Search results

1. birddog

An informal New England AK get together and vinyl orgy - Sunday May 15th

Crap.... That's my wedding anniversary. Somehow, I get the feeling the little woman would be miffed if I spent it with you guys, lol. Sadly, I am going to have to pass on this.
  2. birddog

New England AK Imbolc FrankFest February 12th in Clinton, MA

Thankfully that is over with! :banana:
  3. birddog

Wow, that sucks! My bro in NH is putting his place up this summer, to move closer to DC for work, hope he sells his quick. That must be quite the struggle, 2 mortgages...
  4. birddog

I'm still hanging in there, trying to stay healthy. How's things on your end?
  5. birddog

Well, I feel pretty stupid.... Was gonna load up the car this morning with schwag for the get together, which I swore was today, because that was what I had written down on the calender.... How friggin' stoopid was that? Guess I really need to be a little more diligent about checking out these...
  6. birddog

N. E. Spring Fest

Sorry I had to miss it, had things all lined up to attend, along with my pal 88Gibson, but other things ended up interfering with our plans. Not too sorry I missed the frozen snake... Python Popsicles are not on my list of favorite things! Glad to hear that every one had a good time!
  7. birddog

Welcome From Boston

Welcome, from slightly north of Boston!
  8. birddog

N.E. Winter Doldrums Fest

Sorry I could not attend the gathering, folks but I had some business to attend to. I missed out on a hell of a time, I'm sure, always a blast to hang out with you guys in person. Looking forward to immolating some consoles at Markus's pending 'Viking Funeral' and seeing you guys again! :D...
  9. birddog

is this white van?

Hey, at least she isn't using the usual speech about it costing $2,999, and asking $1,000 for it! Probably got suckered herself, and paid a couple hundred for it, and is clueless about the scam... Or she would be asking way more than $100 for it!
  10. birddog

Saab to be Killed?

Are they killing the entire Saab corp, or just the automotive division? Saab has a lot of fingers in a lot of pies, but I assumed that GM had only put it's greasy paws on the automotive division.
  11. birddog

How does Nick Cage get out of debt?

Yes, that was a subtle "Raising Arizona" joke! :D
  12. birddog

How does Nick Cage get out of debt?

I smell a Nicholas Cage Infomercial in the near future... Think it will be for Male enhancment products? That's my guess!
  13. birddog

Hello from the southcoast of Massachusetts.

Welcome Aboard from a fellow resident of Taxachusetts! :thmbsp:
  14. birddog

Four Years on AK...

As usual, another great post from a great AK'er! This place would not be the same without our Hong Kong connection! :thmbsp:
  15. birddog

Latest console find - Motorola 6BM8 amp!

Thank you, your highness! :D Just checked, FM stereo broadcasts began 6/1/61, right about the time this baby was born, that would explain the single RCA jack on the control panel. I guess the fun part will be trying to make this usable as a stereo amp/pre for more than just the phono...
  16. birddog

Which Do You Prefer, Black or Silver?

Arkay beat me to it, don't think it could be said any better than that! :thmbsp:
  17. birddog

Hmmm. I am going to guess that it is more than phono only. Even though this unit was sold as just a stereo changer, the control panel does have a radio/phono switch on it. I doubt Motorola made the pre phono only, since it just would not make much sense, cost and assembly wise. I would think...
  18. birddog

For a rare TT PL-1000's seem to be plentiful - My Restoration

My Pl-L1000 is still working like a champ! I got it from 88gibson, and he had already done the belt replacement, and the 'O-Ring' repair to the foot assembly's, and once you get it leveled out and adjusted it's a joy to use and listen to!
  19. birddog

Kind of a shame the cabinet is toast, but so many console were just considered trash by the next generation, and they didn't get taken care of. The parts will find new homes, helping out other consoles and projects! The owner said it worked, but I am always wary of that, his idea of working...
  20. birddog

I hope you are a patient man, because it is low on the list of important things to do, but I'll gladly let you know when I get to it! I'm sure if you started a thread on yours, you would get all the info you could want from someone who is familiar with this particular unit! I'm no tech, but...
  21. birddog

Suddenly..old console stereos are costing a LOT of money!!

Not that I have to explain myself nor answer to you, but the cabinet is toast, it came from a wet basement, and was sitting outside in the weather for the last month while the owner was looking for someone to buy it. I have done my part to find good homes for consoles that were being tossed out...
  22. birddog

Yup, the woofer is a Jensen, #22038 P12R There is a long string of numbers and letters as well printed on the perimiter, which I did not bother writing down, since the other #'s ID'ed it. The smaller drivers only have 'Motorola" & 'Golden Voice' printed on the magnet, no numbers I could see...
  23. birddog

Never been a shortage of morons....
  24. birddog

Thanks Scuzzer! I'll grab the numbers off them next trip out to the van, where the console is residing temporarily, and see what I come up with!
Back
Top Bottom