Search results

1. H

Best Restoration Shop In Portland Area?

Dswankey, Thanks for the help with this. What a long strange trip it's been!!! Cheers, Paul
  2. H

Thanks for your good wishes. Will post photo's of amplifier when finished. It's Portland, Oregon And thanks Fla Charlie for the suggestion. :thumbsup:
  3. H

Greetings to everyone, It's been a long time since I posted a message. In 2016 I was diagnosed with stage Melanoma cancer. I have beat my battle with cancer and am now two years in remission. I was recently given a MADISON FIELDING SERIES 440 AM/FM integrated amplifier. The amplifier is very...
  4. H

HELP H.H. SCOTT LK60r

BRUNO, THANKS A TON FOR THIS. I HAD NO IDEA ABOUT THE OUTPUT OF THE LK60 AS WELL AS THE MANY FEATURES THAT WERE DESIGNED INTO THIS AMP. ITS GOING TO BE A SOLID FOUNDATION FOR MY BEGINNING VINYL.SINCE I POSTED I FOUND THE ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS AND UPDATES ON THE SCHEMATICS AS WELL AS AN OWNERS...
  5. H

HELP!! NEED INFO ON MY H.H.SCOTT LK60 AMPLIFIER

GREETINGS TO ALL, I BOUGHT A VERY NICE H. H. SCOTT LK60 A LONG TIME AGO, SO LONG I CANT REMEMBER. I BOUGHT FOR BRAND AND PRICE. I JUST NOW TOOK THE AMP INTO THE REPAIR SHOP. HE CHECKED CLEANED EVERYTHING. I BROUGHT HOME AND HOOKED AMP TO MY FISHER KS-1 SPEAKERS, AND TURNTABLE. I WAS TOTALLY...
  6. H

HELP H.H. SCOTT LK60r

Greetings to all, I picked up a SCOTT Model LK60r a long time ago which I have just now getting around to seeing what is what. This was a build at home solid state amp and first off have to tell that the builder did an absolute perfect job on the build. I took into my local audio shop who did a...
  7. H

Tube Candyland, and a new Madison Fielding 320

Greetings to all. I also bought this amp a few months back. I cleaned thouroughly. Caiged all controls, and replaced fixed capacitors. I re-tubed with tubes that tested super strong. But I havnt powered up due to lack of operations manual. Dave has been spectacular in sharing info but I'm still...
  8. H

HELP H.H. SCOTT MODEL LK60B

Greetings to all and happy NEW YEAR! I recently bought a very nice SCOTT MODEL LK 60B solid state amplifier. It's in great shape but needs some work. I have searched all the sources where I have always been able to find service manuals and schematics but have not been able to find any...
  9. H

Which capacitor replacement

Greetings to all and happy holidays, I am a baby NOVICE and am working on a new amplifier I just purchased. This is my question. What should I use to replace the existing capacitors in the amplifier. For example: what would be the best replacement for the wax coated capacitors. Thanks in...
  10. H

Mode control switch H.H. Scott 460a

Greeting to all, I hope everyone is looking forward to a great summer. I need some help with my SCOTT 460-A. The amplifier features a "MODE" control switch. The shaft for this control is broken off where the knob slides onto the shaft in front of the face plate. I have opened the amplifier to...
  11. H

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Best finds at thrift stores 1) 1961 Madisoin Fielding series 440, $10.00 2) One pair Shure SE 310 and one pair Shure SE 110 new in shipment box $5.00 for both. 3) Lowery tube organ with 8 sets RCA 12AX7A's and 4 pairs Westinghouse 7591's all tested EXCELLENT:thmbsp:. There's great stuff...
  12. H

Scott 340a Setup Questions

equalizer hook up Jeff, I have a 350R running through a equalizer. I think its mandatory to get solid sound with the speakers I can afford. The equalizer hook up is usually given on the equalizer rear panel. I then have to use tape Monitor switch to switch between amps outpuit and from...
  13. H

Painting a gold-face reciever? Madison-Fielding 440

status of Mad-Field 440 Radioboy, I am curios what your status is with your 440. Is it up and running? If so hows performance. Give a heads up. Thansks in advance, Paul in Portland,Ore
  14. H

speaker cabinet strengthening

Cabinet strength As a cabinet maker and builder of my own boxes it is important part of the construction but is also simple. Couple things to know. Good wood glue when applied correctly is stronger than the wood it is applied to. This means that should a joint separate the wood fibers will...
  15. H

Dave did my message about the Madison Fielding get to you? Paul in Portland

Dave did my message about the Madison Fielding get to you? Paul in Portland
  16. H

scott 350R reciever

drabina, I hope it is OK to send you na message regarding your thread concerning the Scott 350R. I was seeking info for the Scott 350r receiver and found your comment about a manual. Can you lead me to the place where i can get a manual,diagrams or schematics. I would be extremely grateful.Email...
  17. H

Tuner glass for Madison Fielding SERIES 440

My Apologies Urizen, please accept my apologies for the exchanges with other members in my attempt to seek a repair on my amp. It was my fault and as I thought about it the first posting that essentially was asking for others to offer or buy services. My true intention was to seek a...
  18. H

Voltron, thanks for your taking your time to offer assistance. Your thoughts are like mine. I was thinking about making a copy or scanning, then editing to correct colors/graphics. I know I can copy to acetate or what ever is available transparency for printer. I got a reply from a member about...
  19. H

I am in need of the tuner glass for my Madison Fielding series 440. Any assistance in finding the tuner glass for this old amp/tuner. . I have the original but is in three pieces. two large sections and a small piece with couple cracks but not chards. Any help would be gratefully appreciated...
  20. H

Need help to recreate tuner glass dial scale

Does anyone know or have a source that can provide instructions on how to replicate the glass tuner scale for my Marshall Fielding amp/tuner? It is in three pieces and i think I can somehow still screen print even if by making stencils. All replies gratefully appreciated. Thanks in advance...
Back
Top Bottom