Search results

1. bigstereo

Full Sized Trucks--When Will The "Size War" End?

^ My intent was to help answer your question in the first place but I quoted the wrong posting.
  2. bigstereo

Happy Birthday Tom Brennan!

Happy belated Birthday Tom!
  3. bigstereo

Full Sized Trucks--When Will The "Size War" End?

I have owned two late model Rams. 2014 Express 4 x 4 Reg cab, and now a 2018 Big Horn 4 x 4 Crew Cab. Both with 5.7L Hemi and 8 speed trans. Traded the 2014 in on the 2018 last January. Never had any issues with it just wanted a nicer truck and I wanted another Gen 4 body/front end before they...
  4. bigstereo

What do you drive? Truck, car, or van

2018 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab 4 x 4 Hemi replaced 2014 Ram 1500 Express Reg Cab 4 x 4 Hemi. 2018 Harley FLHRXS 107" replaced 2004 Harley FXDL 88"
  5. bigstereo

Show us your Motorcycles

^Nice Harley, how do you like the M8 so far?
  6. bigstereo

Show us your Motorcycles

Ha ha, you're a real funny effin guy. Keyboard Commando wouldn't dare say that shit to someones face.
  7. bigstereo

Show us your Motorcycles

2018 FLHRXS
  8. bigstereo

air cond question- and room size

I've always had very good experience with Frigidaire window units. In May I bought a new 10,500 or 12,000 btu can't remember which but in the past few days it's been in the 90's here and muggy. I can get the living room down to 62 degrees and the rest of the place nice and cool using a fan to...
  9. bigstereo

Tom 'Mongoo$e' McEwen

I remember those guys well. I built a model of one of "Grumpys Toys" (Bill Jenkins) when I was a kid. Going to the Summit Racing NHRA Nationals down in Ohio in a couple weeks with a bud from work.
  10. bigstereo

What Do You Like on Your Hotdog?

OR WITH PLUS AND and occasionally
  11. bigstereo

Happy Birthday to bigstereo!

I don't feel a day over fifty. ;) Late to the party, I was too busy enjoying the two weeks of vacation I just had off from work. Back to reality tonight. Thanks everyone!
  12. bigstereo

Winter 2018, first winter with winter tires. Cannot go back

Hey neighbor. I had an 01 Outback with snow tires for a winter-beater and it went like hell in the snow, never felt out of control. Now I'm down to one 4 wheeler. 4 x 4 Ram with BFG TA KO2's. Had them on my last two trucks They will get me through anything in 4 wheel lock. I came home from...
  13. bigstereo

Grill Cloth Glue

PS. There is a thread over on Lansing Heritage entitled "Zilch Cloth Installation" that will tell you all you ever need to know about doing grill cloth replacement. I would post a link but I do not know if that is allowed here.
  14. bigstereo

Grill Cloth Glue

Years ago I re-did a pair of L100t3's with some blue cloth I got from Zilch (rip). The frames are plastic and I used brush on 3M contact cement. Worked like a charm.
  15. bigstereo

SpaceX - Falcon9 - DragonX - Elon Musk

My littler brother retired from the Navy a few years ago and got a job at Space X. They had him working on the Falcon 9 engines. He got canned for taking pictures of his work area and sending them in emails. He was sending them just to family. I told him before the actual canning happened that...
  16. bigstereo

Best Buy pulling CDs

I agree with ^ Andy man. Plugged my Galaxy S7 into the old stereo system Sunday night and rocked Spotify for hours. Pretty galdarned convenient.
  17. bigstereo

Flashing Check Engine Light

As others have already noted, PB the heck out that fitting and give it time to work. I would like to add that some heat applied to threaded area with a torch has saved my rear-end quite a few times in trying to break loose stubborn bolts, fittings etc. I prefer MAPP because it burns a little...
  18. bigstereo

Flashing Check Engine Light

Personally, I consider my scan tool to be just about the most useful tool in my box. That and internet access will allow you to solve a lot of problems by yourself. Worth every dollar that it cost me and has helped me to diagnose problems on my own and others vehicles. Saves you money from just...
  19. bigstereo

New Rig

Tom, With 5.7L Hemi, load 1502, tow 7990.
  20. bigstereo

New Rig

There is a shop that does Krown about 2 miles from my house. I was thinking about getting that. I know that it's popular in Canada. Is that the rustproofing you get sprayed on the Ford?
  21. bigstereo

New Rig

Yessir, they rust out pretty quick up here unless you also keep a decent running "winter-beater" around. I lived in Maryland for awhile and had a brand new Toyota pick up that when it was five years old the frame and whole underbody still looked new. I hate salt!!!
  22. bigstereo

New Rig

There are RR tracks all over in my area especially along my way to work along Lake Erie on NY-5 where the old rusty remnants of the Bethlehem and Republic steel plants are and the humongous Ford stamping plant still operates, those tracks are still heavily used. Right behind the plant I work in...
  23. bigstereo

New Rig

Thanks, and yes 5.7L. Those Cummins are bad-ass motors. Would be way overkill for what I use my truck for though, it would never get to flex. It would be like, "Is this all you got? :boring:...."
  24. bigstereo

New Rig

BTW, I did'nt go into detail earlier but The Tungsten Package is a trim level not a chrome color or anything else. I believe that Tungsten is the highest level trim of all Ram trucks. $$$$$
  25. bigstereo

New Rig

Okay
Back
Top Bottom