Search results

1. S

Shure M91ED or M95ED or Sure M75ED Type 2 Cartridge, Whats better?

I got my replacement N75ED2 from Thakker. No mention of JICO in their little description, just that it is made in Japan, but many posters on the web suggest their are JICO (not SAS.) It sounds sensational though in an original M75ED cartridge so I have no reason to doubt it is a JICO. It has...
  2. S

Trio Stereo receiver left channel problem.

Lol. Nope. I remember using a soldering iron either once or twice and a small circuit board marker and acid bath once but I am 43 and remember not a lot from my early school years. This would have been before I was 14 :) I've done lots of soldering since though but I am more a "copy someone...
  3. S

It's definitely not the speakers themselves as they work on my other amp and my modern AV. Yes, when I swapped the L and R wires around in the molex connector inside the distortion moved to the right speaker so it isn't the connectors on the back. The unit was working 2 weeks ago fine and...
  4. S

TBH I am now looking at buying the same amp and then selling this one on for someone else to play with. Reason being I have this in a nice macassar ebony box so I want to keep that and thus need the same amp to fit in the box. I have tried a fair few different things. Switching the L/R cables...
  5. S

I'll look for some resistors. Must be some scrap electronic item in this house. lol The distortion isn't a volume thing though. It is present at the lowest volume through the speakers and doesn't increase in the level of distortion. Same amount of distortion to music ratio no matter the volume.
  6. S

I think I am confusing things. I have 2 different sets of speaker so 4 speakers in all. They all work fine on the right channel connected as speakers A or B. They all give distortion on the left channel on A or B. So it doesn't matter whether I use the A or B terminals to connect speakers...
  7. S

Thanks for the quick reply :) I may have been a little confusing. The distortion is on whichever speaker terminal I connect the speakers to. So headphones are clear on A if the speakers are connected to B and vice versa. I have tried 2 different sets of speakers and multitudes of different...
  8. S

Hello. I have a Trio KR-3600 stereo receiver that I have had for while now. I haven't used it for a while but I tried using it yesterday and noticed that the left channel was really distorted and it takes much longer to "build" volume than the right side does. All the knobs and terminal...
  9. S

The Mordaunt-Short Owners Thread

I was quite surprised that this site didn't have that much on Mordaunt Short stuff but then maybe they weren't that good at getting into the American market. Pity their parent company seem to have decided not to make any more concentrating on other brands they own. On Brit forums they are very...
Back
Top Bottom