Search results

1. Pioneer Vir

Where to go in DC

In addition to all of the above. Holocaust Musuem. Warning - it will likely hit hard.
  2. Pioneer Vir

Pioneer Silver... - I did post it in Dollars & Sense. Someone moved it to Barter Town.

Pioneer Silver... - I did post it in Dollars & Sense. Someone moved it to Barter Town.
  3. Pioneer Vir

Knob polish

Ahhooga! Ahhooga! Dive! Dive!
  4. Pioneer Vir

Fisher TFM-300 Tuner Voltage Issue / Question

Dead / zilch / nothing. Tried all settings (Muting On, Muting Off, Stereo, Mono, etc.) and running cables to different amp inputs, etc. Verified amp and cables are working correctly with a different tuner. Stereo Beacon indicator constantly on and Signal Strength meter pegged to the right. Dial...
  5. Pioneer Vir

Dave, 1. Voltage readings have all been taken in accordance with the schematic guidance. 2. I don't think there have been any high voltages from R14 but I'm not 100% sure. So, it's possible. I understand the points that you are making. 3. Understand. I have been concentrating on getting...
  6. Pioneer Vir

I'll give it a try and see what happens.
  7. Pioneer Vir

I'm with you Larry. Scratching my head at this point also. I'll replace the rectifier and re-check voltages. It's set up for the "B" Run for the +22V. At this point, I wonder if it's worth a try to go ahead and set it up for "A" Run and see what happens... ? I appreciate all of your help...
  8. Pioneer Vir

C2C bypassed with an axial 50uF / 450 volt capacitor. Note: Both 3T and 3Y on IF board reconnected. Selenium rectifier not replaced yet. RF B+ = 109.5 volts Oscillator / Mixer B+ = 89.2 volts Positive terminal of 50uF / 450 volt axial capacitor = 96.1 volts C8 / R13 = 12.5 volts C9 / R14 =...
  9. Pioneer Vir

What are you listening to right now the second you see this post

Carole King - I Feel the Earth Move on Daisy Jones and The Six.
  10. Pioneer Vir

C2 is a new CE Manufacturing can. That doesn't mean there couldn't be a problem with it. I'm pretty sure I have a cap that I can use as a bypass cap though and I will do this and take voltage readings. I have the bridge for the selenium replacement, just haven't done it yet.
  11. Pioneer Vir

3Y lifted: - 3Y unconnected wire: 32.71 volts - 3W: 12.06 volts - 3T: 32.83 volts 3T lifted: - 3Y: 14.13 volts - 3W: 11.76 volts - 3T unconnected wire: 20.67 volts
  12. Pioneer Vir

I'll jump on this in the morning and let you know the results.
  13. Pioneer Vir

Larrry - appreciate your time on this. MPX & Q2 connected - Q1 removed: 11.31 volts MPX & Q1 connected - Q2 removed: 11.29 volts Don
  14. Pioneer Vir

Voltage readings at R14 4.7K resistor and C9 1,000uF capacitor: - Q1, Q2 and MPX wires all connected: 10.52 volts - Q2 wire removed (Q1 and MPX connected): 11.27 volts - Q2 wire and MPX wire removed (Q1 connected): 56.4 volts - Q1, Q2 and MPX wires removed: 96.1 volts Don
  15. Pioneer Vir

Makes sense. I will report back on the results. Pretty sure I have 2N2924's on hand.
  16. Pioneer Vir

Fixed the R31 connection. It brought the Q2 collector voltage up to 4.35 volts. Everything else stayed the same.
  17. Pioneer Vir

Hi Larry, Maybe something here... MPX Pin 4A = 11.06 volts Q1 Collector = 4.25 volts Q2 Collector = 135.5 mvolts - R31 4.7K ohm resistor has one end installed on the wrong location on the terminal board. Input at both R30 and R31 4.7K ohm resistors is 11.25...
  18. Pioneer Vir

Few things: - C9 1,000uF capacitor reading 1,450uF. Replaced it with a new one reading 1,080uF. - C8 1uF and C12 4uF capacitors (IF Amplifier) positive leads were swapped. Both capacitors are on a terminal board beside each other. Fixed that. - Loose wire at 3Y on IF Amplifier...
  19. Pioneer Vir

Thank-you everyone for the inputs. Appreciate it! I didn't get a chance to look at it today but hopefully tomorrow I'll find the time. Will report back on the results.
  20. Pioneer Vir

Fisher TFM-300 Tuner, serial number 12297C. This tuner was in very, very rough shape when I got it and I wasn't able to take any kind voltage readings prior to doing a restoration of it. I have replaced all of the electrolytic capacitors and I'm getting good readings at most locations, but I...
  21. Pioneer Vir

5-6000 Vinyl Records - Norfolk, VA

5-6000 Vinyl Record Collection - electronics - by owner - sale (craigslist.org) No affiliation.
  22. Pioneer Vir

Bell 2200C OPT, B+ and Screen Grid Hook Up

Thank-you!
  23. Pioneer Vir

Original switch is physically destroyed so that's not an option. Roger your point on the fuse - the drawing is primarily meant for the power switch and not the complete power wiring.
  24. Pioneer Vir

I'm finally found some time to try and finish up the Bell 2200B I've been working on and off for a while now. I found a single pole 3-position rotary switch that matches up spec wise - 250V/3A - 125V/6A. I'd like to get some input on how to correctly hook it the first time around up so I don't...
  25. Pioneer Vir

dbx Collection - $10.5K - Yorktown, VA

dbx Audio Collection - electronics - by owner - sale (craigslist.org) No affiliation
Back
Top Bottom