Search results

1. Response34

Not new, just back after long hiatus

It's been some time since I have visited the AK forums so I wanted to say hello again to all the members here. Old and new.
  2. Response34

New to forum. Big score today.

First I will also like to say welcome aboard Bauhausler. I have been away for a spell with other business and personal things going on and seem to have missed quite a bit. Looks like we both have some browsing to do to get caught up. Anyway, I won't bother you for any of your newly aquired...
  3. Response34

Has anyone heard the Jolida tube amps?

Diddo on the Jolida 102B or 202A. For your speakers, either one of these pieces will do them justice. Another consideration is having the 102B converted to triode. IMHO, the triode 102B actually sounds better even when running more difficult speakers. I have a modified 102B also running triode...
  4. Response34

Solen Caps/Eloctrolytics

I agree with Thatch. Any decent cap will be a better choice of the NP caps found in some older designs (and some newer). If you really like your speakers and plan on keeping them around a while, yuo might even want to look into some higher quality pieces such as the AuriCaps or similar. These...
  5. Response34

USHER 7388 Speakers - BENEFIT AUCTION

Below is the link to a brand new pair of Usher Audio 7388 loudspeakers that are being auctioned with 100% of the proceeds going directly into the benefit fund for this very sick young child. Shipping is even paid. Check it out. Here is you chance to get an exceptional pair of speakers at a...
  6. Response34

Benefit for a very sick child

Response audio would like to ask for your help in the care of a very sick young boy. Anthony Ciavarella Benefit Anthony is a 5 year old boy living in Polland Ohio that was recently diagnosed with "T-Cell Leukemia". This child is very dear to our heart as he is a family member. To...
  7. Response34

I'm new here..wanted to say hi.

LAW?!?! Nobody said anything about the Law when I signed up! Ohm? Is he the Sherriff? Actually, I do know the formulas but like everybody else here, always looking at why things work the way they do. It still amazes me how some things that should work like a charm just will not come...
  8. My Office System

My Office System

This is my office system. It consist of the following: High modified Jolida 102B also wired for triode operation, Usher X-719 speakers, Response Audio RAM tube CDP, MH MAverick SACD player, Audio Note CD 2.1X tube player, Usher CD100 CD player, Marantz CDR631 CD recorder. All cables are Clarity...
  9. Response34

Share your amp and speaker building projects with us!

Hi Rob, Actually, there is more space between the power tubes and PC board than may appear from the photo plus I have custom heat shields that will be placed between the tubes and board. I did consider this when putting it together. I will obviously keep an eye on things. What kind of heat...
  10. Response34

Funny you mention the flames, I was thinking the same thing also in regard to being a bad Omen but still considering it. Kinda like my own Hotrod version. I was thinking of doing the graphics in Green Candy Metalic (anybody follow Jessie James - Mortorcycle Mania) with another top coat of the...
  11. Response34

Hey Haoleb I see you are quite the Roger Waters fan. Just a note: I picked up Rogers Waters - In The Flesh on SACD recently. Great album! I have not heard the redbook version but the SACD is amazingly clean for a live album. The next best live album I have heard is Eagles - Hell Freezes Over...
  12. Response34

Here is another one in the works. This may end up in my personal system as I am looking to add some airbrushing to it also. Being an automotive painter for so many years, I have to do at least one tricked out paint job on an amplifier chassis. The base coat you see here is Candy Apple Red Metal...
  13. Response34

Spare Parts - What do we do with them Well, with so much time spent with the Jolida gear, I seem to have a good number of spare parts lying around. Below is a picture of what was originally a gutted Jolida 302A from 1996. Started out as a bored rainy Sunday project when the family was out...
  14. Response34

WOW! Great reception! Thanks to everybody for the warm welcome. To all you solid state people out there...... I forgive you (for now). HaHa, No really, I realize we all have our personal taste and preferences and hold nothing against another's opinion or preference. Eventually, you will see...
  15. Response34

mcintosh: cosmetic restoration tips wanted?

HI Don, I agree 100% in supporting a local shop/dealer. I just wanted to throw another option out there as they are the largest Mac dealer in the world and may be able to pull through on some of the hard to find stuff.
  16. Response34

Well Rob, Jolida is obviously not made in Spain but the "Holida" is what I hear on a daily basis. It is actually "Joe-Lee-Da. Thanks for the welcome. I look forward to helping and learning here. As far as my shop goes, I also have to stop and clean once in a while to find the benches...
  17. Response34

Hello Haoleb, Well, at least there is one familiar name. How have you been? Nice to see you here also. Yes, I think this will be a fun place to be.
  18. Response34

I have been been a member here for less than 12 hours and spent most of last night browsing the forums to get an idea of what goes on here. Looks like a place I could spend some time. I think most my time will be spent in the DIY and Tube forums as this is my forte but found MANY other...
  19. Response34

Tube amp faceplate restoration question.....

Greetings, I would go for the car wax. I have brought back many chassis and face plates with simple Turtle wax. There is also a special polishing compound made for plastic model builders, I do not recall the name, that works great for fine work and may be your best bet for the lettering on...
  20. Response34

mcintosh: cosmetic restoration tips wanted?

My recommendation on restoring McIntosh gear would be to contact Audio Classics of Vestal NY. They are the top service facility for new and old Mac and carry a lot of original Mac parts. They usually have face plates and other hard to come by parts in stock. I live only a few miles down the road...
  21. Response34

Show us your workshop

This is my first post to AudioKarma and not sure I will get the picture thing right the first time but anyway..... I don't have a full picture of my shop but here is a batch of my last patients on one of the "waiting to be finsihed" benches, basically the "waiting room". These are few...
Back
Top Bottom