Search results

1. Jack Lord

ScramMan2

Good to do business with.:thmbsp:
  2. Jack Lord

Thanks Cries55

Procured an LP from the man and he did not exaggerate its pristine condition. Thanks.:thmbsp:
  3. Jack Lord

Rueben Kinkaid and The Professor have Departed

A double blow. RIP Russell Johnson and Dave Madden
  4. Jack Lord

What is Your Favorite "Rock Star Look"?

Who looks the coolest to you? Bob Dylan in his Raybans? Bowie as the Thin White Duke? Maybe the New York Dolls in drag or the Black Keys' scruffiness? Pat Benatar's satin? Leather jacketed Elvis or white frilly Elvis? The outrageousness of Kiss or Gwar? Which Rock Star(s) had it going on...
  5. Jack Lord

Enlighten me as to...Big Star

I need something new, or in this case, something old I have never really heard. I am vaguely familiar with them and like what I have heard. How to go about it? I reckon their output is limited. Should I just seek out all their albums or is there some great compilation set that is a must have...
  6. Jack Lord

More thanks for ScramMan

Great deal on a couple of Dylan DVDs and he was kind enought to throw in a third one for free. Thanks!:thmbsp:
  7. Jack Lord

What are your Favorite Band Names?

Not favorite bands. What names of bands do you like and why? I would say The Teardrop Explodes always struck my fancy. I thought it very creative although I eventually learned he got it from a Daredevil comic. It still sounds very cool and unusual. The Clash was a great name for a punk...
  8. Jack Lord

Another Expedit Question

Is it possible to put together an Expedit (2X4) and leave out one shelf? I would want it on its side lengthwise with my gear on top, but with some space to put gear in the shelf itself. Its been a long time since I put one together and I do not want to experiment as it would require removing...
  9. Jack Lord

The Duke of Flatbush has Died

Duke Snider, legendary center fielder for the Brooklyn and <ahem> Los Angeles Dodgers has passed away. Farewell Duke. Say hello to Jackie and Roy for me.
  10. Jack Lord

Help/Advice in picking a Brad Nailer?

I have to install base shoe molding in about half of the Casa del Lord. Basic 3/4 round, nothing fancy. Using a nailing apparatus would seemingly make things easier, but I have never used one before. AK is a treasure trove of talented do it yourselfers. Can anyone chime in and give me...
  11. Jack Lord

Thanks Celt!

Purchased a Realistic TM-102 Tuner from him. Flawless deal. Thanks!:thmbsp:
  12. Jack Lord

Danno Has Passed Away

My friend, colleague, and right-had man has died. http://nsbnews.net/content/327964-hawaii-5-o-actor-james-macarthur-dies-hollywood-reporter The last of the original Five-O crew heads to the great luau in the sky. RIP James MacArthur One more time: Book em Danno.
  13. Jack Lord

Pioneervato!

Jesse and I concluded a deal for some grill cloth that would be characterized as quick, smooth, and professional. Thanks Vato!
  14. Jack Lord

Thanks Blue Shadow

Bought some RTR tapes. Deal went down without a hitch. Thanks!:yes:
  15. Jack Lord

Rolling Stones Live at Leeds 1971

The BBC is streaming this for a few days. Sounds pretty damn good so far. Enjoy: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00nxcy7 Would have loved to have attended Leeds back then. The great bands seem to like playing there.
  16. Jack Lord

Belated Thanks for BrocLuno

A couple of months ago, Broc was kind enough to give me a freebie LaserDisc player. He was also very helpful with tech support. Thanks!:thmbsp:
  17. Jack Lord

Thanks Pustelniakr

Rich was good enough to answer my request to purchase a Pioneer DV 563A. He sold me one that is perfect and at a fair price. This is my second transaction with Rich and it featured his well known and characteristic professionalism. Thanks again Rich.:thmbsp:
  18. Jack Lord

U2 plays at my alma mater on Good Morning America

Right on the spot where I received my sheepskin. Enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE8sI6mf5bY
  19. Jack Lord

RIP Slingin Sammy Baugh

One of the greatest NFL players ever and the last of the HOF freshman class has left the stadium. RIP Sammy. :tears:
  20. Jack Lord

Another Insulation Question

Fellow AKers, My house was built in 1952. The attic insulation comprises two different types. On one side it is pink fiberglass insulation. No mysteries there. But the other side is yellow fiberglass insulation completely wrapped in brown paper. Not just a vapor barrier back, but...
  21. Jack Lord

What is the best way to Sand Veneer?

I have several speakers and a dresser that need to be redone. I do not want to reveneer them, just restain them. Can I use an orbital sander or is it best to do it by hand? Thanks.
  22. Jack Lord

Pioneer P-D70 Remote

Seeing as procuring one of these is about as likely as finding Jimmy Hoffa, would any other remote work on it. Maybe a universal remote or one from another Pioneer cd player?
  23. Jack Lord

Thank You EchoWars!

I have now joined the elite monster receiver club. Eric J Clark sold me an extra SX-1250 he had and his nice girlfriend mailed it to EchoWars from Chicago. EchoWars then proceeded to reconstruct this piece and turn it into a thing of beauty. Glenn was a pleasure to deal with whether on the...
  24. Jack Lord

Knob Thieves?

More and more, I am seeing decent pieces of gear that are missing key knobs or even series of knobs or switches. Sometimes its like a bunch of scavenging locusts swept down into the thrift store. Is this the result of thievery or negligent owners?
  25. Jack Lord

Protective Plastic Bags for RTR Tapes: Good or Bad?

I grabbed some protective bags from Bags Unlimited to protect my RTR tape boxes. Then I read in a book that these could be damaging as they might retain moisture. Whaddy y'all think?
Back
Top Bottom