Search results

1. M

Curious if anyone has seen this before?

I picked these HPM-100’s up today..they are the 200 watt versions ..not the greatest cosmetically but all drivers working and they sound awesome. The right grille has me completely stumped..first off, I’ve never seen this ..and secondly ..I don’t know what the “M” stands for? The seller told me...
  2. M

Marantz model 1 consolette power supplies

Hi all..I debated whether to ask this question here or in the Marantz forum. I obtained two of these units without the power supplies and I am wondering if anyone knows the approx cost in labor and parts , as far as having these made? I am not a tech (obviously).. but am looking for one local to...
  3. M

Fisher X-101D volume knob question

Hi all..was wondering if anyone can steer me in the right direction to find the gold cap that would go on this knob? I would be willing to buy the entire knob if just the gold portion is not available.. Thanks !
  4. M

Kenwood KB-700 super low frequency drive system

Hi all..spent half the night trying to research this and could only come up with a picture from Argentina online. Wondering if anyone had heard of this model and/or used it? I’m picking up two of them later today with two pairs of KL-999z’s..I’m very curious if these are all intended to be used...
  5. M

1217-1290/LE 175 help needed

Hi all..hopefully someone knowledgeable on this can help me..I’m attempting to go a little out of my “refoam only” technical skills on speakers. Recently I obtained a pair of C38..they sound great EXCEPT one of the 1217-1290 drivers is very noticeably lower in sound. I switched the N1200...
  6. M

JBL Metregon question..

Hi all...I was fortunate to acquire one of these, and will be arranging delivery later this week. I was wondering if any owners (or anyone who is knowledgeable on this) can tell me whether it would be ok to place the components I will be using on top of the speakers? I obviously won’t be...
  7. M

Integral Research SL2 Speakers Dallas TX?

Just obtained these speakers and they sound great. Solid wood enclosures and they each weigh around 50lbs. In my 12 years or so in this hobby, I have never come across anything where I can find absolutely zero info...until now, on these speakers, or this company from Dallas. And I consider...
  8. M

Janszen Model 65 electrostatic Speakers (questions)

Good morning all..I just obtained these and would like to test them and then try them with my pair of AR 3a’s. From what I have read, these are solely tweeter speakers to be used as a “add on” to certain models. I have no experience with these and am unsure not only on how to test, but also as...
  9. M

Model Seven Speakers

Thanks to a awesome AK’er who alerted me to these..I purchased a one way ticket to Michigan and then drove 22 hours straight back home to make it back to get a few hours sleep before work the next day. Wife being out of town surely helped this “adventure”. Seller was original owner and they had...
  10. M

Kenwood LS-1800

Pretty excited this eve that one week of torturous negotiation paid off, and the sound of these is nothing short of spectacular. I listen to 70's and 80's rock, and they are awesome! Will be fun in next coming days to mess with these. Kenwood did make some really good speakers!
  11. M

Any Wharfedale W90 experts out there?

Hi all...I recently obtained a pair of these, and am just very curious as to what year they were made? I started a thread with this question a couple of days ago on the "British Audio" forum, with pictures, however have not had a response. I am thinking I should have started the thread here on...
  12. M

Wharfedale W90 question..

Hello, I am trying to decipher what year my W90 speakers are that I recently obtained. I will try to post some pics..(I have never been very good at this, so apologize in advance if they come out badly). The screens (grills) are made of metal, not cloth, and I have determined after removing the...
  13. M

Help with Chorus ID

Hi all..been trying to find out what type of wood this is after obtaining these yesterday, and cannot seem to find any info on Chorus, only the ID tables for heritage lineup. The tags are faded but I think the letter designation is "CMR followed by OR". I thought the screens were dusty but this...
  14. M

Infinity speaker ID?

Hello, I have a opportunity to purchase these speakers and I wanted to ask any infinity experts if they can ID these for me? The seller says they are servostatik, and in researching them, the pictures do seem to confirm this, but have not been able to see any pics of the "exact" panels..ie..the...
  15. M

Marantz 2215 silver, yet engraved..

Hi all...a question to any Marantz experts here. I just obtained a 2215, and it is definitely has the engraved faceplate, but its silver, definitely not the usual Champagne color. I have other Champagne ones that I was able to compare this to. The serial number is 5147, and my question is...were...
  16. M

Sansui B-2101 or Carver 500T

My first thread in the new format:). Opinions welcomed on this...I currently have a B-2101 amp that I really like..I have the opportunity to acquire a Carver 500T, and am just curious about others experience with either of these amps. I just cannot justify keeping both of these if I get the...
  17. M

Vintage audio sale in Dallas area

You guys in Dallas and surrounding area might find this sale interesting...looks like it's Saturday only.**I may have to go...looks like a lot of good stuff! http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/ele/5190146177.html
  18. M

Kenwood Model Seven Speakers..how rare?

So I have been on a quest for a pair of these, and usually on my audio "quests"..even if I cannot obtain, I will at least see something available at one time. In my 9 years or so in this hobby, I have never come across them. Anybody own a pair? Anybody ever seen, or heard them?
  19. M

Help with agonizing decision..

I have a Mcintosh 2100 that is near mint cosmetically, but is blowing the main fuse, and also a Bryston 3b amplifier with only one channel working, other one no sound. I just purchased a 2105, and need to sell one of these to help cover the cost. I cannot decide on which one to let go..dont...
  20. M

Denver Vintage Voltage Expo

Sadly, (my wife's perspective would be "happily") I was unable to attend this year. Anybody go yesterday? How was it?
  21. M

Anybody ever seen these?

Pretty cool and unusual. No affiliation..http://www.ebay.com/itm/161623787279?
  22. M

Concept 16.5 issue...

Hi all..in a bit of a pickle here. About three years ago, I bought this receiver with the knowledge that there was no output through the speakers, only through the headphones. The owner had told me that his smoke alarm had triggered his sprinklers in his home, and though he had rushed to remove...
  23. M

5000X with gold tuning knob?

Hi all..just acquired a 5000X today, and wondering if anyone has ever seen or heard of this? At first I thought it may be "aftermarket" until I did a google image search and found one pic of the exact same knob. The wood cabinet has a sticker that says "EP" which I understand is a military base...
  24. M

Very sad JBL story..

Didn't sleep well last night thinking about this. About a month ago on my local CL, there popped up a ad for JBL L220's for $400. I caught the ad 12 minutes after posting...called the number and was the second response. Original owner and very nice seller, he wanted the speakers to go to a "good...
  25. M

Kenmore WA rectilinear iii speakers $39.99

Mint pair of these at ST Vincent de Paul in Kenmore WA. As usual, when I am away from TX, I find stuff I can't take on the plane! No affiliation..
Back
Top Bottom