Search results

1. wildone

How much and when did you pay for your Heathkit Williamson series amps (W1, W2, W3 ..

I bought a W2 a couple months back for $30 Nice condition but i have not done anything with it yet. Wildone
  2. wildone

Speakerlab experts plse....

You can find them on the local list, I bought and sold 3 pair in the last year. There was a pair on there right a few days ago. As for the Dif, Well the 7s have way more bass. Wildone
  3. wildone

Speakerlab question

Wrong Here is the thread about mine. http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=370129 Yes these are the K-horn parts the woofer is the same except that is was designed for a sealed box. I have this same pair! Mine were built by a tech at Speakerlab in the early 70's, As...
  4. wildone

Fisher 460-A schematic needed

That is the exact same one I have sitting right here next to me! I see they moved the WS-1 from the side to the top next to the speaker tabs. Just like mine. Mine say's it is a 460-A Wildone
  5. wildone

Ebay seller did the "Bait and switch"

I bought a tektronix 222 portable scope off the bay, It arrived today and it was not even the same machine I bought not only that the scope is so faint I cannot read anything. The wires for the probes have been cut and some connectors added. I called them and told them I was returning it because...
  6. wildone

Antique Sound Labs PP-2 Schematic?

I was at our local electronics shop a few months ago and found sitting on a shelf a "Empty" Antique sound labs PP-2 Pre-amp chrome chassis in perfect condition. But it was stripped. Nothing but the case. All labels are intact. It used 4 tubes but I cannot find any info on this unit and wanted to...
  7. wildone

Someone grab these Quick!

If I could I would snag these Now! Pair-Vintage-Harman-Kardon-Prelude-6V6-Mono-Tube-Amplifiers http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-Vintage-Harman-Kardon-Prelude-6V6-Mono-Tube-Amplifiers-Very-Good-Cond-/121057386021?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item1c2f951e25 Not mine but would be if I could. Wildone
  8. wildone

J.N. Stills 70 watt integrated amp

Great job! I have been watchin since the start. I am a Noob so I had nothing to offer but I felt your pain all the way as I have done the same thing on a few projects. Having great help like you did can only make more people want to try a hand. I built a project totally backwards cuz I was...
  9. wildone

Dynaco Mark III/kt88 scratch build

I cannot see why you could not build one power chassis and two mono output chassis? In my build I have to use 2 transformers. One for Ea. mono. But the power chassis is going to be just one and feed both. I am worried about weight. Just the two UTC power trannys are 52lb total. Wildone
  10. wildone

12V @ 40A Variable DC Supply?

I have a Lambda here that is 0-18v and 0-35A got it off the bay a long time ago. I would be willing to part with it as it was used for designing brushless motors for the Hobby Ind, And since I do not do that anymore I really do not need it. Wildone
  11. wildone

Whats a pr of Speaker Labs standard 7s worth.

being from Seattle and knowing these brand speakers very well I would say "Buy Them" These are ROCK speakers. they will deliver the music at ear piercing levels. The bass is awesome and very hard hitting. My favorite speakers of all time. Around here they can go from $150-300 a pair. I have a...
  12. wildone

8417 output stereo amp build

Nice project, Makes me want to get back on my 2 mono/stereo 250 watt amps I started. As for weight! I hear you. I have to build separate power supply's just because of the weight. Wildone
  13. wildone

Dual trace scope for DIY

+2 on the 465B W/DMM44 VM
  14. wildone

Dollars and Sensi: Trade for Record Player

You need to move here! We got it right. WildOne
  15. wildone

cap analyzer

What do you all think of this unit? http://eds-inc.com/cap.html Also found one of these AUDIO ANALYZER,RMS/PEAKER POWER,MEAN/PEAK dB http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10001_10001_2120815_-1 Thanks Wildone
  16. wildone

I should not be bummed! But I am

Yesterday I was looking around on the bay and found a Huntron Tracker for sale buy it now for $59 + $10 shipping. In good condition and working order. The phone was ringing in the other room so I got up and went to answer it! Came back a few min, later and pushed the Buy it now button to find...
  17. wildone

Sprauge TO-5 Tel-Ohmike

Hi, I just picked up a nice TO-5 and was reading the manual. It says it is capable of turns ratio. So as I gather it is able to figure out the winds and and impedance. (Capacitor analyzer and turns ratio bridge) Anyone use this feature? I have a few transformers I need to figure out. Thanks...
  18. wildone

Need a 460A OT ?????

Derekav I have a 460A sitting here I can trade you for something? Wildone
  19. wildone

finally !!!

I have been looking for a nice pre-amp and have been looking every day on the list for something worth getting. Last night a Mcintosh C-11 came on for $225, Just what I wanted to pay for one :yes: So this morning I drive 50 miles and pick it up! Very nice unit. I will bench it to see what is...
  20. wildone

Show Us Your Tube / Repair Bench for a small space

Is that a pair of fisher mono's or sansui Q-50s sitting on the shelf? Wildone
  21. wildone

5 Heathkit w7s

I know, You should see the comments I have gotten over in the tube section! I am going for as much power as I can get. I want to heat up the house with these next winter. These will 225w mono or 112w stereo ea. I will be running them as 225w mono's These are some very, I say again...
  22. wildone

5 Heathkit w7s

I know it's a lot of power, I am doing for the WOW factor! I have most of the parts just need to get going on it. As for speakers, I have a custom pair of Speakerlab sealed monster speakers built with the K-Horn parts. At a 102db I do not think I need this much power. The 866s will look cool all...
  23. wildone

5 Heathkit w7s

the 2 modded ones were hooped up to increase power. They are pushing like 75 watts now. So I am told! Question is? Should I put this money into these amps. Or finish the 2 mono/stereo 225w tube amps I am custom building? Wildone
  24. wildone

5 Heathkit w7s

Hi, I have a chance to buy 5 Heathkit w7s, 2 have been modified and the others are stock. they all have the cage covers and seem to be in OK condition, they have been sitting on a shelf for like 20 years. Price! $400 for all 5 Is this a good deal you think? :scratch2: Thanks Wildone
  25. wildone

Any Seattle Speakerlab fans out there????

I have had a few pairs of the Speakerlab speakers. One pair I bought a few years ago was built by a speakerlab worker for his own use. These are monster speakers with the parts from the K-Horns. they are a sealed box and will shake the house. Here is a pic of them next to a set of Speakerlab 7s...
Back
Top Bottom