Search results

1. T

Technics SA-5760 Capacitor help

Thanks for the replies and the welcome, although I've been here for years, just don't post much. I've looked over the manual, I may buy one as the one here has a bunch of blacked out areas. I'm still in the process of cleaning and inspecting it (it is quite dusty and dirty) but so far no other...
  2. T

Technics SA-5760 Capacitor help

The1thinker, I was wondering if you ever replaced the caps? If so what route did you go? I just acquired one and one of the main caps has a pin hole in the bottom of it that has spewed out black goo everywhere. I'm surprised that it still makes music. deltalight, was it a challenge to change it...
  3. T

Kenwood Eleven III one chanel cutting out

Welcome to AK. Most likely dirty pots, switches and push switches. My KR-10000 III (euro model of eleven III) did this till I took the deoxit to it. Turned out I had to do the loudness button twice to cure it. Personally I would (with the unit off) cycle the loudness, mono, Dolby fm and speaker...
  4. T

Kenwood Kr 11000 gx

Are they not drop dead gorgeous?? I have a Eleven G, a KR-11000 G, Super Eleven, 3 Nine G's, 2 KR-9000 G's and a Nine GX. I love em. I have a couple other Kenny's too. Why did she need to be serviced and what was serviced??
  5. T

Eleven GX

What was the verdict on the bias pots?? I have several of the G and one GX series units and would like to switch some out. I'm not a fan of the built in EQ's either. I use the smaller G units with seperate bass, mid and treble controls to control my 3 with the EQ. I do use yamaha eq 70's though...
  6. T

Why Kenwood?

Why not Kenwood. Awsome tuners, I pull in station from over 100 miles away, and on a good day/night and some rotating of the attena on the roof much father is within reach. Phono stages are very good. Build quality is good on most but all brands have their flaws. Prices are low compared to...
  7. T

Kenwood Super Eleven serious distortion issues

Wondering if you came up with a fix? I wouldn't turn it on anymore until you find the cause. Because if it is why I think it is doing it damage can happen super dupper fast. Cylontymany has a VERY, VERY strong lead. These units along with Model Eleven G's and GX's and there euro vesion...
  8. T

Kenwood Eleven (II) WPC ???

The Model Eleven II and III are awsome units. Bet you love them don't you? Great tuners and phono sections. I also own a Eleven II and a KR-10000 III (euro version of the Eleven III, has gunmetal gray faceplate). Manuals say 80 wpc @ 8ohm minimum for the II and 120 wpc @ 8ohm minimum for the...
  9. T

Kenwood Eleven G and GX

ooops got part of my reply in the qoute, sorry.
  10. T

Kenwood Eleven G and GX

Heck yeah they are stunning all lit up!! And at a minimum of 120 wpc it is loud enough to get the cops called on a regular basis. It may look like a big empty box but I beat mine on a regular basis (into 4 ohm speakers too) and have never had a meltdown. If you want a more power full Kenwood...
  11. T

I like the factory looking ones. Maybe we both could get some and split shipping? This very...

I like the factory looking ones. Maybe we both could get some and split shipping? This very well may not fix your hum!! It could be coming from many, many other places. Is your TT grounded to your receiver?? This is usually the biggest reason for a hum. But not by far the only, other...
  12. T

OHHHHH…..a KR-11000G!!! SWEET, the black face euro version!! I got one myself and it looks so...

OHHHHH…..a KR-11000G!!! SWEET, the black face euro version!! I got one myself and it looks so much better than the silver face Eleven G. Sorry it took so long to contact you I never noticed I had a message. I do know a little about some Kenwood’s, like the G series and the other Model Eleven...
  13. T

Kenwood Eleven G and GX

Ohhh nooo……not the big empty box!! Lol!! That’s what some will say around here. Why….maybe because it does not have a huge toroidal power transformer?? Who knows for sure, but I know they sound dang good!! They are basically the same. The GX has a modified power amp circuit and different...
  14. T

Will a Nine GX Volume Pot Be Compatible In a KR-9000G ?

As far as I can tell from the service manual yes they are the same. The power amp section is the only thing different between the two. Both are very nice units but the KR-9000G and its black face is just stunning. I know I have 2 of them. And a Nine GX, Nine G, Eleven G to name a few. Out of...
  15. T

How many vintage receivers do you have?

Getting to be too many!! Kenwood Model Nine G Kenwood KR-9000 G Kenwood Model Eleven G Kenwood Model KR-10000III Latest addition Sansui 9090DB On the way Kenwood Model Eleven II I rotate these every few months with plans to someday piggyback them all together:thmbsp:. Also have a...
  16. T

Kenwood Model Nine G

My latest Model Eleven G has sliders (EQ. or as Kenny calls it M.A.T.). As for fixing the timer the KR-10000III I think I'm gonna do the brass tube thingy. I had already got inside and turnned the timer to the reset position. I just don't like the dial spinning around to the bass thumppin'. Have...
  17. T

Kenwood Model Nine G

You can't go wrong with any of these. I own several of these Kenny's. Model Nine G x2 Model Nine GX Model KR-9000 G x2 (one is a parts unit) Model KR-10000III And my latest addition thats in the mail a Model Eleven G I love these things (my family and neighbors hate 'em)!! Some have...
Back
Top Bottom