Search results

1. Gravelyguy

Thoughts on cartridge for a Sansui SR-929

Hi All, I fairly recently picked up my dream table, the SR-929. I must say it sounds as great as it looks. I really like my modded HK T-60 but there is something about this new table that just does it for me. Anyway, I have been switching cartridges, Ortofon m20fl super, Shure m97he, and with...
  2. Gravelyguy

MN Model 19 tech help needed

Hi Everyone, My Model 19 has developed a left channel static sound on all sources. It was doing this last summer and then went away but is back. I know enough to know I don’t have enough knowledge to mess with my baby. As long as I am going to be apart from my baby, I figure I should have it...
  3. Gravelyguy

ADC Q321 Question

Hi Everyone, I had the above cartridge laying around for some time and finally put it on my new to me Optonica tt. It sounds very good. I have never had an ADC cartridge before so did some research to try to figure out where this one sits in the ADC line up. I could find very little on this...
  4. Gravelyguy

Model 19 tech in MN

Hi Guys, Well my Model 19, after years of faithful service, is starting to have some left channel issues so it is time for a recap. I am not up to the task and hope to pass this down to one of my music loving kids. Any suggestions for a tech in/near MN. I live in Central MN but travel is not an...
  5. Gravelyguy

Need help with hk825 preamp

Hi Everyone, I got this preamp doa many years ago with some other gear. I figure now is the time to take a look at it. When turned on the power light comes on but does not blink as it should. There appears to be no power to the rest of the pre. No lights no sounds on anything. The auxiliary...
  6. Gravelyguy

Soundcraftsmen sp4002 phono stage thoughts

Hi Guys, I am looking at picking up a SC sp4200 and am wondering if the phono stage would be an improvement over my Marantz Model 19's. I know it is more versatile with MM/MC capabilities, just wondering if the sound quality would be a step up? Dave
  7. Gravelyguy

speaker ID help

Saw this on CL. Not interested, they just look unique. Anyone have any ideas on the model? http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/ele/4317497183.html Dave
  8. Gravelyguy

help with Infinity RS7's

Hi Guys, My dad, the original good deal finder, picked up a pair of rs7's for me at a very good price. The only problem is one of the speakers had the woofer removed. So I am wondering what other models used this woofer so I can be on the lookout for a donor? Thanks, Dave
  9. Gravelyguy

Ortofon m20fl super-H/K t60 combo?

Hi Guys, I have a chance to pick up the above cartridge for my t60. Is this a good match and would it be an upgrade from Shure M91? Thanks for your help, Dave
  10. Gravelyguy

Time Further Out-a worthy successor

Hi Guys, I have been a fan of the Dave Brubeck Quartet since getting back into listening to albums several years ago. I have a well worn early 70's Japanese knock off version of Time Out that gets played quite often. It is my middle daughters favorite jazz album. I recently picked up a nice...
  11. Gravelyguy

5000x vs 881

Hi Guys, I found a 5000x on CL in my parents home town with some other gear at a good price. My dad was able to pick it up for me. He said it looked in perfect cosmetic condition including the wood case. I won't get a chance to put her through her paces for awhile. I plan on passing this on to...
  12. Gravelyguy

Great songs, bad recordings

Hi Guys, I pulled out my vinyl copy of Til' Tuesdays debut album. I am sure I haven't listened to it for at least 15 years. My set up has made great strides since the last time I played this album. I remember really enjoying it when it first came out, particularly the opening track "Love in a...
  13. Gravelyguy

Pictures of the Model 19 with questions

Hi guys, For people that have been following and helping me out with this beautiful receiver, thanks. I have attached a few pictures. Can anyone tell if any work has been performed to this? The guy I bought it from said that he bought it at a small sop several years ago. I want this to last...
  14. Gravelyguy

Pictures of the Model 19 with questions

Hi guys, For people that have been following and helping me out with this beautiful receiver, thanks. I have attached a few pictures. Can anyone tell if any work has been performed to this? The guy I bought it from said that he bought it at a small sop several years ago. I want this to last...
  15. Gravelyguy

Marantz Model 19 knob source

Hi Guys, I am really loving this receiver. It came without the original speaker selector knob. Does anyone know of a source for a replacement? There is a split knob on eBay right now. I tried contacting the seller but have not received a reply any other ideas? I would love to get this back to...
  16. Gravelyguy

My AU is looking a little sad with the new receiver in the house

Last weekend I picked up Marantz Model 19 in a gear trade. I have never owned any Marantz gear before. After cleaning it up a bit, I put it in my main system. This is such a nice receiver that does everything so well. I spent one night just listening to albums and it was a treat. Last night...
  17. Gravelyguy

Model 19 help needed

Hi Guys, I got the 19 set up with my main rig and am seeing some strange things happening that I am hoping people can help me trouble shoot. The strangest thing is that when I turn my cassette deck on when I am not listening to it, the volume decreases. It is fine if I am playing a tape...
  18. Gravelyguy

Joined the Marantz club: new owner of a Model 19

Hi Guys, I have never owned any Marantz gear, but this one fell into my lap tonight and I couldn't refuse. With the little I have been able to listen to it I am quite impressed. It is a very smooth sounding receiver. It plays way beyond it's 50 watts and the phono section seems quite nice...
  19. Gravelyguy

Trade Pioneer pl 630 for Marantz Model 19 Receiver

Hi Guys, I have a chance to trade my pl 630 which is in nice but not perfect cosmetic condition and runs flawlessly for a Marantz Model 19 receiver. It is supposed to be in working order but has one knob that is not original. I know the 19 is rare but have no real idea if this is a good...
  20. Gravelyguy

Atec Lansing Granada's?

Hi Guys, I was able to listen to a pair of Granada's for a short time last weekend. Room and placement were not ideal as these are very heavy and I didn't want to drag them up the stairs to my listening room. Anyway, in the little time I got to hear them I was very impressed. Just wondering...
  21. Gravelyguy

G 9000 is it worth the trouble?

Hi Guys, I have the chance to pick up a G 9000 for a decent price. The catch is that it is quite a drive and the owner says it won't power up and thinks all it needs is a new fuse. I am guessing there is more to it than that. Advice? Dave
  22. Gravelyguy

Any using an Empire 2004 cartridge?

Hi Guys, I have been putting this through the paces on my H/K t60 and am enjoying it. It has a little different sound then my m91ed. It is not quite as warm sounding, but seems a little cleaner sounding. Not much info on this cart. I gather that it is an Empire 2000 variant but don't know...
  23. Gravelyguy

Sony quartz lock troubles

Hi Guys, I recently acquired a Sony PS FL5. Cosmetically it is in great shape, but it does have a couple of issues. It is an auto and when I press play, it tries to turn but doesn't. If I manually start it turning it will keep going. When it is going it noticeably pulses. I moved the...
  24. Gravelyguy

Elac Miracord 50h and H/K t60 comparison

Hi Guys, I picked up a Sony ps fl 5 tt this weekend. The guy I bought it from threw in a Teac RTR and a Elac Miracord 50h. Well, the Sony has some speed issues that I am hoping a good cleaning will take care of. There was something about the 50h that kept calling me. I did a little cleaning...
  25. Gravelyguy

Sony ps fl5c thoughts

Hi Guys, I am going to go take a look at one and wondering if anyone has any insights. I did a search and came up with very little. There were a few references to the fl5 but none talked about the sound quality. Anyone have one of these cool looking tables? Dave
Back
Top Bottom