Search results

1. Mikey679

Signet cartridges AM series question?

So, I've recently come across a Signet AM30s cartridge, it didn't have a stylus but I was able to win an auction for a NOS ATN152lp stylus, basically an ATN155lc without the flip down guard. I'm guessing that will be a nice combination but I was wondering about the cartridge itself. Looking at...
  2. Mikey679

Yamaha PX-3 bad RCA interconnect?

So, I've had my PX-3 for a few years now, everything has been great. I just turned it on this morning and found that I have no sound from the right RCA interconnect. I have some buzzing and very faint music if I disconnect the left RCA but that's about it. I did just contact Professor Bizzt, I...
  3. Mikey679

Best cartridge for Jico SAS-1 stylus?

I have an original Jico SAS-1 stylus that I purchased a while back, I've used it on an A&R Cambridge P77 and a Sumiko Pearl cartridge as well. I like the sound of the Jico on the Sumiko better than the A&R but I know there are other cartridges that share this body style and I'm wondering if...
  4. Mikey679

Pickering XSV 5000 pricing?

I picked up a Pickering XSV 5000 cartridge with the original D5000 stylus locally at an estate sale. It's the whole setup with the case, accessories, screwdriver, etc. I did play test it on my turntable and it sounds good, both channels are strong and the stylus is in good condition, I couldn't...
  5. Mikey679

Does upgrading a MM stylus change the specs?

Just a curious question, if say you have an AT120E/T and switch the stylus out for the stylus of the AT440MLa(or b) would that change the specs at all? Would the frequency range change or the channel separation get better? I would think that the sound you get would be different due to a...
  6. Mikey679

Vintage receiver to soundcard for needledrops

So, I've been toying around with the idea of trying out a vintage receiver in my needledrop setup. I've looked into the Marantz 2220b and the 2230 lately and was wondering what would be the best way to plug it into my system? Would I need to do the RCA outs of the soundcard to the headphone jack...
Back
Top Bottom