Search results

1. Jimerson

How Cool Is This for 45 Grand?

I wouldn't even know how to change the record!
  2. Jimerson

Adios Gallbladder.

Jeez, thought we lost a member named Gallbladder!! Glad you're doing OK.
  3. Jimerson

Getting paid to snitch on excessive idling in NYC

Started noticing at the grocery store all the empty running cars in the parking lot. I guess people go shopping now and leave the car with AC running so they don't inconvenience themselves with a hot car for the few minutes it takes to cool it down. I think people are just getting weaker.
  4. Jimerson

Just brought these home. JBL L7

Got a pair 12-15 years ago for around $200, before the "frenzy". Saw them pretty frequently in various condition on Craigslist. My son has used them for years. Narrow footprint but need some room on the sides to sound good due to side firing woofers. There were several threads on this site...
  5. Jimerson

9 Volt Battery. A Fun Fact

A few decades ago I heard of some guy putting a 9v in his jacket pocket and there was a leftover 22 long in there and it went off. The only damage was to the coat.
  6. Jimerson

Not often seen pics of artists and celebs.

Looks like Jerry let him borrow Rosebud!
  7. Jimerson

Potpourri Of The Interesting Stuff

During a partial eclipse here a few years back I looked down at the shade of a live oak on the walk and saw hundreds of little eclipses! Sorry about the crappy flip phone pic:
  8. Jimerson

RIP George Frayne AKA "Commander Cody"

Man, that news put me down!! The Lost Planet Airmen were a unique band full of free wheelin' players. Saw them several times back in the 70's, never let us down. Rest in peace Commander. Putting on "Lost in the Ozone" now.
  9. Jimerson

Trees Dropping Leaves in August ?

Noticed some acorns under my live oak yesterday, way too early for down here. Got 2 inches of rain this week, daily temps in mid 90's.
  10. Jimerson

Wife's Grandfather's C38 WX -- where to start?

Keep the feet! Worth more than you'd think.
  11. Jimerson

As a kid, were you banished outdoors in the summer?

Yep, we were allowed to watch an episode of Tarzan or something on one of our 4 available channels, then out you went. Don't come back until lunch. There's water in the hose. We'd explore the woods around the area, play or swim in the river (it was clean then), hang out at a fort we'd built...
  12. Jimerson

JBL L200b upgrade

Dang, eight years have passed since then! Still enjoy the JBL's, but I did make a more presentable tweet enclosures. Walnut veneer with the L pads on back. Can't remember if I posted them elsewhere on the sight.
  13. Jimerson

Not often seen pics of artists and celebs.

Gurney & Shelby, Sebring 1964
  14. Jimerson

Words to live by

"Praise not the day till evening has come."
  15. Jimerson

Single, Bi-Wire, Bi-Amp ... Latest Opinions

My neighbor has an Mc402 pushing some Sonus Faber Olympica III's that never sounded worthy of that kinda coin. I bi-wired those and the improvement was not subtle.
  16. Jimerson

Interesting...a turntable in a Lexus?

Interesting article I read a while back regarding the car turntable: Highway Fidelity: When Cars Came With Record Players | Mental Floss
  17. Jimerson

I got an STD at the local Goodwill and it's surprisingly pleasant.

I've got the same Sony receiver in my stash, what a tank. Love it!
  18. Jimerson

Tested Negative for Covid, still feel like crap. Anyone else feel that way?

Well down here right now it's pollen season. There's a nacreous yellow haze of oak pollen in the air, my cars look like brown suede. For years I thought I was getting the flu, until I put it all together.
  19. Jimerson

when they rack a shotgun

Yeah, that's Hollywood. When the breach is closed (slide forward) the gun is cocked, either with a shell in the chamber or empty. To rack the gun you either have to pull the trigger or hit the release, usually in back of the trigger guard. I've only owned Rem, Winchester and Browning field...
  20. Jimerson

The Real Star is the CAR

356 Speedster, "King of the Mountain", 1977 w/ Dennis Hopper. Forgotten movie, bitchin' ride.
  21. Jimerson

The Real Star is the CAR

Steed's '28 Bentley Blower. Also Bond's car in Goldfinger (the book).
  22. Jimerson

External mount tweeter?

2405's in green 6" sewer pipe, wrapped in walnut veneer.
  23. Jimerson

RIP Bob Crites

His dedication to the world of audio will be greatly missed. RIP
  24. Jimerson

Tony Rice RIP

Damn, I think Doc, Merle, and Tony were the best flat pickers ever. Saw him and Doc many times at the Suwanee BG festival and other venues. As a lifelong guitarist I was always in awe of his effortless style. Always friendly and approachable. RIP Tony.
  25. Jimerson

Your favorite childhood prank?

When we were kids we'd get an old wallet or one our mom's old purses and leave it by the road attached to some fishing mono. Hide in some bushes. Invariably, a car would stop and when the driver reached for the purse/wallet you'd pull the line just front of them. It's almost impossible not to...
Back
Top Bottom