Search results

1. slim60

I am so old I remember........

Pasting trading stamps into a little book after a shopping trip. Phone numbers started with words: LOGAN 5233
  2. slim60

Are these Dynaco A-25's?

My A-25s are hooked up to my Pioneer SX-1000TW. Really appreciate them!
  3. slim60

Who likes typewriters?

Used the Royal 440 for a lot of writing during high school. Very nice machine!
  4. slim60

You Get The Last Word!

... baboon in me . . . clambering-clawed . . . dog-faced . . . yawping a galoot’s hunger . . .
  5. slim60

You Get The Last Word!

It is the jigsaw. it is purple haze. It never stays in one place, but it's not a passing phase It is in the singles bar, in the distance of the face It is in between the cages, it is always in a space It is here. it is now.
  6. slim60

Akai terecorder halfside

If there's somebody in Ebay-land wanting this I'd be happy for them to have it to use as intended. Pots are a little scratchy is all I can find wrong with it. I suspect the estate sale let the bit with the reel-to-reel go and the buyer didn't know this was meant to go with it! Maybe...
  7. slim60

Akai terecorder halfside

I suppose I'll have to check out some links about repurposing this kind of thing for making music. I imagine it's going to be a bit more involved than just attaching a different input and speaker...
  8. slim60

Akai terecorder halfside

Here's the way it looks to me - the tubes from left to right - the leftmost being closest to the meter on the front of the unit and the right being closest to the line and microphone inputs: 6AR5 6BQ5 6X4 6AU6(T) 6AU6WA I'm *pretty* sure I didn't mix them up as I pulled them...
  9. slim60

Akai terecorder halfside

I guess I'm willing to be adventurous, but haven't got much of of a knowledge base. I suppose a guitar amp would be most useful to me if I can manage it without too much danger...
  10. slim60

Akai terecorder halfside

more pics Decided to take a look inside to see what's what: So far, so good. (sorry for quality of photos - seems like autofocus has gone crazy)
  11. slim60

Akai terecorder halfside

Sounds like a plan - unless someone wants or needs this as it is. Might be fun to have a tube amp for making music. I used to avoid tube amps because I remember what a hassle it was when our keyboard player's equipment needed new tubes for gigs...
  12. slim60

Akai terecorder halfside

Picked up this AKAISTEREO unit at an estate sale where it was ignored and probably destined for the land fill. Since I don't have the other half of this unit, the only value to me would be as an amplifier. Could this (or should this) be used as a guitar or microphone amp, or would that...
  13. slim60

2230 power switch replacement

I'm also looking at an old Hitachi switch - the hole on that is a little smaller and maybe I could drill it out sufficient to work...
  14. slim60

That's exactly what I ended up doing on the advice of Oerets. It seems to work and today I'll be testing it if I can just remember where all those little bitty screws got to...
  15. slim60

Apparently I'm the first person to tamper with the power switch as all the blue gunk on the screws fastening the switch were still in place until now.
  16. slim60

That seems right - one of the two wires (orange) seems to go from 'front' pins to back panel, and yellow wire seems to go from 'rear' pins to power supply.
  17. slim60

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/598850_10151070576016314_641815699_n.jpg This should be old power switch as installed. 4 'pins' two in front jumpered together, two toward back jumpered together. Orange wire soldered to front pins, yellow wire soldered to rear pins. Blue 'outboard'...
  18. slim60

So not a capacitor but just the silver button that covered the blue shaft... I had hopes they'd be pretty much identical and I could simply re-solder everything the way it appeared on the original. Bad mistake! Trying to trace the wires... If I'm reading this correctly I would...
  19. slim60

Sadly, I'm completely nooby at this. So I don't even know enough to be able to answer the question. I'm embarrassed to say I don't even know how to use the meter to find the right pins... The cap being the little outboard blue thingy?
  20. slim60

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/598850_10151070576016314_641815699_n.jpg
  21. slim60

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/564880_10151070575771314_338077942_n.jpg
  22. slim60

This has maybe been asked and answered 100 times already, but I haven't had much luck finding answers explicit enough for me to understand... I have a Marantz 2230 where the power switch has gone bad (apparently it's not uncommon) - I can push it in but it won't stay in. Lube hasn't helped...
  23. slim60

JVC KD-A5 sticky door

If that's the case I'll stop worrying about that, and worry I splooshed too much oil around inside!
  24. slim60

JVC KD-A5 sticky door

Purchased this unit second-hand (at least) from GW, and so far everything seems fine except one sticky point: the cassette door seems sluggish when I push the button to open it up to insert or remove the cassette. Opened it up and looking around inside as best I can (really crowded in...
  25. slim60

Mini-tutorial: How to disassemble Marantz pushswitches for better cleaning/de-Oxiting

Just started experiencing a problem with the power switch on my Marantz 2230 - it won'y stay in the 'on' position. I depress the button, the lights come on and everything, but it doesn't seem to 'catch' and stay on when I release the button. I'm wondering whether this is a symptom of something...
Back
Top Bottom