Search results

1. J

Shure M91ED vs M7-N21D

Thanks for the info, will save the cart for another setup someday... :)
  2. J

Shure M91ED vs M7-N21D

I've got an Acoustic Research AR-XB that has a Shure M91ED with JICO SAS stylus on it. I have absolutely no complaints with this setup. However, I recently acquired a M7-N21D for free that is in need of a stylus. Curious if this M7 is much of an upgrade or downgrade from the M91. I know...
  3. J

Realistic Minimus 7 Tweeter repair

Well, after messing around with the magnet some more, I was able to get the tweeter to function. It definitely seems a little tame compared to the other speaker though. I would guess that the coil got damaged when the magnet came off... I will probably still need to replace it at some point
  4. J

It is an SD-13 http://imgur.com/YH9gjZh
  5. J

Recently found a pair of original Minimus 7s (with screw terminals on the back). Hooked them up and noticed one of the tweeters wasn't working. Took it apart and found that the magnet has separated... is there any way to repair this? I tried just sticking the magnet back on, no luck...
  6. J

Realistic "Compact Extension Speaker" 40-1247

Yeah I figured as much, still looks kinda cool though...
  7. J

Realistic "Compact Extension Speaker" 40-1247

Saw a pair of these somewhere on the internet... never heard of them before and can't find any info about them. Anyone familiar with these? They look kind of neat. Wondering if they have anything in common with the Minimus 7. Could be useful as rear surrounds in a home theater setup. Cat...
  8. J

any photos of speakers NOT woodgrain or black?

Another variation on the Minimus 7... http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showpost.php?p=3757672&postcount=13
  9. J

The _____album: A Big Disappointment

I will second that one. Some others I have... The Portuguese pressing of Talking Heads - Remain In Light I have sounds awful, like someone wrapped my speakers in towels. Tears For Fears - Songs From The Big Chair. Not terrible, but no comparison to the CD release.
  10. J

Technics SL-D1 upgrade question.

The AT440mla is great, but another one to go for is the AT120e. Sounds every bit as good as the 440 imo and costs less. Perhaps a tad less 'bright' and I think that's why I like it. I have had one on my D1 for about a year now and love it.
  11. J

Sansui 771 troubles

I probably will end up having to at some point. I was just hoping there was something to do by myself. The 771 is my "backup" receiver, my main is a Realistic STA-2300, a tad more powerful. I just would like to play around with the 771 more.
  12. J

Sansui 771 troubles

Nope
  13. J

Sansui 771 troubles

Well, after sitting on this broken receiver for almost a year, I decided to mess with it again today. Now it seems that both channels are very quiet. With headphones on, I can turn the volume up to 10 and barely hear sound. The left channel is slightly louder than the right. It almost sounds...
  14. J

Show us your Realistic (Radio Shack) stuff

Here's my STA-2300 monster.
  15. J

Need a sub-$100 Cartridge

Audio Technica AT120E/T $69.99 on amazon through J&R http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-AT120E-Standard-Cartridge/dp/B001255YL2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=musical-instruments&qid=1301599908&sr=8-2 I personally think it sounds better than the 440mla. Its a little more balanced/less harsh on the...
  16. J

Realistic STA-2300 and AR-4X

I have an opportunity to pick up a Realistic STA-2300 for a decent price. The only speakers I have are Acoustic Research AR-4X's, will the 2300 be too powerful for them at 120wpc? I've always heard the AR speakers are power hungry, but I've never drove them with that much power.
  17. J

Sansui 771 troubles

Sansui 771 blown amp? troubles Hi all, I got my "new" Sansui 771 the other day. In pretty good shape other than some dust and one of the lights being out. I plugged it into some crappy speakers just to test it, everything sounded good. There was some hiss coming from the speakers...
  18. J

Nikko STA 301 Help

I am getting between 50 and 70mV out of the left channel, and around 160mV out of the right. The left jumps around a lot more than the right. This is with the volume right about about 50% and the balance control right in the middle.
  19. J

Nikko STA 301 Help

Hello all, I'm relatively new to vintage audio equipment. I recently caught "the bug" and now feel the need to start a large collection. I picked up an old Nikko STA 301 for cheap recently. Its just a baby receiver at 12 wpc, but I really like the way it looks and would love to get it going...
Back
Top Bottom