Search results

1. djwhy60

Mrs. Went Above and Beyond!

She MADE bagels!! Holy cow!!!
  2. djwhy60

Oh My!!!

Mrs is trying to fatten me up MORE.....from scratch beignets for breakfast...damn they are good!!!
  3. djwhy60

ChicagoTom Hooked Up My Grandson!!

Saw the ad on BT for the Realistic STA-430 @ChicagoTom had. Wanted it for the system I am setting up for my grandson. The thing is pristine!! Even came in the original box. My GS (8 yrs old) loves it!! Thank you for the great deal Sir!!
  4. djwhy60

Give It a Name

My Mrs. made these ....made dough for cinnamon rolls....put goat cheese and bacon jam inside. After they were baked she put pepper jelly over the top. WOW!! I didn't know what category they fit in!
  5. djwhy60

Nice Deal from eiraved

My grandson (8) has shown a lot of interest in my system, especially my vinyl. So I was on the lookout for aTT he could handle. Low and behold eiraved posted an Audio Technica fully auto TT. Gave me a great deal on it and packed it for the gorillas that ship it! Thank you very much....
  6. djwhy60

Christmas Gifting

I always like the posts of gifts given/received during this time of year. Figured this might keep them in one place? My brother just got a system set up and is enjoying vinyl again. Picked him up a copy of Rush 2112 reissue on 200g DMM pressing and a limited edition of Frank Sinatra Nothing But...
  7. djwhy60

Not Sure What Kind of Receiver....

This is.....not sure I want to know....:rflmao:
  8. djwhy60

More Radio Shack gear

.....like I needed another piece! @belyin gave away a beautiful TM-175. Packed to survive the delivery service gorillas and received in 1 day!! Thank you Sir!
  9. djwhy60

Optonica RT-6501T

Picked up one of these deck for a good price. Am looking for any info/manuals someone may have. Thank you ahead of time!!
  10. djwhy60

OK Which one of you Chicago People

Hit the Megamillions?? If I hear of some prime audio being bought up I will know it was you!!:rflmao::rflmao::rflmao::rflmao:
  11. djwhy60

Realistic TM-175B Help Please

I have always like the look of these tuners. Have a pretty clean one I picked up a few years ago. It isn't working at all. Knew that going in. Seems the transformer is the fuse for these. Trying to find a replacement one is near impossible for a novice like me. I would like a "plug and play"...
  12. djwhy60

Great Deal from jeff spicoli!!

Posted some great vinyl for crazy prices....jumped on them fast! Good communication and fast shipping. Thank you Sir!!
  13. djwhy60

Shop Goodwill Down??

Tried to get to the site.....says unavailable. Anyone else having issues?
  14. djwhy60

Great Buy from Karmices

Purchased an album from Karmices.....and even though it got stuck in USPS hell....it made it safe and sound. Was a great deal!
  15. djwhy60

Daughters First Book Published!

My oldest daughter has had her first children's book published! I am very proud of her and the numerous accomplishments in her life. The book is aimed at 5 through 10 year olds....but others may enjoy the read. Pretty sure posting a link may be frowned on here....but the title is available for...
  16. djwhy60

NASDISC.....A New Way to Buy and Sell Vinyl?

Saw this review of a new website for buying and selling vinyl. Since a lot of us do this thought it might be something of interest. Right now it is US only with an international expansion in the works. I do not endorse this site but will be checking it out to see how it goes. www.nasdisc.com
  17. djwhy60

Ionizing Bench Fan to Control Static??

I was wondering if anyone has tried one of these to control the static on vinyl?? Figured if you put it by the TT and let is blow over the album before playing? Maybe I am way off.
  18. djwhy60

Not Another Post About Losing A Pet!

Ironic that this will be my 10K post on AK. 4 (?) years ago I lost both of my pugs within 9 months. It was heart wrenching. They live longer than most pugs should and I guess it was just their time. I told the Mrs. I didn't even want a goldfish after that. A friend of the family had a Shiz Tzu...
  19. djwhy60

Indy 500

I don't watch much racing...except for the 500. Been there once...couple of racers from my hometown area. Generates interest for me. Who is your pick or favorite to watch???
  20. djwhy60

Why Are Tube Layouts....

I love the way tube gear work.....the thought process of the functions amazes me. But why do the undersides of an amp look like some 4 yr old dumped their spaghetti in the case? Wires running every which way, caps just connected everywhere. I don't mean to insult the people who do these layout...
  21. djwhy60

Optonica SM-4305 Volume Question

Picked this up for a decent price. Broke her down for a quick clean up and Deoxit. Everything works good, all functions are as advertised. I noticed that when I turn the volume down, the left side goes quiet before the right. Ever heard of this before?? Not in a hurry for a fix, but I was...
  22. djwhy60

NCAA Wresting

I grew up in a place where wrestling was the king of sports...love this time of year!!
  23. djwhy60

And the Shopgoodwill SX-1250 is relisted

Was there any doubt!!
  24. djwhy60

SX-1250 on Shopgoodwill!

I have seen some "big named" gear before....but this is a first for me.:eek2: https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/112084286
  25. djwhy60

Help/Assistance With TM-175

Thank you ahead of time. I have a Realistic TM-175 tuner that needs help. I am a Rat Shack freak and I can find/know where info is on a lot of gear. On this NOTHING. I am looking for the Service Manual and or schematic for it. I will pay for it if need be. I have somewhat figured out that the...
Back
Top Bottom