Search results

1. S

Yamaha R-300 receiver

Lost function screw years ago I bought my R300 new in '83. After several moves I lost the Allen wrench and later found it by the time the screw had loosened enough to fall out. Since then I have relied on tiny metal or paper objects that I can wedge between the control and the front panel...
  2. S

Back To The Future

Hey, I'd like to see a picture of that Garard!
  3. S

Which Dual is the best? I've made up my mind!

Dual CL 1254 VS Garard B-30 I've had a Garard B-30 since 1983. It has a Pickering cartridge. This turntable has never been a problem. Now I've looked at a Dual 1254 priced at 150 dollars with the cartridge, stylus, manual and the record changer which I wouldn't use anyway. I'm curious as to...
  4. S

anyone use "fully" automatic turntables ?

I've seen a Dual CL 1254 fully auto for 150 dollars with cartridge, stylus and manual. Don't know what kind of cartridge. Thirty years ago, I was told you could only use an Ortofon with a Dual.
  5. S

Mario Lanza

Mario Lanza The American Caruso I like the fact that people such as Toscannini called Lanza the 'Voice of the Century' and Koussevitsky, Schipa, Tebaldi, Tucker, Kirsten, Albanese all had high regard for him. Otherwise, his unprecedented early acclaim and the easy lure of Hollywood had...
  6. S

Today's classical playlist

I have a mono copy of Artur Rubinstein's 1964 recording of Beethoven's Piano Concerto No.5 in E Flat -the 'Emperor -with Erich Leinsdorf and the Boston Symphony. I was sure I read a bad review at All Music or some other site a few days ago but today I can't find it. The reviewer was saying that...
  7. S

How's this for someones FIRST stereo?

My first stereo was a Sears (Lloyds) compact with a BSR record changer and an 8 track and separate speakers. I think it put out 3 watts per channel. I tried some nice looking Realistic shelf speakers with 20 watt capacity but they didn't sound to happy when I played vinyl at higher volumes...
  8. S

Welcome to the Yamaha Forum!

I am a new member with an old 1983 Yamaha R300 receiver. I would appreciate any posts about this model. My only problem is that the function switch screw came loose and disappeared years ago. I have made do with bits of cardboard wedged between the switch and the front panel. I still have the...
Back
Top Bottom