Search results

1. ctjetta

Dynaco PAS question

What's up with the funky PAS selector set up? Is there an advantage to replacing it? If so, does it cause further issues or limitations or issues?
  2. ctjetta

I ain't never seed nothing like this

While perusing craigslist- I'm speechless.
  3. ctjetta

Low-mass tonearms

So, I have a variety of cartridges that would appear to prefer low-mass tonearms- Shure V15 III, M95, et al, ADCXLMIII Imp., Empire XL30, Stantons, Ortofons, a Grace . . . I do own an SME3009 Ser. II Imp. I, for no good reason, am interested in a low-mass straight tonearm. I am curious of what...
  4. ctjetta

Shure Styli query

Just saw available at auction a Shure N44-7 stylus available as well as an N75-6. Both NOS, allegedly. With the understanding both will fit an M75 body, is there a a functional difference between the two in playback? Might one be used for certain records the other wouldn't? Would there be much...
  5. ctjetta

EAR 834p Clone

Started this over in the Tubes Forum, but got little response. Maybe better luck here- Was one of them an EAR 834p clone? And not that I'm not interested in assembling a phono pre using hand picked components, I just know that I probably won't get to it right away. Hence my inquiry was to if...
  6. ctjetta

more EAR 834p clone ?'s

So, I see threads on building the EAR 834p clone and I'm interested in one of these. I am however much less ambitious regarding on doing the actual labor. Truth be told, I already have a number of other projects I'm not doing. I see there are completed units, that depending tubes chosen/no...
  7. ctjetta

Veneering speaker cabinets

I know we have members here who have experience putting new veneers on speaker cabinets as well master craftsmen. I was doing a little online research . . . always a dangerous thing. I saw a three different types of adhesive used (I imagine there are more as well as methods of application)...
  8. ctjetta

Grace F8 info needed

I recently won a Grace F8 stylus. It happened to have a ruby cantilever (it's so delicate looking I'm afraid to use it). So, pretty happy. I then acquired a Grace F8 body; after all, what good's a stylus without the body? So, now I have this lovely Grace cartridge. Except, other than knowing...
  9. ctjetta

power cable questions

This is not typically a "tubes" issue, but, as I don't know that there is a correct forum I am posting here where I believe are the more knowledgeable members- at least where theory is concerned. And I've always appreciated your opinions. I recently purchased a custom fabricated 3 conductor AC...
  10. ctjetta

Speaker cabinet re-fresh questions (guitars, too)

I have a pair of Epicure Ten speakers. The Cabinets are a very nice walnut. In very good condition. No real scratches to speak of, no blotchiness, etc . . . So, I'm not looking to "refinish" them. I would like to however clean them up, make them pretty. What suggestions have you? Someone...
  11. ctjetta

phono cable capacitance

In response to another discussion regarding matching phono capacitance and resistance, I asked Audioquest what the capacitance of my Wildcat phono cables was. Come to find out it's only 65pf for the 1.5 m length I have. I honestly couldn't have imagined it would be so low. That being said, I...
  12. ctjetta

E___ Ultra Sonic Record Cleaners

In another thread someone posted of their purchase of an Ultra Sonic record cleaning machine for $300+. Being the curious sort that I am I wandered over to take a look. And sure enough there was the same unit at various prices. But, wait . What is this? A similar unit for $75. Hmmm . . the...
  13. ctjetta

ADC Cartridge questions

I have two ADC cartridge bodies. Both of the 820 ohm variety. One is already designated for an NOS XLM MK III (Improve, I believe). I plan on using this on my lower mass tonearms- SME 3009 Ser. II imp., Mayware Formula 4 Mk. III (so many roman numerals!), et al. The second unit I'm thinking of...
  14. ctjetta

Tonearm Geometry and Setup (a great link to a doc)

Found this while looking for tonearm info. From an old issue of Audio magizine, is provided by the Cornell Law School (copyright theirs) and made available via PEARL- Perkins Electro-Acoustic Research Lab, Inc. A great article. Worthy of a sticky? EDIT: There's a table included with data for...
  15. ctjetta

Mayware Formula 4

OK, I'm paying for my impetuous nature. It was only a little over two hunerd after shipping. I recently acquired a Mayware Formula 4 MK I. I should not have gotten a MK I. Sigh. Not only is it a really early version I cannot find any info on it. (Vinyl Engine starts at MK III). And to make...
  16. ctjetta

Shure/Jico question

Someone had posted today how much he enjoyed his Shure V15-MR with a JICO SAS stylus with Boron coated cantilever. Intrigued I asked if he thought there would you could get similar results with the same stylus and a lesser body, e.g. an M91 or an M95. Not having experience with the latter...
  17. ctjetta

Ariston RD-40 "clamp"

I acquired an Ariston RD-40 a while back. It came with a Jelco arm of some type and a Shure V15 Type III, so all in all a decent purchase. However it didn't come with the OEM clamp- a threaded metal plug, as it were. The platter is slightly dished, so the item is kinda important. Now as I've...
  18. ctjetta

Need A-T stylus suggestions

So, I have an Audio Technica body knocking around. Only because I want a stylus for body I have do I need a new stylus . In this case it's an AT1200 XE that came on a used TT I acquired. I know it's an older body, but. it's the only A-T in my possesion and I'm looking to just purchase another...
  19. ctjetta

Test record opinions

Not what records you test with- that's a whole 'nother thread. I'm curious as to the different test records, (HFNRR, Shure, CBS, et al) as to which is your "best" or maybe just what features one may have that you find useful/preferable. I currently don't own any, an over sight I wish to rectify.
  20. ctjetta

Grado help

Some months ago I purchased a Grado body. I don't recall from who (Needlestein, maybe, but he doesn't recall either) and I'm thinking of getting the 8mr (8mx?) stylus for it. The issue is I don't know which Grado body I have. It's silver with black plastic. What can I do to narrow down what it...
  21. ctjetta

Who's that guy?

Now, please don't laugh. At the end of some "Wheel of Fortune" episodes they have have an extended version of the theme closing out the show. There's a guy on trumpet that just kills it! I mean, he's just awesome. Whoever he is. Does any one have any idea who this guy is? If you know, does he...
  22. ctjetta

Dynamat

I have a handful of suspended turntables (AR and Thorens). I am considering using Dynamat to mod one or the other. Doing a quick eBay search I see different versions of Dynamat. Is there a particular Dynamat that you have found to be more effective? Or maybe there is an alternative you like. I...
  23. ctjetta

Rega RB300/Michele CW- What Cartridge?

Being the impulse purchaser that I am I picked up an RB300 off of BT. Didn't need it, but, now I got it. OK, now what? Oh, look I can have it rewired by Brit Audio. Done. And don't that Michele Counter Weight upgrade look cool? Yep. Did that, too. So, now I gots me nice little tonearm, mounted...
  24. ctjetta

Strobe discs

BESIDES the Vinyl Engine free download strobe disc is there any disc that you like or think works particularly well. Not interested in 16 rpm or 78 rpm. I ask as one disc I looked at had a customer comment regarding being off-center. It was a 12'' PVC item. Has anyone come across this trouble...
  25. ctjetta

AR XB- New to me!

Well, I don't have it yet. Won an auction for it, will pick up on Sunday. Now I'm jumping into the AR pool that I've suggested for others looking for a good/vintage turntable. I'm looking to decide how to best upgrade it while maintaining it's AR-ness. While looking around I've a unit wjth a...
Back
Top Bottom