Search results

1. Hammie

Digital only play list:

I'm about to buy and subsequently listen to: Eric Clapton - Slow Hand Rush - Moving Pictures Both are now available at HDTracks.com in a wonderous 24/96kHz format. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  2. Hammie

Digital only play list:

I love this album. I would love to find a hi-res version of it. I bet the dynamics would be mind shattering. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  3. Hammie

Apple TV questions

Hmmm... There is a Remote app by Apple to control iTunes and the AppleTV while using it, but I still think you will need some sort of monitor to configure it. Do you have any access to a computer monitor? That should be good enough. I'm trying to think what you need to configure in order to...
  4. Hammie

went to a BOSE store....

So, here is my funny (to me at least) story about the Bose store in Tysons II mall in Northern VA. About a year or so ago, I stopped in while my wife was shopping. I was just wandering around when a sales guy about my age (mid-late 30's) approached me asking to help. At the time, I was actually...
  5. Hammie

Just finishing up my DIY Audio stand

WOW!!! Love it. I don't think it would pass my wife's approval, but the simplicity and warmth is wonderful and I would use it if I had a dedicated room all to myself. Did I mention great job??? :D
  6. Hammie

What Media Player do you Use???

I currently use iTunes controlled remotely with my iPad. I have a Mac Mini connected via optical to my AV processor. I am looking at a few optional add-ons for my Mac Mini. Pure Music and Amarra are two options I am considering. If I go this way, I may get a new tweaked out mac Mini and...
  7. Hammie

Hammie's Media Room

Thanks! I am totally loving my system. :D :banana: I'm not sure about the XPA-2, but I previously owned the XPA-5 and now the two XPA-1, and all three have been nothing but stellar. I recommend them to any budget conscious person looking for high performance gear. Depending on what you...
  8. Hammie

Hammie's Media Room

Thanks, Vince. Did you ever go down the Emotiva route or did you choose something else?
  9. Hammie

DanCheet's Humble abode

I love how the three pieces fit perfectly on the cabinet. Just a wonderful system you put together.
  10. Hammie

Rack system...in a rack!

Yup, that's a rack all right... :D Very cool setup.
  11. Hammie

Ok, I'll play...

Nice setup! Congrats on the new speakers. They look beautiful.
  12. Hammie

Hammie's Media Room

Thanks, spider!
  13. Hammie

Morrow Audio speaker cable

That is a great story. I somehow got on their mailing list about 6 months ago. Although I did not go with his speaker cables, it is great to hear there are companies still ou t there who are customer service focused.
  14. Hammie

Speaker Wire

I've had the cables for a while now. I think they really opened up the mid-range on my speakers. I know there was some difference, because I had one cable installed and then got side tracked. I later went to listen to some music and watch TV and my imaging was all messed up. The side with the...
  15. Hammie

Hammie's Media Room

Thanks, Clyde!
  16. Hammie

No debates: what speaker wires, cables or interconnects do you prefer and use?

HDMI Cables: Blue Jeans Cables RCA: Blue Jeans Cables, Acoustic Research (Y-splitter for sub) XLR: Emotiva Speaker: King Cable (to the speaker/wall), Monoprice (In-Wall) TosLink: Monoprice, Acoustic Research Power: Emotiva
  17. Hammie

"Blue Jeans Cables" and "Better Cables"

I've used Monoprice, Blue Jeans, and Emotiva RCA's in my system. I hated the Monoprice ones. I thought the build quality was suspect and introduced a nasty hum to my sub. The Blue Jeans were really nice but there was something about the sound I did not care for -- I guess I would describe the...
  18. Hammie

When to buy a DAC?

Maybe it may be the B&W speakers I have connected, but it is more likely the Mac OS X AudioCore software. Yes, I am looking at an external DAC with music streaming capabilities. I plan on hooking my Oppo BDP-83 to the DAC for CD and SA-CD listening. Blu-ray's will still go through the HDMI...
  19. Hammie

How are your computer speakers?

B&W MM-1's. Perfect for my application.
  20. Hammie

Hammie's Media Room

Thanks, guys! They sound as good as they look, too. ;) Thanks. I figured it was a good thing. I must just be getting too old. I just don't know what all this new lingo is... And I'm only 38. :D
  21. Hammie

Latest picture of my System

Those speakers are GINORMOUS if that is an 82" TV...
  22. Hammie

When to buy a DAC?

I think a USB DAC will surely improve what you are getting from the 3.5" headphone jack. As Andyman already mentioned, plugging a cable from the 3.5" jack to an external DAC will do nothing since the internal laptop DAC and amp will already have processed the signal. Use the USB or if your...
  23. Hammie

Do Headphones Go Through Break In Like Speakers?

Actually, I think we all need to re-evaluate all of our systems. Now that the Earth has moved 4 degrees off axis after the Japan earthquake, things may sound different. I know I have been walking a little different. I seem to be leaning to one side a little more... sometimes so much, I'll walk...
  24. Hammie

Hammie's Media Room

HUH??? :scratch2: EDIT: Had to Google "Mad jelly" only to find out it means "really jealous." I appreciate the comment, but please do not be jealous. I just worked hard and set my goals to what I wanted my end result to be. however, in this hobby, upgraditis sets in after a while and newer...
  25. Hammie

When to buy a DAC?

Have you all looked at this sticky for ideas??? http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=275123
Back
Top Bottom