Search results

1. vintageaudio

ScramMan2 --- Excellent!

ScramMan2-- his vinyl is excellent! His descriptions are conservative. You can purchase from him without any fear. You will always get more value than you paid!
  2. vintageaudio

Ziphius does it right

Condition of vinyl is superb. Very pleased. Couldn't ask for more! thanks
  3. vintageaudio

krimney is first class!

krimney is a first class seller and a gentleman with incredible integrity. Ken took excellent care of me and my a/d/s problem. You can buy from him without any worries. I recommend him with enthusiasm!
  4. vintageaudio

Jazz Question

I have been a fan of Jazz since the late '70's. Very familiar with the artists of the 70's and early 80's.... Never explored the earlier guys from the '40's and '50's until rather recently. And I am enjoying that immensely. but I have a question.....all over the web you can find lists of...
  5. vintageaudio

spkrdtr does nice work

Carl refoamed a pair of Optimus T-120 mids for me and did a great job and got everything back to me very quickly. A first class job by a first class guy.
  6. vintageaudio

Am I correct in this?

If one wishes to use a vintage receiver or integrated amp as a preamp in conjunction with a power amp---if it has preamp out and main amp in jumpers--one would have the ability to control the volume from the receiver or int. amp (being used as the preamp). And if the receiver or int. amp did NOT...
  7. vintageaudio

Denmark Speakers

Anyone ever hear of these? They have popped up locally. -------------------------------------------------------------------------- Denmark Tower Speakers. Black cabinet and grilles 1" Titanium Tweeter 4 1/2" Midrange 8" Dual Woofers (so the owner says--but I suspect one is a...
  8. vintageaudio

9900z

I just picked up a Sansui 9900Z receiver. Don't know too much about it except it all works, sounds good and has plenty of power. What is this liquid cooling feature? thanks Bob
  9. vintageaudio

Teron

:thmbsp: Teron. Bought a pair of A/D/S speakers from him. First class guy. He is the best equipment packer on the planet----a tank could have rolled over these and not be damaged---Teron should give a course in packing for shipment. All good! Bob
  10. vintageaudio

Need a little help

Can any of our US members do me a favor? (only saying US members as I will ask for item to be overnighted to us) Sherri (my wife) needs an AOL 9.0VR disc. The VR stands for Vista Ready. Sherri's computer bit the dust and has been replaced with a new Dell. The AOL discs we have in the...
  11. vintageaudio

from CL

Today I picked up a Sansui AU-505 amp and a Yamaha CDX-480 CD Player. Both with the original box, packing and paperwork. Both look great and play great. Not bad for $15. :D Funny thing is this is the first Sansui amp that I ever fell into....after about 35 years of collecting this darn...
  12. vintageaudio

Rick Wakeman fans

Can you help me out? I have his Six Wives of Henry the 8th... and I have loved that since 1973. I know he made several other solo albums. Do any of them approach the greatness of Six Wives? Or are any of them similar to it? thanks Bob
  13. vintageaudio

Yard Sale leftover

While driving to a job this morning I pass a house that had a yard sale yesterday...looks like a vintage receiver left out overnight on the front l lawn....has a small sign on it. Too busy and no time to look now. If it is still there on my way home...It is meant for me. Almost 3 hours...
  14. vintageaudio

GordonW great job!

Gordon W did a great job on my RSL Mids! Couldn't be any better. A Pleasure to deal with. Bob
  15. vintageaudio

bigstereo

RJ aka bigstereo is a class act and doing business with him has been a pleasure. He is honest and caring. No-one should have any concerns in dealing with RJ. Thanks RJ
  16. vintageaudio

Replacement Midrange

I seek the advice and help from some of our resident speaker experts. I would like to get a replacement midrange driver for a CTS 137-7421. Does anyone know of a repalcement that will be of the same dimensions so it can drop right into the cabinet hole the 137-7421 came out of? The outside...
  17. vintageaudio

RSL-can someone identify

Maybe one of our West Coast members can be so kind to indentify the model of these Roger Sound Labs speakers. As you can see they are 3 way with a 12" woofer and a port. They sound to me like the old JBL L-100's. thanks much
  18. vintageaudio

Pre-Amp sections

Which would you think has the better Pre-Amp section (both have the ability to separate the pre-amp and power amp sections) between the Marantz 1060 integrated amp and the Pioneer SA-9500II integrated amp? thanks Bob
  19. vintageaudio

Opera Tenor fans

for any of you who love Opera and the Greatest Tenors of all-time... you are invited to join a brand new yahoo group to discuss your passion: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/greattenorsofalltime/ Note--no profit motive here--nothing to be gained---just something to enhance your passion...
  20. vintageaudio

Allison AL100 speakers

Popped up on my local CL. Anyone hear of them? If so, any good? thanks
  21. vintageaudio

re-united

For the first time in 3 years, I have been re-united with my original vinyl collection. All purchased new from 1975 forward. All played on quality TT's and cartridges with the upmost care. All records in a plastic-lined sleeves All stored correctly. After years of negoiations with my Ex. and a...
  22. vintageaudio

Any Cure?

Is there any cure for a warped record? Can it be minimized or improved with either a large amount of weight and time? Or minimized or improved with heat and weight? Just wondering. :scratch2:
  23. vintageaudio

help with RtoR hook up

a Teac A-6010....rescued from the road.... I have never owned a R to R and I must admit the back of this is a bit confusing. Now it should be said that this one may have a problem. But in order to definitively determine that-I need to be sure that it is hooked up properly. I would have...
  24. vintageaudio

automotive secret

I NEVER KNEW THIS... did you???? Secret???????? I thought everyone who gasses up their car, knew which side it is on. First time filling and they should know... How do they know which side of the pump to drive on? The Worlds Best Kept Auto Secret I have been driving...
  25. vintageaudio

Infinity tweeters

Anyone know the difference between Infinity polyspherite tweeters and Infinity polycell tweeters? And perhaps, which is the superior tweeter? thanks
Back
Top Bottom