Search results

1. Old-School

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Guns N Roses Use your illusion II remastered on 180.
  2. Old-School

Brand new just released Big Scenic Nowhere, The Way Down. Ultra limited 1 of 100!
  3. Old-School

4. Old-School

5. Old-School

BIC 960 or AudioTechnica AT-LP120-USB

My vote is for the BIC. Yea its an older table. But, It has quality where it counts. Its a nice sounding unit. Dont look bad either! If yours is working fine then you are way ahead of the game. Most dont. They suffer from stuck platters, bad capacitors on the motor, slipping pulley, screwed up...
  6. Old-School

Bargain budget cartridge.

I tried the LP Gear CF 3600LE myself after someone here recommended it to me. It is indeed the best bang for the buck, and a great sounding cart.
  7. Old-School

Worst Stereo You've Ever Owned?

OK here we go.. worst stereo I've owned. Probably the Realistic SA-102 amplifier that I bought brand new for $100 of hard earned money. At the time I didnt have my license or a car yet and so I relied on other people to give me a ride to get things I needed.. like a new amplifier! I had found...
  8. Old-School

Help Needed! Finding Rack Mount Adapters And Handles

The original rack mount handles or adapters for any vintage audio are very rare and expensive. They didnt make many of them and lots of them got thrown away. There are universal rack mount adapters available, but nothing will match the looks of the originals. If your only goal is to rack mount...
  9. Old-School

10. Old-School

11. Old-School

Testing out a repair for a friend.. Technics SL-B200, with a Technics P-28 cart, playing BOC : Fire of unknown origin
  12. Old-School

Rise Above records, 2018, 180 gram metallic black vinyl
  13. Old-School

Madfish 2012 pressing
  14. Old-School

Audio Research DAC-1 pops and cuts out

I will echo what gvl said.. I had that exact DAC at one time and it never seemed to be happy with the optical output from anything I had at the time. Even a ARC transport. Test the coax input and again you will have the answer..
  15. Old-School

16. Old-School

17. Old-School

18. Old-School

Has Anyone Reassembled a Stereo From His/Her Youth?

Yes! A couple different ones! You can see one of them here... It actually sounded as good as I remembered.. its not bad. https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/old-schools-80s-system.838111/ My one before that was also recreated.. A XAM mark2 integrated amp, a BIC 960 turntable and 2...
  19. Old-School

Newbie in Newport, NC

There's a good write up here.. It shows you a list of materials. As far as a procedure, just replace one at a time and dont get in a hurry. Trace down the wires and see where they go and just get familiar with the layout first. Its also a good time to upgrade internal wiring if you want. Also I...
  20. Old-School

Any cool audio related Christmas gifts?

My son gave me 3 albums of Big Scenic Nowhere!
  21. Old-School

Newbie in Newport, NC

Welcome! I'm also in NC. Those are some nice speakers, I have the big brothers, the AR9LS with the LSi mods.. The "mod" is really only adding 2 resistors and removing a capacitor. Capacitors likely need to be replaced anyway.. It does make them smoother and easier to listen to. PM me if you...
  22. Old-School

RCA Audio Cable Recommendations

DH Labs white lightning. I use em myself, very nice cables. You can find them on the bay. or here... not affiliated https://silversonic.com/products/interconnects/white-lightning/
  23. Old-School

24. Old-School

25. Old-School

Back
Top Bottom