Search results

1. Taylor Player

New home office set-up

Experimenting a bit; brought the Aerial Acoustics into the home office and paired them up with some Channel Island D200 monoblocks. Still tinkering but it’s up and running.
  2. Taylor Player

Usher CP-8872s in the House...Bitten by the Big Speaker Bug [pics]

"What have I done?" That was my first thought after realizing I'd actually need two pickup trucks to retrieve the new-to-me Usher CP-8872 speakers Why? At nearly 5 feet tall, 3 feet deep and 200 pounds each, their tapered, sculpted design meant they needed to be transported on their sides, not...
  3. Taylor Player

My Big Fat Phono Pre

At 18x19 inches and a hefty 40 pounds, Musical Fidelity’s kW MC/MM phono pre could be mistaken for a power amp. It's a statement piece from Musical Fidelity's kW line up circa 2005. Nice feature set including RIAA and IEC equalization options. Moving from the built-in phono pre in my Musical...
  4. Taylor Player

Kohms Question

Sorry if this question is overly basic, but can someone explain the practical implications of matching a SS power amp with an input impedance of 47 kohms with a tube preamp with a 50 kohm minimum requirement? How does that difference manifest itself in the listening experience? Thanks in...
  5. Taylor Player

amb3cog is a great buyer

Just a quick thumbs up for our friend amb3cog who recently purchased several stacks of vinyl from me in BT. He's decisive, friendly and quick to settle up. In short: a credit to AK. -Daren
  6. Taylor Player

When Did Discogs Get More Expensive Than eBay?

Somehow, although I'm an active buyer on both, Discogs prices from US sellers seemed to have spiked and surpassed those of sellers on eBay when I wasn't looking. Sometimes the same seller even has an item on Discogs cross-posted on eBay with a substantially lower BIN on the 'bay than Discogs...
  7. Taylor Player

Security cameras for monitoring: Nest Outdoor or Arlo?

Never thought I'd need this advice, but the day we arrived for our vacation in the Dominican Republic, someone broke into our house. It's a long story, but the short of it is, there are mental health issues involved and this guy is convinced he lives in our home (he rearranged our furniture...
  8. Taylor Player

Audio Trivia Help Needed!

Can anyone ID the feature in this image that the trivia question is referencing?
  9. Taylor Player

RIP CARVIN

Too bad but perhaps a good time to pick up an amp you've had your eye on during their liquidation sale: http://www.guitarworld.com/gear-news-amplifiers/carvin-audio-closes-factory-will-liquidate-assets/31902
  10. Taylor Player

Highlights from Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance

Some highlights from this year's Amelia Island Concours d'Eegance Double take: Rolls Royce wagon 1938 Phantom Corsair: Right hand drive Ford GT 40 MK III 1953 Fiat Supersonic Jim Clark's 1966 Indy 500 Lotus Janis Joplin's 356 Double take II: Sunbeam...
  11. Taylor Player

Sony Spectrum Analyzer

I was struck by the appearance of this unit and tried to do some research on it but came up empty (maybe I missed something?).....is anyone familiar with it and have any details as to its availability/scarcity?
  12. Taylor Player

The RETURN of USA made Ovation guitars

Thought I'd share this good news to celebrate an achievement you rarely see in the musical industry today: the return of US based production of a musical instrument line once the factory has been shuttered. Let the celebration begin...
  13. Taylor Player

Car Carrier Recommendations?

I've gone out on a limb and put a deposit on used truck that is 800 miles away and now find myself in need of a trustworthy car carrier service to safely transport the truck from Wisconsin to Massachusetts. Does anyone have a carrier service they'd recommend? In addition, tips on what to look...
  14. Taylor Player

TalonAudio Firebird Speakers: Albany

No affiliation with these 700 pound beasts! http://albany.craigslist.org/ele/4944035691.html
  15. Taylor Player

Anyone own a Nissan 370Z?

Thinking about trading in my Acura TL for a '13 370Z with low miles. Never owned a Nissan and haven't spent a lot of time in the Z but am impressed with what I've seen so far. Any owners out there current or past? Any observations you can share?
  16. Taylor Player

Another Fuzzy Photo Turntable ID Help Request Thread

Soooooo......what's your best guess on this one?
  17. Taylor Player

What's Missing In My Blues Collection?

Sometimes you get so close to something you miss the obvious. With that in mind, I'm looking to round out my blues vinyl collection and would like to ask a favor of fellow blues fans: what "must-own"or "hidden gem" titles (or artists) are missing from my blues collection? Take a peek here...
  18. Taylor Player

Tommy Emmanuel Ted X Talk

Not only is he a monster guitar player, his take on the power of music (@15:55) is remarkable... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENJuNCkPfx0&feature=youtu.be
  19. Taylor Player

Love McQueen, Le Mans, Gulf Livery or Vintage Racing? Hide Your Wallets

Came across this site while searching for throwback racing gear and was absolutely blown away by their product lineup.....holy smokes! Anyone here ever buy anything from these guys? http://www.grandprix-dakotashop.com/en/
  20. Taylor Player

Can You ID This TT?

21. Taylor Player

Fall New England FrankenFest Foto Thread

Photos of the day's activities...
  22. Taylor Player

Seriously Cool ManCave Wall Art

Found these on Etsy and was blown away how cool they are: Tons more here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/PatentPrints No affiliation.
  23. Taylor Player

New England Summer Sweatfeast Photo Thread

Lots of good food, gear and conversation at the Summer Sweatfeast in Clinton; here's a glimpse at the day's activities...
  24. Taylor Player

2014 Greenwich Concours D'Elegance Photos

I made the trek to attend this show over the weekend and while it's much smaller than Amelia Island, the caliber of the vehicles on display was second to none including the 1975 Lamborghini Countach LP400 in the first photo that sold for $1.210 million about 15 minutes after I snapped this...
Back
Top Bottom