Search results

1. J

Pioneer PL-5 counterweight

Hi all, I have repaired this unit and got it running with the help of the members here. Auto return works, speed is steady but I’m having an issue of the counterweight having to be all the way up or else the arm slides off. I’ve played with VTF but it only works this way. I was thinking the...
  2. J

Grado P-mount cartridge id needed?

Hello all, I need help identifying this p-mount cartridge that came with a Technics SL5 linear turntable so I can get a replacement stylus. It also says L83 over by the pins. The Googles did not provide any info. Thanks all for your help.
  3. J

Dual 1219 repair advice

Hello all, I’m possibly interested in a 1219 that needs some fixing to get it running. I’ve read that this model is a pretty decent idler wheel Dual. I already have a 601 belt model that I fixed (speed issues with motor) and a 1229 that I partially repaired (old dried up grease) and sold...
  4. J

T4P cartridge advice requested

Hi all, After playing around with a few linear turntables I have gathered a few T4P cartridges but not sure which ones I should keep based on value/performance. If anyone can review and rank them that would help me decide, thank you. AT TR451U AT 3482P AT92E Ortofon TM-14
  5. J

Elac 760 not powering on

Hi all, I am trying to do some research on buying an Elac Miracord 760 model that looks to be in good condition w the dust over. The seller told me the unit doesn’t power on when the power button is pushed. Does the platter only spin if activated by the tonearm? Should I skip on it (asking...
  6. J

Sony PS-333 speed issue

Hi, I was able to get this Sony DD unit because I thought I could fix the fast speed issue by spraying and cleaning the speed/pitch pot but that didn’t work. It’s in great condition so I just wanted to ask if there is anything else I can try? It would be a shame to put it on sale for just...
  7. J

Sansui 5000a vs AU-717

Hello all, I recently was able to aquire a Sansui AU-717 and matching tuner setup. A quick listening test of the amp resulted in no sound from the right channel. I opened it up and the glue issue didn't look too bad but I would like to take the boards out and do a thorough inspection and...
  8. J

Pioneer BOFU foam replacement?

Hi, I have a pair of Pioneer BOFU speakers (B20FU20-51FW) that need to be re-foamed. Is there any specific kits I should get or will any of the ones made for 8" speakers work? I believe I have to take of the speaker caps to get this re-foam job done as well? Thanks.
  9. J

MCS 6602 strobe light is out

Hi, this has been posted before but that post didn't have specifics that I was looking for. I would like to replace both the bulb and resistor (?) to get this turntable repaired. Can anyone tell me what specific part #'s I need to order? The service manual for the Technics SL-1900 is hard to...
  10. J

Audio-Technica AT90 replacement stylus?

Hi all, I have a Technics SL-5 linear drive with an AT90 cartridge. I'm ready to upgrade the cartridge/stylus and wanted to know if there is a stylus that I can upgrade to or should I just purchase the AT92e cartridge since that one has favorable reviews for it's price? Thank you.
  11. J

Technics SL-5 tonearm issue

Hi, I was in the process of basic maintenance of the sl-5 linear TT. I degreased and lubed the tonearm rod, replaced the tonearm belt and adjusted the tonearm angle of the arm to match with the sensor light. A major problem happened right after, the tonearm motor does not spin at all. I...
  12. J

Which stereo receiver to keep?

Hi all, I have a choice of keeping just 1 of these units. All are in good working condition. This unit would primarily be used for listening to records in a small/medium type room with bookshelf speakers. Let me know what you think, thanks. NAD 7220PE NAD 7140 Sansui 800 Harman Kardon 330b
  13. J

JVC L-E22 linear turntable

Hi, I purchased this model and would like to get it fixed so someone else can enjoy some records. The tonearm hangs really loose with the p-mount cartridge so I am trying to sort that part out. I can't locate a service manual anywhere (that's free). I have already cleaned out the old grease...
  14. J

NAD 7140 volume/balance issue

Hi all, just bought one of these and it has the common issue of the volume/balance knob being scratchy and inconsistent volume levels. It also goes past the clicking point at the lowest level so you can max out the volume rather easily. When I turn the balance inner ring all the way to the...
  15. J

Sansui 5000a advice, sell or repair?

Hi, I have a working 5000a with the 1040 boards unmodded. I wanted to know if there are any fixes still available for this issue since the F-6013 boards are rare to come by? How much would it cost roughly for this? Should I just sell this model and use those funds to get a H/K 330 or...
  16. J

Garrard AT6 cartridge help?

Hi all, I bought a Garrard AT6 unit in decent condition. It was a console pull. The cartridge needs to be replaced and I couldn't find enough info on a budget replacement. It has the original headshell but need help on what would work as a replacement cartridge so I can test it out for...
  17. J

Onyko TX-810 help needed

Hi all, I have this basic stereo receiver which I was using for hooking up and testing some turntables I buy and restore. The right channel started going out and i kept thinking it was the turntables I was using so i decided to open it up and do some cleaning and noticed some fluid that leaked...
  18. J

Dual 1219

Hello all, just bought a nice condition 1219 but the platter doesn't spin when I put the switch over to On. I've quickly browsed this site for some info but since this is my first try and fixing an idler type TT just wanted to ask if there are some basics or instructions I can follow. The...
  19. J

Pioneer PL-5 turntable

Hello all, just got a PL 5 turntable and I have read about the speed issues with these things which will be taken care of later. When I first plugged it just turns on and off by itself. The start/stop button doesn't really do anything. Any ideas? Thanks, John
  20. J

The Fisher 401

The Fisher 401 repair help Hi, just bought a turntable The Fisher 401 for $20, hoping to restore it. I looked and it's a rebranded PE 2038. It's missing a cartridge and I need to figure out how to get power to it because it was pulled from a console system. If anyone knows how to fix these...
  21. J

Sansui DA-P55 Automatic Direct-Drive Turntable

Hi all, I have this turntable and I'm having a hard time finding out what type of power adapter is needed for it. This unit was supposed to plug into the back of a Sansui receiver which I don't have. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
  22. J

Which Sansui receiver 5000a or 3000?

Hey all, I was able to get 2 nice vintage Sansui receivers, one is a 5000a and the other a Model 3000. Did a quick test on both and the 5000a seems to working fine while the 3000 had no sound coming out of the right channel. After reading about having to upgrade the boards on both of these...
  23. J

Which vintage receiver?

Hi, I am undecided on which vintage receiver to keep for my lp listening sessions. 1. Yamaha CR-420 2. Quadraflex Reference r240 Both are in excellent condition but I can only keep one. Any ideas? Thanks for your help.
  24. J

Which one for 1st time full range diy build?

Hello, The GRS 8" full range (Bofu clone) is out of stock at PE right now. I was wondering if the Goldwood GW-8003 is a better candidate for 1st time diy speaker build. I want to keep it simple, cheap and fun for now. These speakers will be used in a bedroom stereo setup for vinyl so I...
Back
Top Bottom