Search results

1. cableguy

So, these happened today...

I can't remember the last time I've posted here...Pioneer SX 4g, baby HPM'S. Japan only I assume. Cute little buggers. I'm giving them a go tonight. The mids and highs sound pretty nice...not boomy in the low end. Dig it. I've always wanted to try something from the TAD (ish) line. The...
  2. cableguy

Pioneer S-D7 speakers

I picked up a pair of these pretty cheap locally (Jakarta Indonesia) and while they don't look like much, they sure sound good. https://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/pioneer-sd7-loudspeakers.63386/
  3. cableguy

Sony Mdr-F1

I have had a pair of these for about a week and am pretty dammed happy with the entire package...comfort and sound on these is pretty hard to complain about :music: Tremendous cans....I'll be hanging on to these :yes...
  4. cableguy

karmanfamily = excellent

Raymond is a helluva great guy to wheel and deal with...top shelf..:thmbsp:
  5. cableguy

anotherhobby come through for me.

bought some Grado cans from anotherhobby and they are pretty sweet. Thanks man..:thmbsp:
  6. cableguy

So, I guess I missed this forum till now

Very nice to see the Brits getting a place here...I still have my Arcam rDac and a pair of Mission monitors that are doing me quite nicely. Brit audio remains my favorite of all of the "country of origin" gear. :thmbsp:
  7. cableguy

All of AK....awesome!

Just a shout out to the collective membership:bigok:...you are all awesome...that is all...
  8. cableguy

Arcam A65+

Grabbed one of these locally for under 2 bills...I did not realize how much I had missed Arcam til I hooked this up and started listening...Simply wonderful and has a very good on-board phono stage to boot (hence the + in the name)...:thmbsp: At 40 wpc has more than enough power to pit a smile...
  9. cableguy

Monitor audio silver s1

Well I tried this upstairs and had a few comments, but mayhap they will be appreciated more by this crowd. I had a good fourth, while everyone was out celebrating I was inside working and grabbed these Monitor Audio Silver RS I's as well as a sweet pair of Linn Tukans (...
  10. cableguy

Monitor audio "silver s1"

Won a pair of theses on the Bay over the fourth....can't wait to give them a spin. Looks like Monday they'll be here which is really sweet being my day off and all. Beautiful cherry veneer, they are pretty sexy. :yes:
  11. cableguy

Linn Tukan

Found a beautiful and relatively local pair of these in cherry-wood...picking them up on Monday. Pretty excited as I have been lusting after a pair of these for some time.
  12. cableguy

Perreaux TU-1 = awesome....

Just grabbed one of these and it sounds fantastic....far and above anything that has crossed my path, which admittedly isn't a anything to write home about. But that being said...Me like...:thmbsp:
  13. cableguy

Jorma Kaukonen

I could listen to him from sunrise to sundown...he's amazing.
  14. cableguy

Mac 1900

Picked a real beauty of a 1900 and am really quite impressed. :yes: This a stock unit that is super clean, and by all rights should be updated at some point simply due to age, but sounds fantastic as it sits...Hooked up a CD player, the Audio Notes, turntable, head amp, and what can I say, it's...
  15. cableguy

Not much love for Acoustic Energy...

or perhaps it's a lack of exposure & experience. AE was my first "real" Hi Fi speaker. I had the Aegis 1's and they are still one of my favorite monitors that I have ever owned. http://www.stereophile.com/standloudspeakers/239/index.html I sit here this morning coveting two of their other...
  16. cableguy

Rega R-1

I have the Rega R-1 on the brain this morning...and since this is the REGA forum I was hoping to get some impression on these speakers, or others that are similar. :thmbsp:
  17. cableguy

Will you still let me hang out here....

Even though I'm getting a pair of Dynaco A-25's...? :D They have upgraded x-overs and Morel tweeters...that's gotta count for something, right? Just getting excited about the upcoming fest...:thmbsp: Who's else is coming?
  18. cableguy

Mission MX2's getting a lil' mian rig time....

I have not really had any chance to put these through the paces till tonight....hell, they are not even close to being broke in yet....been doing time in the computer/TV rig till now.....I will say this, they appreciate the xtra juice and are as very fast speakers as they sit now...hoping to...
  19. cableguy

Holy Grail?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BUD-LIGHT-IPOD-MP3-SPEAKER-TOWER-W-REMOTES-SD-MMC-CARD-SLOT-KARAOKE-USB-/110856122881?pt=Speakers_Subwoofers&hash=item19cf8a3201 :D
  20. cableguy

Anthem Gear

Well I am pretty excited to have managed to horse trade with a fellow AKer for an Anthem TLP-1 preamp. By the looks, features, and specs this has what I was seeking to control my amps in the main rig. This being my first Anthem piece I am both excited and (as always) a little nervous as to just...
  21. cableguy

Anyone want to talk Chip and class D... :-)

I could post this in DIY and get a plethora of information for certain, but these are fully assembled and working amps, and I tend to become overwhelmed by much of the technical jargon as well. Not that the tech vernacular isn't absolutely valuable, but as a full time Chef and a full time...
  22. cableguy

Transformer ID needed

:smoke:
  23. cableguy

Bada HDCD-19

Guilty as charged....:smoke: I bought one of these several months back on the used marked and really like this dame thing. Really good build, ss, coaxial or tube buffered outputs...I had replaced the stock op amps (NE5532) with two upgraded ones (Burr Brown OPA2134), installed a Tele 12AU7...
  24. cableguy

Audio Note AN-J's

I almost posted this in the Speaker forum but kinda feel like this crowd would be more hip to these beauty's....these are by a wide margin the best speakers I have ever owned...detailed, lush, accurate as hell, fast...I could go on...They are not too hard on the eyes either... From AN...
  25. cableguy

Thule DVA250B Flagship DVD-V, DVD-A Player

I thought I would share a bit about the main deck in my system. The Thule DVA250B Flagship DVD-V, DVD-A Player. the Thule flagship DVD-Video, DVD-Audio player in excellent condition. Made entirely in Denmark, it is extremely well built with a pleasing design. Features include 5.1 analog...
Back
Top Bottom