Search results

1. eddantes

Great Scott opportunity

Oh no... I think D+S is here for the exact opposite reason... It's the "try it, it's not addicitve" part of this website ;-)
  2. eddantes

Great Scott opportunity

https://maxsold.maxsold.com/auction/82030/item/scott-stereo-system-b-5166378?link=auctionbox I know, I know, haven't been here in a decade and now I post in D+S. I assure you I'm in no way associated to the auction. Liven in different country than the auction. But it would be a shame for...
  3. eddantes

Lo-Fi and a small investment can make one smile!!

Bah... those speakers are too big! Minimus 7s in wood. :-) One of my fave setups are a destroyed set of RS Nova 6s and Pioneer SX770 in my office. Peeling veneer, no grills, burnt out bulbs - pleanty of smiles for the miles though.
  4. eddantes

Large bookshelf spkrs for set amp

It seems I'm in every thread where mhardy6647 mentions Esquires. I can't help but adding my own 2c as I like my Esquires very much. They keep finding themselves back in rotation, despite several pair of "better" speakers in the house. They're just a sweet, full sounding speaker that can play all...
  5. eddantes

Sansui G971 protection relay trouble

BTW... I think this is the correct relay http://www.sansui-parts-shop.com/index.php?page=details&prod=1406 Should I splurge and get it? (Provided the consensus is to replace the existing relay)
  6. eddantes

Sansui G971 protection relay trouble

My G971 has been acting up. It would lose a channel once in a while... give it a tap and the channel is back. Last time, I thought it was the protection relay (RL602 on the F3702 protection board). I took it off, examined it and cleaned the heck out of it and that seemed to do the trick for a...
  7. eddantes

Project idea 18" woofer, 8" full range

Was about to type out a similar post... but noticed that frperdurabo already did it for me. OB is over H frame has been proven a good design by Martin King and well documented here.
  8. eddantes

Mirage M-490 package. Deal?

I think you can do much better for less. I'd pass. I do own the 490s that are used for TV viewing, and they are a nice speaker... but really... I'd pass.
  9. eddantes

Speaker ID please

Don't waste the gas.
  10. eddantes

Marantz Eighteen 18 Power Switch

I don't recall exactly. But I think this may be the switch I used (I took off the on/off plate and the circle was perfect for the cut-out): http://www.gardnerbender.com/en/gsw-124 Or come to think of it... this one. Yep, this is the one! I remember the leads...
  11. eddantes

Empire 698 with classic issues

Thats a nice table :)
  12. eddantes

I really don't recall. But hen I'm in that shop again I'll try and find it again and take a pic...

I really don't recall. But hen I'm in that shop again I'll try and find it again and take a pic. It's just a basic switch, chrome with a ball on the end. The key is that it fits the cut out perfectly
  13. eddantes

Magnepan 3.3 R feedback wanted

If the price is reasonable... a full ribbon Magnepan is an experience worth having. Faults - sure... including a small sweetspot, unless you have a big room. Power - anything over 50W will be fine... but the more the merrier (the bottom end will fill out nicely). But to me - their specialness...
  14. eddantes

Bad/Sad couple of months for our family!

Be still, sad heart! and cease repining; Behind the clouds is the sun still shining; Thy fate is the common fate of all, Into each life some rain must fall, Some days must be dark and dreary. I hope the clouds part soon and you'll see the shining sun again.
  15. eddantes

I think I found an Electro-Voice Patrician IV

I though the Patrician had the 30" woofer... That monster can command four digit prices on its own.
  16. eddantes

My first tube setup

As someone who's had lots of other tubes (sadly no 300B or 2A3 yet) I can say that you'll likely keep that little maggot box a long time. I keep returning to mine even in the face of other well regarded gear. With a nice sensitive speaker ( I use 12" Phillips/Norleco T-7 full range in a giant...
  17. eddantes

Who is making great Stereo Receivers today ?

I don't know if anyone mentioned, but Pioneer has SX-A9MK2-K.
  18. eddantes

Heads Up - Pioneer CS-63DX

I had a pair. Though handsome... They didn't impress. Nice but forgettable.
  19. eddantes

New member from Ontario Canada

Welcome Eric.
  20. eddantes

Modding Altec Santana's

Had the bi-flex Santanas... Not for long. Just nothing there of any interest. Weak on all fronts... Well... except appearance. They are a handsome speaker.
  21. eddantes

mid-Ontario Citation 19 plus ???

Tha might be a heck of a deal! 15" full rangers aren't cheap! And that 19 is a very nice amp.
  22. eddantes

Found some Altec's - Iconic?

If Valencias - very Iconic. Grab em!
  23. eddantes

Axiom speakers? Regrets?

You have the older version. My friend, AKer 4seatpilot, has those as well, but I have not heard them.
  24. eddantes

Axiom speakers? Regrets?

I have heard a friends AX 5s. I thought they sounded fantastic. Need to be cautious of placement with those rear firing sub - but really a fine speaker. Good looking too, in piano black.
  25. eddantes

Anyone doing a garden?

-12 tomato Sweet 100 chery tomato Yellow pear 4xEarly Girl (50 days maturity) 3xBestBoy - (70 days maturity) 3xBeefSteak - (90 days maturity) -Broccoli -Onions -Radishes -6xPickling Cucumbers -lots of herbs Trying to keep it small this year :-)
Back
Top Bottom