Search results

1. Vintoneer

General Info on TEAC X-1000R RTR

You bet! I should have checked record mode before putting it back together. Shoot, monitors but doesnt record or erase either direction. Looks like other posts indicate bias oscillator. Crap. Well...it plays great! :)
  2. Vintoneer

General Info on TEAC X-1000R RTR

I recently bought an x1000r in "perfect" working condition. Whatever. Searched my symptoms and found this wonderful step by step. I followed it carefully. It worked. Indeed I spent 15 min working the pinch roller arms until they worked freely. Im a novice and its so carefully explained I...
  3. Vintoneer

ADS-910's

I've had the 910s for a couple weeks and love, love them...very much! I've read about the dropping out problem. I have experienced that. However, so far, only when they are played with other speakers. Amp is Yamaha CR-1020, New large Advents are speakers A, 910s are speaker B. Select A+B...
  4. Vintoneer

ADS-910's

Oh yeah - cAnadian. Yeah. ;)
  5. Vintoneer

ADS-910's

I haven't seen any other SN with the 'A'. Could be A = left over parts and scraps to finish out these cabs left in stock. That would be OK too. I noticed the xover decal states 'L910' which I thought was interesting since the decal with the SN does not include the 'L'. Any thoughts on that?
  6. Vintoneer

ADS-910's

Recently on this thread I think there were posts regarding badging and SN. Mine are much later and have the ADS (no 910) badge, serial 6940A and 6941A. What does the 'A' signify?
  7. Vintoneer

ADS-910's

I got the little dollies and put the 910s on them. Ugly as hell and only raised about 4.5" off of the floor but wow, there is a very noticeable difference in the sound - bass especially. I see why the stands were "strongly recommended". If I didn't know better and couldn't see the speakers I...
  8. Vintoneer

My dogs apparently don't care for a dang thing I play!

My dogs apparently don't care for a dang thing I play!
  9. Vintoneer

ADS-910's

10. Vintoneer

ADS-910's

I don't have the stands. I have a couple Harbor Freight little carts on the way to set them on - also from reading this thread. 6" I believe the comments said. Anxious to see the difference in the bass. I work at a manufacturing facility so believe me I'm thinking of options. Still need to...
  11. Vintoneer

Post a Picture of your Tape Deck - Decks

The Crown SX724. I don't think I have seen any pics of the 700 Series with a counter but have seen many 800 Series with them. Not sure it belongs but glad its there. Man, I sure like it. It really looks smart in the rack I think. I've just had it a couple months so its new to me. Blue says...
  12. Vintoneer

ADS-910's

This thread is great and Ive been enjoying it and learning a lot. Thanks to many on a fb group, I became convinced ADS is what I wanted to add to the main system. Some of you may have participated in the recommendations. The result is that I am now a proud 910 owner. A nice nice surprise was...
  13. Vintoneer

I got a Crown! Never thought I would. What a lovely beast. SX724. Id like to know the...

I got a Crown! Never thought I would. What a lovely beast. SX724. Id like to know the production time frame. SN: V10449
  14. Vintoneer

Heresy HIP with EQ system....

What a beautiful set up you have. I just got these HIPs in Dec and love them! Mixed with my old (New) Advents adds the bass they lack and their crispness add what the Advents lack. Getting them 'dialed in' is what sold me. One of the best purchases I've made.
  15. Vintoneer

Infinity Qa or New Large Advent Loudspeakers?

The Advents are inded 8 ohm
  16. Vintoneer

Infinity Qa or New Large Advent Loudspeakers?

Hey ArchieType - I'm brand new here as well. I just had to jump in and vote for the Advents as I have a pair of them. Just got them back last week from getting re-foamed and I had forgotten how much I love them. They handle bass well with good body and handle higher ranges very decently. I...
Back
Top Bottom