Search results

1. vga911s

Today's SOUL Playlist

Rome: today is the 1st time after all of these years I have noticed you are in Dallas. I grew up in Ft Worth/ Stop 6. Long live true old school soul music radio stations such as KNOK 107 FM and KKDA 73 AM both in Dallas
  2. vga911s

Pinch Roller Cleaning

I use old school Naptha lighter fluid and a Q tip. This has worked for many yrs on my decks
  3. vga911s

Cleaning the Capstan Rubber Rollers

I have used cig lighter fluid ( Naphtha) directly from the can and a Q tip for many yrs on all of my decks. I like the results
  4. vga911s

Vintage CD Players and their old outdated DACs

For pure CD listening pleasure I chose my Calif Audio Labs Tercets, or my Rotel 1070 or 1072 CD players
  5. vga911s

Best Vintage Speaker Kickoff!

Yamaha NS 1000m Yamaha NS 200 Yamaha NS 500
  6. vga911s

Who made the best vintage audio?

CD players: Cal Audio Labs Amps: Nakamichi Pre Amps: Nakamichi & Classe Auido Cass Tape Decks: Nakamichi, Tandberg Speakers: Yamaha NS series, ADS, Polk Audio
  7. vga911s

Today's SOUL Playlist

Funkadelic: Live at the Beverely 1977. The very best example of Cosmic Slop ever recorded period Clinton and the gang were spot on this night!
  8. vga911s

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Funkadelic Live: Cosmic Slop
  9. vga911s

The Recorded LIVE Playlist

Funkadelic Live: Some Cosmic Slop to start the day off.
  10. vga911s

Today's SOUL Playlist

Merry Christmas to all. Woke up and started the day off with some live Cosmic Slop/ Funkadelic.
  11. vga911s

NS100M Tweeters

E Bay has a few listed today
  12. vga911s

ADS L1290: We Must, Musn't We?

I have owned my only pair of ADS speakers since 87. A pair of black L1290;s. They rotate in and out of the online system all the time, I bought them new, love their sound reproduction and I will never sell them. Ever!!!!!
  13. vga911s

Yamaha NS-1000M w/ CA1000iii vs Klipsch Forte II w/ Scott Tubes

CONGRTS on getting them!!! Set them up!!! Sit back and enjoy them as you ice your back from lugging them around the room.
  14. vga911s

Yamaha NS-1000M w/ CA1000iii vs Klipsch Forte II w/ Scott Tubes

The NS 1000 is the worst speaker ever made. Just pm me with the address of these monsters and I will grab a hammer and go save the audio world from these things, using the hammer only after after I give them a 3/5 yr testing in my system You need to be running to get these speakers now. Why are...
  15. vga911s

ADS L1090 comments please

At $ 75.00 I would have paid 1st and asked questions later. Very nice speakers for sure if they are working as normal
  16. vga911s

NS 200Ma on Low Profile Speaker Stands

I have never not had my Yamaha speakers on stands when they are in rotation but never this low to the floor. My new to me NS 1000m were hooked up 2 weeks ago and I used a old pair of Klisph wooden stands I have had sitting around forever unused. I was amazed at how this improved the low end...
  17. vga911s

NS-2000's from HiFiDo

AS to speaker stands Look up the A&M fabrication website. The make a great product. I have 3 pairs of custom stands made by them.
  18. vga911s

NS-2000's from HiFiDo

Good morning and a huge congrts on getting these NS 2000 home. They are stunning. Enjoy and you are req to file a report everyday on just how much you are loving them by noon.
  19. vga911s

NS 1000 Speakers

Thanks guys. I'm loving them. I have just repositioned them where they are 100% facing forward without any slanting toward a center line. I will give this a try as I have always slanted my speakers toward the chair in the past . Try this just to see how they sound. Journey : Captured: recorded...
  20. vga911s

Yamaha NS-1000M: The Definitive Setup Thread

I have and still do own a few models of the Yamaha NS series speakers but I hooked up my 1st pair of NS 1000m's into my system just a few hrs ago. I am blown away by their reproduction / sound stage. I am using the following gear to drive them and with the exception of rotating CD players or...
  21. vga911s

NS 1000 Speakers

And for the final test, I went back and pulled out the old standard bearer master test CD that was used to pretest every single piece of equipment before it came home from the audio store back in the mid 80" early 90's : Pink Floyd, Dark Side Of The Moon. Flawless sound reproduction. from these...
  22. vga911s

NS 1000 Speakers

These are some very very good sounding speakers.The 1st CD after being hooked into the system was the Eagles: the very best of the Eagles CD 1, 2. This was followed by Teena Marie: the best of Teena Marie. There couldn't be 2 more different types / styles of music than these 2 and I couldn't...
  23. vga911s

NS 1000 Speakers

The 200ma needs help with the low end bass freq.. A lot of this has to do with the size delta between the woofers and the cabinet size delta between the 2 but also the fact that the 200ma speaker stands place it much higher from the floor as can be seen in the picture.. I have had these low...
  24. vga911s

NS 1000 Speakers

Well I drove down to LA and picked these bad boys up Wed morning. I now own a pair of NS 1000's. Both are in great shape. Drove back to the bay area this morning. I have heard many and currently own a few different Yamaha NS series speakers of this generation( Love them all), strangely I have...
  25. vga911s

Cleaning the Capstan Rubber Rollers

This has been covered pretty well so I will just add that using Naptha( old school wick lighter fluid) will bring old harden glazed, dirty rubber, back to life, removing the layer of dirt and hardened rubber. extending the time you have in between replacement . A word of caution; You will remove...
Back
Top Bottom