Search results

1. technut

*** VW People, Ring In! ***

I've got a 68 deluxe bug with the sliding metal sunroof and pop out windows in pretty good original condition, and a 1966 split window westy camper that is 100% complete but will require a thick stack of dead presidents to make it into the funmobile it should be.
  2. technut

Ben Harper and the innocent criminals--lifeline

Artist - Ben Harper and the innocent criminals Title - lifeline Year of Release - 2007 Record Label - Virgin Genre - Pop So I might be a little biased here since I like just about everything these guys put out. However this album is a joy to listen to, every track is good or great...
  3. technut

Your Favorite Bloody Mary Recipe!!

V-8 juice, Vodka, Worcheshire, Celery salt, tobasco, horseradish, celery stalk and pinch of lime juice. Heavy on the ice, mmmmmm........ They go down way too easy!
  4. technut

Power Amps choices

I have a couple of QSC pro amps that I use in my home studio and while I don't own anything as esoteric as krell or levinson equipment, I have a McIntosh 2105, pioneer spec-4, a couple of kenwood integrated amps, a sansui receiver and integrated amp to compare them with. The difference? to my...
  5. technut

How good is the audio on Sirius or XM? Hope it's not an overcompressed mp3

The XM stations in my wife's car are hit and miss for sound quality, some stations sound excellent and are on par with a good analog FM station, others have a rolled off high end and poor dynamic range. Jazz, pop, rock and country get the best sounding pipes. Meanwhile metal, reggae, indie and...
  6. technut

CT-F1250 diagnosis please!

This thread: http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=53981&highlight=pioneer+reel+motor Should shed some light on your problem. Not for the beginner though, take your time and be patient.
  7. technut

200WPC MOSFET Kenwood KR-9600

I machined the heatsinks and EW has them, but I imagine his plate is still full of projects that are keeping him plenty busy.:D
  8. technut

Behringer Ultradrive Pro DCX2496 Ultra High-Precision Speaker Management System

For cables I'd save myself alot of trouble and pick up something like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/8-Channel-15-Foot-Audio-Snake-RCA-M-to-XLR-F_W0QQitemZ190108666643QQihZ009QQcategoryZ41461QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem (no affiliation) You can always open up the XLR connector and...
  9. technut

Is there a Phone Line PRO in the house?

Most phone cables consist of 4 wires (like red,green,black and yellow). Each phone needs 2 wires to function. So, if like you say the bedroom line(a 4 wire cable) and the office line(a second and seperate 4 wire cable) are not connected each other then you will need to find where BOTH cables...
  10. technut

Took a while, but finally complete! Spec

Veeeery nice:thmbsp:
  11. technut

SX-3800 Question

I love my 3800 and think it's certainly underrated, it keeps up with my sa-8800 and sounds very similar. It does have a one heck of transformer in there and I think the reason for the size increase is due to a couple of things: 1) it has a digital readout for the analog tuner and I think the...
  12. technut

Ford Mid-Size and Lazy Mechanics

I used to have '65 289 coupe, and I have heard of this problem before. The thing to beware of is fatigue, the constant up and down motion of the shocks load and unload the metal in that area. So, if you do nothing else make sure you have no sharp corners in the cut out holes. If you find a...
  13. technut

Bi amp spec-1 and 2 spec-2,s

This is really going to depend on your speakers. If the crossovers in your speakers have two sets of terminals and a simple flat piece of metal that connect the two positive and negative terminals then you dont "Need" a external crossover, in fact if you dont remove the crossover from inside the...
  14. technut

Unstacking

I've tried running two pairs of JBL l-96' off a pioneer spec-4 amp, the amp has plently of power to drive them but the best sound seems to come out when only one set of speakers is used on 1 amp, I've tried series and paralell and niether one sounds as good as it does with just one pair of...
  15. technut

How's this for Mancave potential???

Get it! I've never regretted any of my real estate purchases in my life and with the housing market slightly depressed and interest rates still reasonable I'd buy it if you can swing it. Besides, it's a perfect excuse to buy a bigger amp!
  16. technut

TX-1000D rack mountable?

Hey dew042 long time no post! Good to see your back, we were all starting to worry about you! Thanks for the info.
  17. technut

found a technics SL-1200 at GW

The tube that pops up is supposed to light up, the bulb needs replacing or the contacts are dirty, I would replace the wiring inside the tonearm and the RCA cables, it should work fine after that. There is nothing else between the wiring and cart that could cause problems. I would spend the time...
  18. technut

TX-1000D rack mountable?

Does anyone know if the TX-1000D tuner is rack mountable? Specifically does it have the same holes on the sides just behind the faceplate to mount "Ears" like on the RG-2 or CT-f1000? I hoping it does cause I really need some more room in my rack and I want to swap out my TX-7800 for one of...
  19. technut

What do you guy's do with extra amps??

What to do with extra amps? Bi-amp baby! I recently added my sa-8800 to my main system (spec-1, spec-4) and I am using it to drive another set of speakers, undeniably it sounds better than before. I hooked up my kenny ka-601 and sansui 9090db to a pair of speakers that are truly bi-amp...
  20. technut

Question - Buying a used amp

Get your self an integrated amp and a tuner, like a sa-8500,8500 II,9500 II,7800,8800 or 9800. The SA series amps are the same width as your average CD player and should fit your entertainment center. There are often good deals to be had on the SA-8500 II,7800 and 8800. I have an 8800 and I...
  21. technut

Let's Talk About Radio Shack/Realsitic (Past) Quality

Funny you should mention that Realistic 235b, I have one in the shop at work and we listen to FM on it all day, 5 days a week. It has a nice smooth sound to it and has been bullet proof since I brought it to work nearly two years ago. Thats over 4000 hours of run time without a single problem, I...
  22. technut

What was the best car ever?

I vote for the Porsche 911, still being produced with same basic body shape and flat 6 engine. The engine and all related engineering doesn't even resemble the original but the basic concept has has remained the same, not many cars can make that claim. If you've never driven one, do yourself a...
  23. technut

Backing Up CDs For Use In The Car

I would check your settings and see that you are using at least a 44.1khz sample rate or you will probably lose some sound quality. If your software doesn't support that high of a bitrate then use Windows media lossless format or FLAC. I use high bitrate mp3's and apple lossless on my Ipod in...
  24. technut

SPEC-2 v. SPEC-4: Which Should I Keep?

My spec-4 seems to be happy powering 2 pairs of JBL L-96's which are relativley ineffiecient @ 88db/1w/1m. If fact it seems to drive them with more dynamics and sound better when the speakers are wired in series, therefore dropping the impedance load seen by the amp, but these speakers are 8 ohm...
  25. technut

Good, less-popular brands of DVMs?

I've got a Beckman meter that I think is just as good as a Fluke and has been bullet proof going on 8 years now. I also love my old simpson analog for stuff that is not too exacting.
Back
Top Bottom