Search results

1. newfie

Your photo, critiqued and/or praised. It's about learning and improving.

love it. foreground tree, simple but adds so much perspective. The beauty is really in the background though.
  2. newfie

Composition is KEY

sounds like a guy who used to have to pay for developing results:-) My Dad shoots the same way. I was at the tail end of film and definitely shoot more shots digital and I believe the deliberate shooting of film guys is a big advantage. I tend to not shoot much at all, til I see what I want...
  3. newfie

can we buy/sell/trade photo gear here?

just wondering
  4. newfie

Portraits/People

my daughter doing her favorite thing! natural golden hour side lit window.
  5. newfie

looking to create drama with negative space. big open space and the lost child, seeing this sunset for what it really is for the first time. He had to be a silhouette in my opinion:-)
  6. newfie

still a broken link. taking it from flikr:
  7. newfie

Landscapes

dreamy findings found this boat, took a nap in it. woke up and found this sunset. took a pic and ran home to find a sandwich. best day ever!
  8. newfie

how'd ya get ye ol image in the message body?
  9. newfie

hpm-100 dust cap and cone repair

i'm pretty sure using a damp brush on the the dust cap to soften and eventually pop out with tape should work although I'm open to other suggestions. the cone is another story. will dampening it and letting it dry reduce the damage or weaken it further and how much does it affect the sound...
  10. newfie

HPM-100 recap pics

lowering the crossover point for the super tweeter would bleed over with the paper tweeter and raise the freq response too much in that area. would likely become a very fatiguing speaker. Too much treble! It's quite forward sounding anyway, although I must say, the new caps have softened...
  11. newfie

HPM-100 recap pics

yes, i replaced the .15uf. that's the little solen in the pic. i wraped one lead straight down its side and soldered the cap in place on its end. fit perfect that way.
  12. newfie

turntable sound differences

i won't be upgrading the receiver or speakers. i guess i'm asking if the truntable is up to snuff with the rest.
  13. newfie

$20 from "my needle store" looks generic
  14. newfie

technics Turntable SL-BD 22 marantz 2265b pioneer hmp-100 inexpensive needle will i get a noticible improvement with a higher end table and needle?
  15. newfie

HPM-100 recap pics

wow! thought they were good before...10 bucks later, i'm rockin out!!!
  16. newfie

that cyber clean stuff

anyone try it on your gear or even on your LPs?
  17. newfie

vinyl

a thing of beauty!
  18. newfie

2265b issue

check out these pics! thanks again everyone for all your help!
  19. newfie

HPM 100 recap question

Anyone able to point me twords a canadian cap supplier other than solen? Oh, i'm also looking to bring some shine back to the wood without refinishing, any suggestions?
  20. newfie

2265b issue

Tom, nailed it again! Looks like it was the volume knob. cleaned all the switches and pots. This thing sounds fantastic now.
  21. newfie

2265b issue

but... where? the fact that it's only in one side should rule out much of the p800 and point twords a power stereo board of some kind that has a mirror image should it not?
  22. newfie

Marantz 2226B - No Sound

do you hear a relay click? i didn't with mine last going off, but i do now.
  23. newfie

2265b issue

new problem but thanks for the cap list. worked well the 4.7 uf next to the relay was bad. BIG thanks catrafter and others. we replaced the rest as well. :music: new issue: turn on music, works amazing for about 2mins then right chanel goes realy fuzzy. tap the face and everthing...
  24. newfie

2265b issue

thanks everyone. i've orders some parts and will update in the marantz forum. stay tuned!
Back
Top Bottom