Search results

1. StevenZ

The Exposure Thread - Welcome Exposure Fans!

Soon to be Exposure owner here. My 3510 integrated lands on Thursday. Will be using it with Epos ES14n speakers. Very excited!
  2. StevenZ

B&C DE250 and "clones"

Hey folks, old thread I know. Hoping someone can help me find some replacement diaphragms for the Denovo DNA-360. Seems the compression drivers are long discontinued and I can't get an answer from Erich if he's got any replacement parts. I'd like to pick up some spare diaphragms if I can...
  3. StevenZ

LFD owners thread

Which one are you considering, Kray?
  4. StevenZ

What's old is new or is it? - Inspire Sweet 807 SET tube amp

Hi, unfortunately I didn't keep the 807. Best of luck in your search. If you're in the market for a fantastic amplifier, Kenny Russel over at GetDynaco.com can help you out. His amplifiers are truly wonderful.
  5. StevenZ

Poultrygeist's systems continue to evolve

Congratulations. How long is the wait?
  6. StevenZ

Audio Nirvana Alnico 15" Classic builds Open Baffle ?'s

Are you still enjoying this setup? Thinking of doing something similar with my 15s
  7. StevenZ

Show us your flea-watts amps!

nice builds!
  8. StevenZ

that’s surprising. Any plans to try the SMSL VMV A1?
  9. StevenZ

Epos Elan 15's on the way!

Digging up and old thread. I’ve long moved on from the Epos but hope to buy another pair when the brand is brought back hopefully next year. Seems Roy drove the brand into the ground these past few years. The quality seemed to decrease and there was zero innovation. Cheap cabinets with no...
  10. StevenZ

Great experience with Jordan Eikona 2 full range speaker

Looks great. Do you find those grills do any damage to the sound when inserted?
  11. StevenZ

Excellent!
  12. StevenZ

Happy Birthday StevenZ!

Thanks everyone!
  13. StevenZ

Show us your flea-watts amps!

Very nice! I love the aesthetics of that amp.
  14. StevenZ

Looks like a great start!
  15. StevenZ

Heed Elixir or Rega Brio-R (2017 Version)

I suggest listening to one before you commit. It could come off as a but too smooth and uninvolving as I've found. I suggest also looking at the Yamaha integrated amps.
  16. StevenZ

I haven't had the brio so I can't say.
  17. StevenZ

I totally understand. Will be watching. The DX3 is on my short list.
  18. StevenZ

Good idea. What are you hoping to gain from building this design over your open baffles?
  19. StevenZ

Sorry, nothing comes to mind except for maybe Unison Research Unico or whatever their current model is. I've read good reviews of it and it looks like a solid option. Or maybe try the Rogue Audio Sphinx or Croft Integrated. I've never heard any of those though so I'm probably not much help here.
  20. StevenZ

Also, if you're really hellbent on having separates, Stephen Sank can help here as well. I've used him when servicing my McIntosh MC250 and I know he offers a few modded preamplifiers that are supposed to be world beaters. His suggestions are solid and the results are far above the normal fray...
  21. StevenZ

Thanks for reaching out. So, I'm going to say, if you're looking for an integrated amplifier I've found that the Nakamichi TA-3A is an absolute fantastic performer. It's an old receiver but has some solid engineering inside it (Nelson Pass / Threshold circuit). However, to get the most out of...
  22. StevenZ

Help needed with Conrad Johnson PV12 preamp

Thanks. I talked with Bill Thalmann earlier and he offered to take the preamp in and perform a long list of upgrades to mine, as well as replace the tubes with ONLY East German which he found worked best. He told me the high pitched sound is oscillation in the 8-10khz range but he didn't know...
  23. StevenZ

Help needed with Conrad Johnson PV12 preamp

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I recently purchased one of these PV12L and am having the exact same issue as the OP. Same channel and everything, except yesterday the right channel's volume was reduced for a moment, so I swapped tubes and that evened out the output, then within a few hours...
  24. StevenZ

Show us your DIY speaker projects!

Thats good to hear. Not sure you remember me, but I dipped into the Hawthorne forum a few times way back when. Sure do miss that place.
Back
Top Bottom