Search results

1. John Hukill

Rek-O-Kut K33H turntable self-lubricating hysteresis synchronous motor

I recently picked up one of these tables and was wondering if they need to be re-lubed? I'm not sure what the self lubricating means.Thanks.
  2. John Hukill

Allision Acoustics AL-115 speakers

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Allison-Acoustics-AL-115-Black-Speaker-Pair-2-Way-Floor-Standing-Loudspeaker-/331860176511 Is this a good price for these speakers?
  3. John Hukill

I gave my record a manicure...

A few years ago I picked up a .50 cent first pressing mono copy of The electric prunes/I had to much to dream last night. It was in real bad shape with a few deep scratches. I cleaned it with my spin clean and my nitty gritty 1.5 rcm and it was still pretty much unplayable. I was telling my...
  4. John Hukill

Led Zeppelin IV side one label on both sides.

I recently picked up a backup copy of Led Zeppelin IV that has the side one label on both sides of the record. On side one it has Porky in the dead wax and pecko duck on the other side... Would this be a rare record? Or are these common? Thanks...
  5. John Hukill

Pioneer S-UK3 Speakers

A few years ago I picked up a pair of these speakers. I can't find much information about these speakers.I did find this link... http://audio-database.com/PIONEER-EXCLUSIVE/speaker/s-uk3-e.html I do think they sound really good.I have them hooked up to a Fisher t-220 receiver.
  6. John Hukill

Mtv predicts the end of vinyl records

I thought this was kind of cool. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTDWZFA3Rdg
  7. John Hukill

Ortofon Cartridge Low Volume

I have tried this cartridge out on a few different turntables with the same results...(Low Volume).Also,I'm not sure of the id of this ortofon. The stylus guard does have F15 FF15 M1 Could this be the wrong...
  8. John Hukill

Lu Colombo & Maurizio Geri Swingtet Gina

Last night I was listening to a college radio station when this tune was played.Something about it sucked me in,maybe because it makes me smile everytime I listen to it...:D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoWFeQzv1es
  9. John Hukill

Just pick up a AR XA...

I found a AR XA for sale in good condition with the original box... It came with a Ortofon f 15 cartridge(I'm guessing that's the cartridge)... When I hooked it up the volume was a little low,so I switched it out with a shure m91ed and I must say it sounds fantastic...The Ortofon stylus has...
  10. John Hukill

Phono Pre Amp question

I have a Marantz 1060 amp with a built in phono amp. I've been looking at this ART II DJ phono preamp that runs about $40. Would it be worth my time and money to purchase one of these,or is running my turntable directly into the Marantz as good or better? I have one more question about a...
  11. John Hukill

VPI Record Cleaning Fluid Concentrate vs Nitty Gritty Pro 2

I need some insight on this one. I have a NG 1.5 and I have used up the 4oz bottle that came with it. A half gallon of the pure 2 will run close to $50 after shipping,I can get a bottle of the vpi concentrate for around $25 bucks that makes 1 gallon. I'm not interested in doing a home brew.I do...
  12. John Hukill

Does anyone know what this is?

I hope someone here on AK knows what this is and how to use it. The numbers listed are 2 to 6g. Thanks for any information.:thmbsp:
  13. John Hukill

When Playing a record with alot of surface noise?

When playing a record with alot of surface noise,but with no skipping,would it be better to track with lower tracking weight or heavier weight?Right now I'm playing a record that has alot surface noise,and I have the tracking force set just below 1.0,it seems to sound a little better.I normally...
  14. John Hukill

Dwhite Yoakam 3 Pears

I picked this one up last Saturday on vinyl...Wow what a great album! Anyone else gave this one a listening too? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3_Pears
  15. John Hukill

Nitty gritty 1.5 Cleaning System

Today I purchased a Nitty Gritty 1.5 Record Cleaning System. I also own a spin clean that I really like,but I feel like I needed a vacuum to go along with the cleaning.I did make my own vacuum but it was to much trouble. One of the biggest reasons I wanted the NG is because I like the...
  16. John Hukill

If you had your pick of one of these three turntables?

If you had your pick of one these three turntables which one would you pick? Sansui sr-929. Micro Seiki dd-40 Dual cs-5000
  17. John Hukill

Micro Seiki dd-40

I picked up a Micro Seiki dd-40 turntable. It had a few problems. 1.The Dust Cover is missing. 2.The counter weight is missing. 3.The Arm lift/elevator is missing. 4.It came with a Signet 1Ea cart with broken stylus. 5.It was real dirty. I cleaned it up real good.I took the counter...
  18. John Hukill

Rubber Soul Orange Capitol Label Error.

The other day I picked up a copy of Rubber Soul on the orange Capitol label SW-2442. This morning I noticed that it has the side one label also on side two. Does anyone know if these pressings are common? The vinyl is in great shape and sounds amazing! From what I could tell this is what I...
  19. John Hukill

Philips GA 212

I picked this table up a few months ago.I paid $25 for it. When I powered it up there were a couple of bulbs out(33/45). I put a album on and at 33 rpm it played real slow,at 45 rpm it played at 33 rpm speed. So I ordered the replacement bulb kit from the guy on ebay that comes with four new...
  20. John Hukill

Sansui 5000x dial mechanism

I have a Sansui 5000x receiver. The dial mechanism string came off.I put it back on using the diagram from the service manual.The A.M. stations are setup fine but the F.M. is backwards.If I have it on 105.1 I am getting 92.7.or something like that! Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong...
  21. John Hukill

Miida 3125 Receiver

I recently picked up a Miida 3125 receiver. Does anyone have any information about this receiver? It's clean and in mint condition. It has a nice warm sound and the tuner seems to pick up good. It's a nice little pick up for a receiver that from what I gather is not top of the line. I paid $50...
  22. John Hukill

New Guy...

Hey All.My name is John and I love vintage Turntables... I have from top to bottom... A Sansui Sr-929 A Thorens Td-160 A Dual Cs-5000 A Dual 1226 A Dual 1214 A Elac Mirachord 40a A Pioneer Pl-112d and a few more... As I get more into AK I will show and tell more of my finds.... My...
Back
Top Bottom