Search results

1. R

Record Cleaning: Developing the Best Possible Methods

Thank you for the information PR. And for all your contributions to this thread. I'd like to confirm that the contents of one capsule of Nexazyme in 1 Liter of RODI water (or better) is the correct ratio. In the future, I'd like to find a liquid concentrate of pure enzymes instead of breaking...
  2. R

Record Cleaning: Developing the Best Possible Methods

I was wondering something similar. I've recently built USRCM with 80 kHz US clean and 80 kHz US rinse tanks and a heated, filtered drying cube. I use Rushton's recommended proportions of X-100, H-256 and IPA scaled up for 5 gallon batches (the size of my cleaning and rinse sumps). However, some...
  3. R

McIntosh ML-1C speakers

mwo1268 - there are a pair of ML-1C crossovers on eBay with a BIN price of $38 you may want to look at. When I reworked the XOs in my XR-7s, I bought a second set so I could keep the originals intact.
  4. R

McIntosh ML-1C speakers

tewtj, any chance you can share the model number off the Morel domes?
  5. R

McIntosh XR5 Speakers

I couldn't agree with you more. For the record, I prefer it with the grills open. I suspect an argument could be made for removing the grills altogether, but I'm hesitant to do so now. I'm going to play around with measuring, positioning, etc. this weekend.
  6. R

McIntosh XR5 Speakers

I finally got to re-cap my 2nd set of XOs on Saturday. I also replaced the resistors with non-inductive units. Everything was mounted with silicone adhesive for vibration resistance, just like the originals. It was a fun project and completed without a hiccup. I'm very happy with the results...
  7. R

McIntosh XR5 Speakers

c_dk - thanks for the insight. I concur, I run my MQ-102 equalizer on 2. I do think the EQ is necessary though. They come up on fleabay pretty regularly. The MQ101 has the same LF contours. The MQ101 has the classic Mc appearance but they go 2x - 3x the money. I picked up a second set of XR-7...
  8. R

McIntosh XR5 Speakers

I've pulled the XOs and cleaned the back plane connectors. I've purchased Dayton poly caps to replace the electrolytics but haven't made the swap yet. Not sure if those 50 uF caps will fit. Getting an experienced perspective would be greatly appreciated before taking action. I'm not looking to...
  9. R

McIntosh ML-1C speakers

Thank you for your replies. I've latched on to the XR-5 thread. I've contacted RR and while he has responded each time, he hasn't said much beyond "leave well enough alone". I really like the XR-7s but the upper mids and high seem pulled back. I'll jump over to the XR-5 thread now. Thank you.
  10. R

McIntosh XR5 Speakers

I might be the XR-7 poster c_dk mentioned above. I'm listening with both, um, eyes, sir and thank you in advance.
  11. R

McIntosh ML-1C speakers

Admittedly, this thread is pretty old. But does anyone know which Morel drivers are recommended as replacements for McIntosh mid and high drivers? I think the MDM 55s are recommended for the mids. What about the tweeters? How did the Morels alter the sound? I have a set of new to me XR7s. Great...
  12. R

Rega Brio-R

This might be a crazy question and application but please bear with me. I have a friend that runs a high end Men's wear shop. He has an empty, gorgeous old HH Scott console cabinet and asked me to refit it with simple, modern components for use in his store. He really wants vinyl playback as...
  13. R

Source for Rega RB250 parts

For a stereolithograph reproduced part, one would need the ability to do a 3-D scan of the original or create a virtual part. The Audiomods kit would be justified before this amount of effort is done.
  14. R

Rega website does not have customer support contact information listed. I contacted the US distributor and received the following response: "Sorry to hear of the trouble with your tonearm. The RB250 cannot be reassembled correctly outside the factory in England, and therefore replacement parts...
  15. R

I'll do that but I'd prefer something stateside if possible.
  16. R

During a DIY re-wire mishap, I broke the plastic anti-skate cover (part #8 below) of my RB250. I tried some JB weld and it held for 6 months but then it didn't. Does anyone have a source for Rega parts? If anyone has a scrap arm or this specific part available, I'd be interested in buying it...
  17. R

Some Empire Turntable History

BTW - I did become a subscriber. I didn't know about the 'secret subscriber' area.
  18. R

Long time lurker (join date almost 4 years ago), especially of this thread. I did check the T&Cs and didn't see any restrictions for private transactions but my concern was more of etiquette and respect. That was the motivation for my post and I have my answer. Thanks for the insight. Empire...
  19. R

Would like to sell a 598 to an Empire lover Would it be bad karma to discuss the potential sale of my 598 in this thread? If it would, please let me know the best place to make Empire lovers aware of this turntable. Thanks, -Steve
Back
Top Bottom