Search results

1. Phase700b

Vinyl only spin list

Linda Ronstadt & Nelson Riddle - - - Sentimental Reasons
  2. Phase700b

CLEANING VINYL - The AK compendium of fact, fiction and collective wisdom

Apologies, but I did not see the alerts lately. The weight of the suction arm and the vacuum creates plenty of force to hold it towards the record while cleaning. I really have no "brush". Just a 1/8" slot along the bottom of the suction tube.
  3. Phase700b

Looking for a CD- 5 disc changer and volume control from the remote.

I just picked up a Sony CDP-C535 and Sony CDP-C735. After checking into many 5 disc CD players . . . and especially Sony . . . the 1993 model year is a good one. The CDP-C735 in particular has much the same specs as the ES series 5 disc players for 1993. Like 116db S/N ratio. Also. . love both...
  4. Phase700b

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

It's Saturday evening. . . I grew up and was 12 years old in the early 60s. . . and this kind of music exemplifies and actually inspired my interest in vinyl and music. It relaxes and takes me back to simpler times. But, yes, I have many other diverse musical interests. Mantovani. . . . On...
  5. Phase700b

Is there a piece of equipment that you absolutely swear by?

I have 3 pieces of equipment I would have difficult parting with. My Dual 1229 (with 3 spare phono cartridges), Marantz 2252B, and original Large Advent speakers in that order. If I had to move to a smaller abode. . . those and my record/CD collection would be all I need. If I couldn't have...
  6. Phase700b

Eight little watercolour paintings, Italy, Summer 1954 - and more...

Nice . . . Genoa .. . . and A romance in an Italian summer night are my favorites so far, although all are so wonderful. To me, they capture the feeling of art and ads I may have seen growing up in the 50s and 60s. I love that kind of art. It shows a style and grace the world seems to lack...
  7. Phase700b

Yamaha pre amp - cap about to blow?

They put those plastic domes on some caps just to make some of us nervous. . . lol.
  8. Phase700b

Um .. . . yes, the glue was crusty and still holding the caps to the circuit board. What would explain the corrosive electrolyte that ate thru 2 other smaller capacitors and the corrosion on the metal chassis and some of the traces on the CB ? ? And note my mention of this in my earlier...
  9. Phase700b

On the other hand. . . . caps don't always swell or get domed on top. I opened up my Boston Acoustics AVR7120 a few weeks ago just to clean out a bit of dust after 15 years of regular use for music and home theater. I noticed previously some occasional faint noises. When I opened it up...
  10. Phase700b

Having another cup . .. put on my 1969 original pressing of Abbey Road LP (still in outer plastic) I bought in 1969 two months before the Induction Center "appointment ". My 4 1/2 year old grandson likes the album . He has good taste . . . :cool: Sorry . .. picture is a bit blurry. . . . Not...
  11. Phase700b

Vinyl only spin list

Having another cup . .. put on my 1969 original pressing of Abbey Road LP (still in outer plastic) I bought in 1969 two months before the Induction Center "appointment ". My 4 1/2 year old grandson likes the album . So. . . . a pretty good start to the day. Sorry . .. picture is a bit...
  12. Phase700b

The Good Morning (Your First Logon for the Day) Thread

'Morning . . . . Paid a bill online. .. having another cup . .. put on my 1969 original pressing of Abbey Road LP (still in outer plastic) I bought in 1969. My 4 1/2 year old grandson likes the album . So. . . . a pretty good start to the day.
  13. Phase700b

120V vs The Rest of The World

Yes. .. most vintage 70s era and any audio equipment is usually 120 VAC as you mention. Ones that are multi voltage are usually apparent by viewing the back panel. Some few, have an almost hidden small slide switch if they are multi voltage. Also, the attached power plugs are flat blade types.
  14. Phase700b

Thinking about getting into RTR…but wondering if SQ will be better than vinyl.

Yes . . I always use 7" 1800' tape of best quality. One album . . . Plus there is always the option of a mix tape with other artists. Another advantage of the flexibility of tape.
  15. Phase700b

I see and also enjoy playing and listening to my extensive LP collection. That said. . . By dubbing LPs onto RTR tape, it allows much longer uninterrupted play time and usually at the same quality as LP if a good machine and tape were used. There is still a lot of blank tape resources out there...
  16. Phase700b

Dual 1229 vs. Pioneer PL-518???

Another for keeping both. The Dual is a very stout turntable. Really, I have both a 1229 and 1229 Q. besides the direct drive Technics SL-1700 and SL-1710 and the Dual is my main system player. By keeping both, if you are concerned with the mechanical nature of the Dual, you will have a...
  17. Phase700b

Having owned 8 different tape decks over the past years starting in early 70s, I've found that some commercial recorded tapes are good, but many are sub par to dubbing the same LP record to tape on a decent quality deck at 7.5 IPS superior. I still have some commercial 2 channel and a few 4...
  18. Phase700b

Everything CPAP. Post your experiences,problems, failures, successes, solutions, tips, tricks, etc.

Could I get the brand and model of that device? I've been looking for one and can't decide which to get. The chart you supplied looks more detailed than many others. Message me if stating the brand info is against site rules. . . .. Thanks!
  19. Phase700b

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Utah WD 60 were my first halfway decent new speakers I bought when getting into the hobby. Those, a Garrad SL 95 changer, Pickering cartridge, and Eico ST40K was a decent system I could afford while going to school. I ended up taking those Utahs and the rest up to Alaska and sold them when I...
  20. Phase700b

Couple of issues with Shure V15 Type II cartridge on Dual 1226

Fist also make sure that the cartridge mounting screws are inserted down and through the cartridge and the attached nuts are on the bottom of the cart. Otherwise if the nuts or end of upward facing screw ends protrude .. .. that will impede proper cartridge head locking into the tone arm end...
  21. Phase700b

I felt like some Telarc classical today - - Though . . unsure if it is OK to break-in my new Nagaoka MP-150 on the canon shots in the 1812 Overture. . . You need to experience the Telarc version of this. It's a groove jumper.
  22. Phase700b

B&W 640 crossover schematic needed

Select from - - -HERE: https://bwgroupsupport.com/manuals/bw-service
  23. Phase700b

What's British in your system?

Bowers & Wilkins B&W DM603 S2 and B&W DM640 speakers. Probably a few more if i think about it.
  24. Phase700b

Late ninetees early noughties minisytems

Very nice compact system you have there. And with the deck also. . . very nice. Over here us yanks don't see many of those and fewer yet with the cassette. The closest I've come across is a Sony CMT CP33MD that had CD, MD and cassette all in one. And I agree. . very nice sounding compact...
  25. Phase700b

Most Attractive Turntable?

I agree. . . . .
Back
Top Bottom