Search results

1. Doc Zinger

Modest componets, great sound!

Sad and happy time, the old system is history, sold all 4 speakers this week and have the rest on C list and E bay, 40+ years with those guys hard to let it all go. But have more of a desire to use the space for a heated wood working shop with some space to work without moving a lot of stuff...
  2. Doc Zinger

The greatest Soundtracks ever

Add 2; Cool Hand Luke- Seemed like you could almost see what was going on with your eyes closed, great sounds. . King Rat- Music set the mood so well, gave some feeling of what it was like as a POW and the despair.
  3. Doc Zinger

Harman Kardon Citation 22 fuse value

I've got 4 of these things in my system, don't think I'll look inside, ignorance is bliss!
  4. Doc Zinger

Fans Can Now Police Sports

I think the NFL should run with this, a new profit center they're always looking for. Maybe set up a room in each stadium for a group of off the field officiating, say about 25 really, really big big screens with 10 or so fans paying $ 1000 to 1500 each (so say 250 fans per week -32 teams 16...
  5. Doc Zinger

Volvo women's Team SCA

Thought this thread needed an up date. Ran across the Volvo Ocean Race series on Y Tube, so really amazing stuff and people. New race starting at the end of year (Dec '17) into 2018. Would never do this myself but glad to see some do and watch their stories, find my excitement elsewhere...
  6. Doc Zinger

Bought a Mercedes today :)

An update, made a change of wheels, a few pics
  7. Doc Zinger

After my last post I've done some rethinking and have decided if I have any chance to sell my speakers and amps I have to include the total system. Since all the components were selected/modified to work together it only makes sense. Just have to find someone as crazy as me with a few bucks to...
  8. Doc Zinger

After a lot of thinking I've decided to try to sell the back end of this system- the 6 amps, 2 active crossovers, the 2 main speakers, the sub bass units, and all cables hooking everything up. I will keep the front end- pre amp( WTF how could I give up my Classe DR5.) the turntable, CD player...
  9. Doc Zinger

New RV addition, the Wanderstar/Hilton

Have been looking at some old threads and came across this one. do you still have the rig if so how is it holding up? Seemed to be build like a BS, so it should giving someone great service
  10. Doc Zinger

Grill marks

Installed a set of GrillGrates in my Home Depot Charmglow grill this summer, what a difference they make from the stock wire rod grates. Made from extruded alum and get ALOT hotter than the old style grates. Once I learned how to deal with the hotter surface and when I needed it hot and when a...
  11. Doc Zinger

Speakerlab questions and opinions

I went to a Sat talk/demo given by Pat when they were at a 55th/35th corner building north of UW. He was engaging, funny, and had a lot of good info on the BS that was the state of audio home speakers of that era. He got a lot of people interested in building their own for better more...
  12. Doc Zinger

Speakerlab fans : upload your speakers here!

I have those same mid range horns, only mine are in the speakers I built using Speakerlab parts.
  13. Doc Zinger

Puget Sound DIY Meet--August 29th

A few more, a mixed bag.
  14. Doc Zinger

Another room:
  15. Doc Zinger

A set up by one person, built amp and speakers both.
  16. Doc Zinger

A few more: some of the larger speakers.
  17. Doc Zinger

A few pics of the meet: I think stuff for sale.
  18. Doc Zinger

New Truck

Wonder how many beer cans goes into one truck body? Looks like everyone is going to have to step up their beer drinking!
  19. Doc Zinger

What was the fastest car you ever owned?

One I have currently, a 1990 Mercedes 560SEC;
  20. Doc Zinger

"Used Cars", anyone?

What everyone said+27!
  21. Doc Zinger

Thanks for everyone's concern, it looks a lot worse in the pics than it was. I checked the car at start of day/work and repositioned as needed. The driveway is sloped and I"ve never trusted jackstands for this reason and have used wooded blocks. It never hurts to reassess one's work...
  22. Doc Zinger

A bump, got most of the work I thought was needed on this car and then some. Put in new exhaust system and now need to get in some seat time,
  23. Doc Zinger

US Open golf?

Wonder what the comments were about Oakmont or Olympic the first time they hosted the Open?
  24. Doc Zinger

US Open golf?

Guess the guys that are use to playing their second shot from the trees are having a hard time on this course! OMG I forgot,YOU'RE suppose to have a hard time when you can't keep your frick'in ball on the fairway, this course or any other for that matter.
Back
Top Bottom