Search results

1. Badco67

Fun Factoid Of The Day

No matter where you go......there you are.
  2. Badco67

Why so many lost remote control units?

This is an ironic post for me. I just made an offer on an E-bay listing for a Luxman R-117 remote. Mine was the only offer on the listing that was ending in an hour, at that time. Still waiting to hear if it was accepted.
  3. Badco67

Klipsch Modifications

Yeah, I found it kind of puzzling. They just sounded dull and lifeless and, to me at least, there was a marked loss of detail. Not what I was expecting, for sure. Without th braces I think they sound very dynamic.
  4. Badco67

Klipsch Modifications

....lol!
  5. Badco67

Klipsch Modifications

So I tried this on my Cornwalls, per our talking about it when I ordered my SMAHLS from you. It made them sound dull and detail was not as sharp and clear. Needless to say, the braces came out. The SMAHLS on the other hand....love them!
  6. Badco67

Let's see your modded Klipsch Heritage Speakers!

Got mine for my Cornwalls and could'nt be happier!
  7. Badco67

Having issue with my SMSL SU-9n

Thanks, I'll give the Deoxit a try.
  8. Badco67

I've tried different settings beyond what my initial setup was and the sources have not changed either. Thanks, I hope I can get it solved.
  9. Badco67

Yes, I have always used USB. Have had this DAC since last December and problem started about 3 weeks ago
  10. Badco67

My SMSL SU-9n has developed an issue where after about a half hour the it starts to cut out constantly. I ran the signal to my computer without it and the problem goes away. I then hooked up my old Dacmagic 100 and there is no problem. Just wondering if anyone has had this issue.
  11. Badco67

About to pull trigger on purchase of set of Cornwall's any info or advise ?s

My Cornwall 1's are like that, one square magnet and one round. Thought one was replaced, but apparently this was a common thing.
  12. Badco67

A friendlier place :0)

Next week will be 11 years since I joined this site and, as you can see, I have never posted much. I just felt I have never really had much to contribute but plenty to learn. The knowledge I've gained about this hobby by you folks has been invaluable! I check in every day and plan to keep...
  13. Badco67

Yamaha R-S700, this thing kicks butt!

I posted about this reciever, looking for any info on it as I was going to look at one, about a month ago. There was pretty much no response on it. Anyway, I ended up buying it, the seller was Tom who used to own Vintage Hi-Fi of Pittsburgh. At 100 watts per channel, it sounds great with my...
  14. Badco67

Yamaha R-S700

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this reciever. There is one for sale locally and just trying to get some input on it. Thanks!
  15. Badco67

Mike Nesmith has passed….

We just saw him on the Monkees Farewell tour last month. I have to admit, he really did look very frail. Did not expect to hear this tho... Godspreed Mike.
  16. Badco67

Most recognizable bass lines

James Gang - It's All The Same
  17. Badco67

Fond memories of audio as a kid. What did you have?

I had one of these as my first stereo. General Electric V931P Wildcat portable record player. This one in the picture is on Craigslist now and near me. Thinking about going and looking at it. Great memories of listening to Steppenwolf and Jimi Hendrix on it back then.
  18. Badco67

What tickets are in your pocket? (What's the next concert you are headed to?)

The Monkees farewell tour, tomorrow night, Nov 1st.
  19. Badco67

My first step into the world of tubes. New to me Pilot 1060B.

The 12AX7's are indeed Telefunken's. I did see elsewhere about being carefull with the lettering on them. Thanks for the tip!
  20. Badco67

Thank you Dswankey! I had actually read both of those as they were some of the little info I could find.
  21. Badco67

The control panel on the side is the panel that originally went around the controls on top. It's fake and made to look functional and is velcroed on. It mimic's the real controls on top. Makes it look more finished.
  22. Badco67

For my first tast of tubes, I bought this Pilot 1060B amp that was pulled from the original portable set-up. I got it from a fellow AK member, but I forgot to ask what he goes by on here..duh! Other than the feet and 5 way binding posts he added, it's all original. I took the control panel and...
  23. Badco67

Chronology of Speakers you've owned?

Yep, they were T1000's.
  24. Badco67

Chronology of Speakers you've owned?

Small Speakers:Realistic Minimus 7's RCA 40-5007's Baby Advent's Mini Advent's Big Speakers:Panasonic Thrusters (I know, I know...lol) Realistic Mach One's Sansui...
Back
Top Bottom