Search results

1. Wildcat

The Vintage High End Separates Thread

Nice--thanks! I'll be interested to hear what needs to be addressed.
  2. Wildcat

The Vintage High End Separates Thread

DIY Audio is a great forum to get information on the PA-7. One of the moderators has it out for anyone who wants to modify the amps but beyond that, getting feedback from Nelson Pass himself, on a product he designed, is worth the aggravation. I've sometimes thought of getting the CA-7A...
  3. Wildcat

On Impulse I ordered a Boyuu Reisong A10 EL34, class A. Any experience? Add your opinion on it.

The sound is dulled and "stuffy", also grainy, not as smooth as the tube amp in my high-end system. If anything, it feels like someone overstuffed my ears with cottonballs, or tossed a canvas tarp over the speakers. It was also a very flat, two-dimensional presentation--I got none of the...
  4. Wildcat

On Impulse I ordered a Boyuu Reisong A10 EL34, class A. Any experience? Add your opinion on it.

After several months, I'm pretty much done with this amp myself. The only good thing I can say is that it's better than the awful TubeCube 7.
  5. Wildcat

Schumann generators - room conditioning

I know the feeling--I've often wasted $25 on a couple of CDs that I played once each and never liked. That same amount won't kill me to try one. Then again, I've read that they can help with sleeping--that's the last thing I need, as I tend to doze off already! :D
  6. Wildcat

Schumann generators - room conditioning

I'm still trying to figure out exactly how these resonators work. I guess it's based on EMI waves being projected into a room? These are all over the Internet, and construction seems similar--a 7.83Hz oscillator being "broadcast" via a coil printed on the circuit board--some are round...
  7. Wildcat

I warn people - constantly - but some folks do not listen...

Yes--they use specific fluids for ATF, power steering fluid, and blue engine coolant. (Not sure about brake fluid.) But I have to say that when I buy the fluids, I'll get them online in bulk and they cost about what the big name brands sell for in the auto parts chains, and I can even catch a...
  8. Wildcat

My car died

It's kind of sad that this body size was discontinued in the US--it's basically a Honda Legend (which is its name in Japan), and is still available over there. The RL was replaced by the RLX, as you probably know. Cool tech in those (especially the SH-AWD), but probably still a bit pricey. In...
  9. Wildcat

My car died

Yeah, I don't think it's damaged enough to be catastrophic, so hopefully it'll get another 100k or so miles of use once it's back up and running. And if it's in nice condition, that low mileage will be in your favor. That generation of the RL was one of the best looking models they had--I'd...
  10. Wildcat

I warn people - constantly - but some folks do not listen...

The only time I had a crappy oil change shop do the maintenance was when I drove a POS Chevy as a company car for several months. That way if that turd died from their blunders, it wasn't my fault. My dad used to go to those quick lube shops and had at least one of the power steering pumps...
  11. Wildcat

My car died

I'd have brought something like that back by flushing the coolant system and run new fluid through the transmission after fixing the leak. They should never be flushed (the remaining solvents in the flushing fluid are what destroys the transmission), but some have had luck disconnecting one of...
  12. Wildcat

Boat Restorations - Upgrades - Tips & Tricks Post Your Outings !!!

The lakes are one of the very few things I like about our area. (Well, aside from friends and family, of course.) I don't have a boat, but we live in a stretch of the Great Lake with highest density of registered boaters. It's no stretch to see everything from jet skis and jet boats trailered...
  13. Wildcat

Boat Restorations - Upgrades - Tips & Tricks Post Your Outings !!!

We did see a couple of small boats out this past weekend, but boats at the marinas need to be out of the water since the lake often freezes over in winter. Followed, of course, by the spring thaw, and a few dummies out on the ice in their shanties, floating their way across the lake despite...
  14. Wildcat

Good Flashlight?

I bought a flashlight with an ultraviolet mode. Gotta say it's been fun to wave around the house. :D
  15. Wildcat

Today's Brazilian music playlist

Forgot...I received this one back in November. This was Paul Winter before his Consort. There is some pretty good Brazilian music here, recorded in 1962 before Bossa Nova broke big here in the US. This was around the time that Winter's group went on a South American tour as part of President...
  16. Wildcat

Anyone Using Lightroom 6 in 2020 - Updates Available???

I'm a heavy Photoshop user and use it in my line of work, so I have the photography bundle with Photoshop, Lightroom, Lightroom Classic and a couple of other smaller things they include with it. $10/month, plus tax. I like having current versions available. I wish I had Premiere but for what...
  17. Wildcat

My New Swiss Army Knife

Interesting. I have an "automotive" themed Swiss Army Knife that my mother got for me decades ago and the scissors fell apart--the screw fell out and one half of it is buried somewhere in a box, sans screw. That and I usually misplace the toothpick and the tweezers, so those are always in flux...
  18. Wildcat

Went to the local weed shop & was blown away by the choices!

Even without closed borders, I've felt trapped also. I could easily travel, but...what do I do when I get there? What's open? Will I have a place to stay? Is there any place to eat aside from inside the car? Will I be able to buy gas along the way, or stop at a rest area? Fingers are...
  19. Wildcat

No one wants big speakers anymore

For me, "big" means bulky, not so much tall. Mine are 60 inches tall, but don't take up too much floor space and don't dominate the room. That they have solid response below 30Hz is all I need.
  20. Wildcat

Worth Fixing ?

It actually is normal. Anything more than 1 quart per 1,000 miles is considered excessive by many auto manufacturers. I don't care for that spec either but, it is what it is. Got three 2.4L K24 engines here. None burn that much oil. Mine never needs topping off between oil changes; the...
  21. Wildcat

Considering buying used OEM alloy wheels. Bad idea?

This is the issue with older wheels: We have that here as well, and I'm about to meet kiddo on Thursday at the local tire dealer to get all four looked at (I already had two cleaned up this past summer; one is now leaking again). I'm debating getting a newer set of OEM alloy wheels (from a...
  22. Wildcat

Cellphone photos. Caught anything interesting lately? Post em!

I haven't opened the DNG files in Photoshop yet to work on these, but doing a quick touchup in the phone after taking these gave me a decent result:
  23. Wildcat

What is your zoom design preference?

I like that lens! It would be on my short list if I ever moved to the A7 series. I'll live with my A77-II for now, though. ;)
  24. Wildcat

Official Kef LS50 owners thread

I need good monitors on my desk for audio and video editing, so the LS50 isn't overkill at all.
  25. Wildcat

Change Your Password NOW!!!

All I have to say is... /[^\x00-\xff\x{1f300}-\x{1f9ff}\x{2116}-\x{215e}\x{2600}-\x{27ff}]/u
Back
Top Bottom