Search results

1. 1

Denon DRA-335R Volume Troubles

Probably not the relay since both channels are simultaneously dropping in volume. Unfortunately, the symptoms you describe leads me to believe that the problem is in the power supply or possibly the protection circuit. I recommend that you that the receiver to a technician for further investigation.
  2. 1

Denon DRA-335R Volume Troubles

TaNG, I doubt you fried anything. Have you noticed that only one channel drops out when the volume dips down? If so, it is likely that an intermittent connection is the culprit and could be caused by dirty loudness and volume controls which need de-oxing (see The Idiot's Guide to Using DeOxit...
  3. 1

kotofei - A+ seller

Recently purchased lps arrived safe and sound and in the condition described! Thank-you!
  4. 1

Revenge of Silver Mica Disease

FrankieKat, The formula for the desired capacitance is: C = 25330/(L)(fsquared) or Capacitance is equal to the result of 25330 divided by the quantity of the measured the Inductance multiplied by the desired frequency squared where the capacitance C is in picoFarads, the inductance L in...
  5. 1

Marantz 2230 selector problem

Try depressing the "Tape Monitor" button until the push button is in the "out" position.
  6. 1

Need some help with an FM Aerial

If you are a do-it-yourselfer, the following links may be of interest. I have not built either of these antennas yet but the construction costs are low and therefore worth a try. FM Rhombic Antenna: http://www.aphenos.net/misc/electronics/antennas/fm/1.jpg...
  7. 1

What's the most useless, over-designed, or badly designed feature ?

I love my Marantz 2230 receiver. However, the Marantz design featured the answer to the question that nobody asked, to wit, the Gyro-Touch Tuning knob. A quick twist of a Pioneer FM receiver/tuner tuning knob allows stop-to-stop dial motion nearly as good as digitally tuned presets and...
  8. 1

Parallel 6BQ5s into 5k

This website has a schematic for parallel SE 6V6's. http://angela.com/angelasupersingle-ended6v6guitarampproject.aspx
  9. 1

Wires connect to a Screw terminal capacitor with ...???

Ace or True Value hardware or Radio Shack are probable local sources for ring terminals.
  10. 1

DCM Time Frame 600

Thanks for your responses, guys. I am awaiting a response from the seller and may purchase them if they are still available. I currently am using a pair of Polk 10A's in lieu of DCM TF-400's based solely on the bass output of the Polks. Without a doubt the sound stage projected by the...
  11. 1

DCM Time Frame 600

Thanks, Brad.
  12. 1

DCM Time Frame 600

Thanks js1138
  13. 1

DCM Time Frame 600

Is $200 an inordinate price for these speakers? The seller states that the "speakers themselves have no damage and cosmetically they're in pretty good shape" although I have not seen or heard the speakers at this time. TIA, 12J5
  14. 1

Schottky Diode ?

BAT46 and 1N60 diodes available at Crystal Radio Supply and reasonable prices. http://www.crystalradiosupply.com/index1.html
  15. 1

Pioneer SX-535 issue

The SX-535 I purchased a few years ago also had a noisy left channel unaffected by the volume control setting and de-oxing of the contacts/pots. Use of freeze spray showed that transistor Q5 on the Power Amplifier Assembly (AWH-035) was the problem and the subsequent replacement with a...
  16. 1

Any recommendations for good Pocket FM tuners?

+1 on the Sony SRF-39 and SRF-59 based on my experience. However, if you are looking for state of the art FM reception the Digital Signal Process portables with the Silicon Labs Si4734 chips designed and manufactured in the USA but assembled in China by Tecsun are wonderfully performing radios...
  17. 1

revived a motorola 6v6 SE console amp

Motorola Schematic TUBEGINNER, Send me a PM with your email address and I'll snail mail a Xerox copy of my original document. For some reason I can't scan a reasonable, legible copy of the original and am tired of fighting with it! 12J5 Bill
  18. 1

Grommes Little Jewel... low volume and hum?

Try this site: http://www.grommesprecision.com/grommes/assets/pdf/littlejewelreview.PDF 12J5
  19. 1

Marantz 2230 - Slight hum in right channel and missing power button

absolve2525, My 2230 had a hum in the left channel Power Amplifier Ass'y P750. The problem was localized to the C754 and C755 capacitors. Over the years the leads to the capacitors had eroded until one of the leads were broken from the body of the caps. Replacing these caps corrected the hum...
  20. 1

Songs you like but hate to admit

For me it's "My Boyfriends Back" by the Angels. Originally I failed to understand and appreciate the subtle nuances and story lines of that composition. At that time I prefered music from the Beach Boys, The Beatles, Rolling Stones, et. al. which was more in keeping with my then relative state...
  21. 1

Toasted Almond, Purveyor of Fine CDs

Received the CD's today! Good, prompt shipping and am enjoying them as I am emailing your thanks! Thanks again, Bill :banana:
  22. 1

Over ear cans <$100

My cans are Sony MDR-V6s for under $100. The Sony's fit comfortably around my ears, granted I do not physically resemble Dumbo the Flying Elephant!
  23. 1

Please explain this??

jleon92f, Don't think this will add much to the discussion but my CD5001, purchased in February 2008, references the featured CS4392 Cirrus Logic D/A converter and also states that it is only suitable for play back of CD, CD-R/RW Discs and also features CD Text compatibility. In any event, I...
  24. 1

What is this?

It may be a 2SA376 germanium PNP transistor. The fourth lead is connected to the transistor case and is used for shielding/grounding. The radio was probably manufactured in the 50's early 60's.
  25. 1

Paco SA40 B+ too high

Based on the Sams Photofact schematic in Post 27 of http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=213783&page=2 the voltages are reasonable. 186VAC on the transormer into the voltage doubler circuit without a load calculates to 526VDC at the output as follows: 186VACrms doubled equals...
Back
Top Bottom