Search results

1. rmunson

Converting to a mono configuration - an old Magnavox drum console

Thanks guys - yep these are just garden variety 8 ohm drivers I'm experimenting with sending the signal into both positive sides of each channel (tying the + together) in a parallel config - Initial tests are inconclusive... but it's fun to learn how to tie both channels into one mono channel...
  2. rmunson

Converting to a mono configuration - an old Magnavox drum console

I have been working on an interesting old 70s Magnavox drum console - dungeon chic model - The receiver is operationally in a very bad place right now so I'd like to replace the old receiver with a class D kit from parts express. Thinking about the layout of this console, I'm wondering if it...
  3. rmunson

Magnavox with a companion speaker - summing circuit?

OK - thank you -- I was referring to that 3rd resistor that goes down to ground -- here's a better representation of it -- in this sketch they are using a 20K ohm R -- because it's for an electric guitar -- When I tried this circuit I was not able to get any sound through with that R3...
  4. rmunson

great! Thank you! so left channel -------- R1 ______________________sum (R1 & R2) ---------------------- mono right channel ------ R2________________R3---->ground what does R3 to ground do?
  5. rmunson

Thanks Cademan - that is probably a better idea - sending signal to a small mono amp and then over to that external speaker -- I did try L and R straight to a test speaker ala Haffler circuit but it didn't sound very good - Would this work as a good summing circuit to use with the tape out (2...
  6. rmunson

Hello friends, I'm working with a Magnavox drum cabinet console and an external companion speaker - The units were not designed for each other - but what I'd like to do is use the companion speaker as a mono reinforcement speaker on the other side of the room from the drum cabinet - The drum...
  7. rmunson

Magnavox Drum Table Stereo turntable help

I just purchased replacement needles from Voice Of Music in Michigan - www.thevoiceofmusic.com Gary helped me identify this needle for the record changer: Part number: 558-D7 Diamond 0.7 mil tip for 16,33,45 rpm records Price $6.50
  8. rmunson

1970s magnavox record player end table

Hi everyone, I'm in the middle of a restore on a similar unit - the Spanish dungeon model - I just purchased replacement needles from Voice Of Music in Michigan - www.thevoiceofmusic.com Gary helped me identify this needle for the record changer: Part number: 558-D7 Diamond 0.7 mil tip for...
  9. rmunson

Fisher Consoles 1959-1965

I was obsessed with a 61 Electra amp and tuner chassis for awhile that fisherconsoles website is great - There is one for sale in my area - there was a time when having a complete Fisher console was my dream - but they are too expensive - I lowered my bracket to 70s solid state Magnavox consoles -
  10. rmunson

Fisher Consoles 1959-1965

I found this: https://www.fisherconsoles.com/ LIST OF FISHER CATALOGS, BROCHURES, & LITERATURE scroll down to bottom of page --
  11. rmunson

Interesting Stereo Ads? Post a pic for memory lane's sake.

not sure if anyone has posted something along these lines - Search Google Books for old magazine ads I searched on Pioneer sx-727
  12. rmunson

Magnavox Micromatic W620 running slow at cold start

resurrecting this thread with a similar question - I've disassembled the motor - but I'm not sure how to take apart the bearings or remove the top gearing to get in an clean the top bearing - any tips? Are these supposed to be disassembled? Or do you just flush them out with solvent as best as...
  13. rmunson

Interesting Stereo Ads? Post a pic for memory lane's sake.

Ebony - Oct 1973 Magnavox drum table stereo
  14. rmunson

OVTR 1 amp replacement

I have an amp out on my pair of Overture 1 speakers - I have sourced a replacement amp board for the down speaker - I can not find any documentation on how to disassemble the speaker cabinet -- If anyone could give me some guidance on how to disassemble the unit I would be very grateful -...
  15. rmunson

Back to the vintage low watt receivers. They are addictive!

as a Pioneer guy, I ask myself... what is the cutoff between low and medium for the sx receivers? Did the sx650 silver face fall under the line for a low watt receiver? I'm working on a console pull from an early 70s magnavox right now - that 70s aestetic, low wpc output, backlit face... as...
  16. rmunson

Scotts in odd places

I was too late on the ad - the person did get back to me and said it wasn't available - I hope they did a bit of research and found out what it was really worth -- it would be interesting to know more about the set up - were there 3rd party manufacturers that kitted out pieces like this with a...
  17. rmunson

Scotts in odd places

Hey guys - came across this craigslist ad today - I hope someone contacted the seller to let them know what grandma and grandpa had here: French Provincial Stereo Cabinet Circa 1960 - $75
  18. rmunson

So You Want To Repair Audio gear, Eh? Here's the tools you need...

I'm confused -- can a function generator produce the same range of frequencies as a signal generator? For aligning AM and FM what frequency range of function gen would we be looking for?
  19. rmunson

getting started with tuner alignment

I've found this guy's videos helpful: I have a simple 2 channel Tektronic TDS 210 - So I just need a signal generator -- would I be better off going with an older used signal generator like an Eico 369 - the one used in the video above, or would it be better to go with something new like...
  20. rmunson

So You Want To Repair Audio gear, Eh? Here's the tools you need...

would it be better to get an inexpensive, new signal generator or something from the 60s/70s out on ebay?
  21. rmunson

no AM on a magnavox console pull

referring above -- C15 -- a tuning capacitor without a can? it appears this way on the Sams
  22. rmunson

Who's listening to FM Tonight? What tuner?

mmmmm..... TX-9500..... that tuner is mainly what lured me into the world of vintage audio - a give a mouse a cookie type incrementalism... "Ooooo... look at that TX-9500..... I really like that... but look over here at these black faced tuner dials...well I could get a black faced SX series...
  23. rmunson

I thought this looked funny --
  24. rmunson

interestingly, I do get stations at the lower and upper end of the dial -- if I have my hand on the antenna rod -- almost like my body is acting like an antenna -- the middle of the dial sounds like a middle range buzz saw
  25. rmunson

Thanks guys - my Q5 is measuring correct now - E: 1.10 ----> 1.18 B: 1.71 ----> 1.78 C: 11.46 ----> 11.42 ready to try alignment but need a frequency generator
Back
Top Bottom