Search results

1. cjpremierfour

Fosi Audio LC30 - Retro VU Meters + AB Switcher

I plan on getting the LC30 after my second Fosi ZA3 gets here. I wish they would have added two different color options with the other being a light blue.
  2. cjpremierfour

Speaker ID for something similar to mid 70's EPI

Sorry for the bad photos but I couldn't upload the files. They are similar to a EPI M202 or M250 but these look to have an open back midrange, a slot port, a breaker fuse and two volume pots. The grills are 3 sided like a old EPI design. Would anyone know what this is? This was a question...
  3. cjpremierfour

Time to go speaker shopping!

In a room that size and deep with a 3k budget, I would go "big electrostat" and look for a pair of Acoustat 2+2 and a good sub like the Velodyne ULD 15 or 18.
  4. cjpremierfour

Bottom-Feeder 'Phones - The Cheaphone Thread

I couldn't agree more! For the price, it's the best deal in audio.
  5. cjpremierfour

Old realistic headphones any good?

I've had a few vintage headphones from Radio Shack Nova series, Pioneer SE- 50 and a couple of Sennheiser HD 430 / 455. The Senn. were kind of good but wouldn't handle todays heavy low bass notes without distortion. After having these, a cheap pair of Superlux HD 668b,( under $40 ) would walk...
  6. cjpremierfour

Phase Linear III Andromeda Fan Page

I had a small chance of getting the Andromeda about 10 years ago. They were local on Eaby for about $700 and I skipped them as I already had a pair of Carver Amazings. Looking back, that was a big mistake! Nice looking system!
  7. cjpremierfour

1980s Linn LP12 vs EAT B Sharp vs Technics-SL1200

Many years ago I had the SL1210 mk. something. I never had any problems or anything but ended up selling it ( just wanted something different ) before the market became crazy high. Now that I'm back looking for a "hi end" type TT again, I ran across the B-Sharp a few weeks ago at an audio...
  8. cjpremierfour

Not vintage / EAT Turntables- any one own one?

Guys, thanks for your help as I knew this would be kind of a controversial subject. Many of us have been bitten by the cheap "intro / mid-fi " TT's including myself. A long time ago, I owned the Music Hall MMF 2.1 that came out of a Pro-Ject parts bin and was very disappointed. You guys all...
  9. cjpremierfour

My budget is around $1600! United States
  10. cjpremierfour

/// I had the Technics SL1210mk5 / AT 440ml cartridge about 15-20 years ago and kind of wanted a change. If I was to go vintage, like the higher end Yamaha / Kenwood or Pioneer PL-90 type decks, would this be an upgrade over the modern ( below $2k ) decks. Would the arms be OK compared to...
  11. cjpremierfour

Sorry it's not a vintage but I'm looking for my last turntable purchase as I have had more than a couple of entry levels for the past 20 years. I'm looking at the EAT ( European Audio Team) Prelude and the B-Sharp for a future purchase and can't find but a couple of reviews on each model. Does...
  12. cjpremierfour

Official AR Turntable Owners Thread

The XA's cover looks nice in that white / cream color... I was going with gloss black but I may change now. I also plan on adding a PatheWings cork mat just because it looks good. Thanks for your help.
  13. cjpremierfour

Thanks guys! That was really quick. I will hit the hardware store and make a plinth for it.
  14. cjpremierfour

After reading this thread, I purchased a AR XB turntable. I'm currently working on the XB and would like a real wood plinth like the XA model. Would anyone know if the XB top plate is a direct swap to a XA plinth without any problems?
  15. cjpremierfour

Wilson Audio WAP 5 refoam?

I remember hearing the Wilson Watt Puppies,(not sure what series), at a Stereophile, N.Y. audio show a long time ago. They were playing something with low bass at such a high level the woofers were going into over excursion mode. The actually throw (x-max) of the woofers had to be near 1.5" ...
  16. cjpremierfour

That turned out really good!
  17. cjpremierfour

KLH Model Twelve, Five Pounds of Capacitors into a Four Pound box.

I found a pair of KLH 12 in a Goodwill bin about 3 years ago. No one wanted to carry the things out I guess as they were super heavy. I was able to track down a pair of crossovers at Audio Classics in NY about 6 months later. After a recap and 1 replacement woofer, had them up and running...
  18. cjpremierfour

Rate YOUR Speakers You Own Right NOW.

I have some newer speakers but I just like these alot! Acoustat 2+2
  19. cjpremierfour

Looking for Headphone recommendation under $1000

I have never heard the Senn HD 650 but I do own the HD 600's. I have heard quite a few $1000 plus headphones and taking out the Pioneer SE Master1 Air out of the group, I can't say that any of them is worth the more than double extra cost. There is a new version of the 600/650 out called the...
  20. cjpremierfour

Acoustat Model 2 Full Restoration Thread!

Cool looking project!
  21. cjpremierfour

Which speakers are these?

Those are the Realistic / Optimus X-200! Never seen a pair in the US......
  22. cjpremierfour

Speaker ID please...

Looks like an Optimus 9
  23. cjpremierfour

Dayton audio speakers

If your looking at the Dayton B652, I would skip them and add $50 to get a Partsexpress kit called the C-Note. It's a pair of kit speakers that uses Dayton Audio 's 5" aluminum woofers and Dayton Audio's soft dome tweeters. Google this kit and do some research.
  24. cjpremierfour

Favorite STAR TREK Character(s) and Who Should Be Airlocked?

No show in history had a worse, "Theme Song" than ST E. I actually like the show until the last episode.... The Next Generation ST ruins everything!
Back
Top Bottom