Search results

1. benjamin

Why British ?

This was recently posted on Sugden's FB page: The ‘British Sound’ Exporting our products to different countries around the world, we often hear the term ‘British Sound’. So what does it mean? We think it all began in the 60’s and early 70’s when the UK had an abundance of companies...
  2. benjamin

What's British in your system?

Sweet:thumbsup:
  3. benjamin

Line Magnetic Audio CD 515

I was speaking with a "all in one" store (HT/home automation/2 channel) store last week from Alberta and I asked which of the 3 has sustained his business and he said definitely 2 channel has consistently been his bread and butter and is the part of the business that keeps him going. So it is...
  4. benjamin

What speakers from the 70's or 80's are still made today?

Graham Audio is making BBC licensed LS3/5, LS5/9 and LS5/8. They've even hired Derek Hughes (he left Harbeth to work for Paul Graham). His Dad was one of the original owners of Spendor.
  5. benjamin

Line Magnetic Audio CD 515

I never like hearing about shops closing, it makes me nervous. However I know of 2 shops in Ontario that have recently opened...which gives me hope:)
  6. benjamin

Hello.....Again!

Thanks again, i appreciate the warm welcome back!
  7. benjamin

Hello.....Again!

Thanks everyone:)
  8. benjamin

Hello.....Again!

Thanks, I'll try to keep more active!
  9. benjamin

Hello.....Again!

I just noticed, my "little guy" in my avatar that I created when I joined is turning 16...LOL! I still like that pic though:)
  10. benjamin

Hello.....Again!

It's been a very long time since I've been active on AK.....way back when I even hosted a get together when we lived in Brampton. I think when I joined I was a hobbiest, then I opened Arcadia Audio soon after and was running it from my home for over a decade. However last year, I decided to...
  11. benjamin

Sonneteer Orton

I've really enjoyed following this conversation about the Orton. I have lots of experience with different speakers and Sonneteer (Penaudio are superb), but I was interested in your impressions with the Mark Audio drivers. I've had a sheet of 17mm Baltic birch here waiting to do a single driver...
  12. benjamin

Hello...again!

Thanks guys! have never left the audio scene, just doing different things, this past summer I accepted sales rep/agent positions with a number of lines for Canada and very recently the US. Its been an eye opener and a very interesting experience so far....most importantly its still fun to do:)
  13. benjamin

Selling My LS3/5A's and AB1's

The Graham Audio LS5/9 and LS5/8 are now available in the US/Canada with the LS3/5 due to arrive next month.
  14. benjamin

Hello...again!

Thanks! I'm just looking at my profile pic, and my little guy in the photo is 15 now and we have an 11yo daughter! I'll have to do some peeking around to see if I recognize some of the old names:)
  15. benjamin

Hello...again!

It's been a very long time since I've visited the AK site, glad to see its still a thriving community of audio enthusiasts!
  16. benjamin

Have you seen the Thorens TD 309?

That silver disc is actually a weight that's used to balance the table.
  17. benjamin

Toronto Meet - Jan 14, 2006

Unfortunately I have to send my regrets, a couple of deliveries and an audition have come up and I won't be able to make it. Unfortunately business doesn't wait!! I look forward to seeing the pics! Have Fun, Scott
  18. benjamin

CES 2006, anyone?

The show was great, but exhausting....lots of fun toys! Anyone else make it? Scott
  19. benjamin

I've just spent the last week at CES, if my wife lets me out, I'll stop by to say hello. I'll try to bring along something, maybe the new Roksan Radius5 turntable, who knows! Cheers, Scott
  20. benjamin

I'll still plan to stop by and say Hello! Scott
  21. benjamin

CES 2006, anyone?

1 week to go!
  22. benjamin

Toronto/Southern Ontario/ Western NY meet

Sounds like fun, I could bring along some different things if guys were interested. But the 7th won't work for me I'll be at CES. Scott
  23. benjamin

CES 2006, anyone?

Booked my plane ticket a few weeks ago...I'll be there :banana: I'll be taking my laptop and camera with me...I'll try to get a few pics posted for you guys to see. Scott
  24. benjamin

How to ground a phono pre-amp?

Well...its all fixed now! The symptoms were a hum and a horrible scratchy noise coming when an LP was played. I arrived was very perplexed as the styli looked in good condition, tried it grounded and then un-grounded...same thing. I tried one last thing before I was going to pack up the...
  25. benjamin

How to ground a phono pre-amp?

Thanks, The phono pre-amp does have a post for a ground, its the av receiver I'm concerned about. In my limitted experience with AV receivers, there is no ground screw. Scott
Back
Top Bottom