Search results

1. F

Question for Mcintosh 1900 owners: Speakers?

Sorry to get back to you so late, I've been super busy with the holidays and all, but yes I am aware of this. My point was the 45 watt Mac does sound really good with them, maybe a tad more volume would be nice for quieter media but at 10 or 11 oclock the volumes always been acceptable for me...
  2. F

LOL @ throwing a blanket over them. I'm not actually looking for a vintage sound by any means. I'm kind of aware of the lack of highs on a lot of old speakers and I've heard some that do lack high as my father has plenty of old speakers (and while mine are old too, they don't suffer from the...
  3. F

What I am running now is Infinity Column IIs. I think they were fairly efficient when they came out but not by today's standards. The MAC has no problems with them at all but my old Phillips which was rated at a higher wattage (60 or 90, forget now) couldn't handle them and the speakers...
  4. F

Which models? I know there are all kinds of Klipsch speakers...
  5. F

Hug your Mcinosh and let it know how much it means to you !

Buying a Mcintosh was a bigger event for me than buying my first three cars -- until I got a Cadillac at least!
  6. F

MA2275.....new for $5,500.00?

If the used units don't hold their value very well (which is generally the case with most audio equipment), I'd just get a used one and save a lot of money -- as long as it works.
  7. F

What speakers do you guys run with your Mcintosh 1900? Was thinking Paradigm Studio 40s or 60s. Would it have enough power for 100s? For reference, I am running Infinity Column IIs which by today's standards are very inefficient and it definitely has enough power for them, so I think I...
  8. F

MAC1900 owners. Raise your hand!

I got mine from a doctor who bought it new back in '73, and a couple years later he bought seperate preamps and power amps and had it in his closet ever since. It was definitely an upgrade over what I had when I got it until I started getting loud squealing noises, and now it sounds great!
  9. F

MAC1900 owners. Raise your hand!

I wouldn't trade mine for much of anything.. great amp! A 1700 has a tube poweramp I think (pretty sure but it might be pre, don't remember which for sure) and a 1500 is all tube which is ok but I think solid state is generally better for exact audio reproduction where tubes are for being...
  10. F

My Trans Am

I didn't know they made Trans Ams past like '86... sweet
  11. F

What musical instruments do you have in the house?

Sold the Jem for the ESP.. picked up a strat since.
  12. F

Pictures of Vintage GM cars!

1984 Buick Electra Park Avenue Here is some pics of the car I just got last week. I'm waiting to properly import it from customs (Canadian vehicle) and then redo the sound system. Not a whole lot of horsepower, but it rides very smooth and easily has the most comfortable seats in a car I...
  13. F

Couple of Mcintosh 1900 questions...

I thought so... I almost nabbed one of them for around the same price as my 1900, but my 1900 was dead mint which made it a no-brainer, plus I've read the 1700 was an experimental unit where the when the 1900 came out Mcintosh had better experience with solid state circuits at the time although...
  14. F

I've heard about this, but never in full detail as you have explained.... mine must be one of the earlier ones because I do not have the impedance switch in the back. My speakers are 8 ohms though so I should be good :) I run my computer through it (thus it has got a lot of use) and it's...
  15. F

Yeah it's my only piece, but is in a smaller room. It sounds great in the room I have it in currently... a huge improvement over the room it was in before I moved. And it while it is not the most powerful amplifier out there, it powers my Infinity Column II speakers well enough (yeah, I got...
  16. F

I thought it was something like 55/45/30 depending on the impedance.... earlier I saw "watts" with numbers in that range on the back but I just looked and it appears to be power consumption... but unless I am confusing it with another model I thought that each impedance had its own wattage?
  17. F

That is what I thought because the black had a C below it and the red did not (and the black was on the left side of the left speaker, and the right was on the right of the right speaker as well). Which Mcintosh is that in your avatar? A 1500 or a 1700? Thanks!
  18. F

Hey all, I have a Mcintosh 1900 that I bought last year in perfect condition and I have two questions that I wonder if anyone could answer. The first, and most important, is I recently moved. I am working on hooking up my speakers right now, but I notice that for each speaker set there is a...
  19. F

Got a free Yamaha R-&

It's only 65 watts? It's a hell of a lot louder than my 55 watt Mcintosh... if I put the volume at 9 oclock, it's too loud where I put the volume on the Mcintosh at 12 and it's not loud enough! My father said he read 260 watts right on it and that was too high, so I googled it and found 130...
  20. F

Got a free Yamaha R-&

I don't get any stations without the antenna. My Mcintosh which needs a recap gets 3 (the Yamaha is sitting on top of the Mcintosh at the moment so it should get at least as good reception). I think I can fix the volume control, but honestly it has a remote so I have not used the volume...
  21. F

Got a free Yamaha R-&

Hey all My father just went to the dump and someone had put a Yamaha R-7 receiver in the book exchange. It works. Only problem is the volume control needs to be reseated - it works fine and smooth but its wabbly. I can't get any radio stations with it though - maybe just needs an...
  22. F

Great Misunderstood Lyrics...

I remember my mother thought "some stupid with a flare gun" was "some stupid motherfucker" in Smoke on the Water. Either would make sense for the song really!
  23. F

MA-6200 vs MAC 1900 volume wise

I was leaning toward the same thing, but I should be able to pay off most my credit with my refund check from school (which I will receive before my promo period expires). That changes everything :)
  24. F

MA-6200 vs MAC 1900 volume wise

Cleve - it may be because of bad caps. I cant even use the 1900 now because when I turn it on, it makes some rediculously loud noises (and that cant be good for it either). It is only a couple of recordings as well. Most remastered or newer CDs are quite loud, but for example The Firm's...
Back
Top Bottom