Search results

1. Texas Audiot

Looking for a thread....

Thanks to all...Archguy you had it right. I must have transported from another thread because I sure did not remember the threads title to be exactly what the content was :rolleyes: . Looks like I need to pay more attention. The other threads had some gems of their own. Thanks again.
  2. Texas Audiot

Looking for a thread....

Hi all! Looking for a thread that is mainly photos of old Hi Fi ads. Over 200 pages. Really cool thread. Was there and enjoying myself tremendously. Computer decided it needed to restart and lost my way back. Don't remember the title of the thread. It was not titled old Hi Fi ads or similar...
  3. Texas Audiot

Thanks for the like on my comment. Sometimes I may come across as overly sarcastic...don't...

Thanks for the like on my comment. Sometimes I may come across as overly sarcastic...don't really mean to be. Thanks again.
  4. Texas Audiot

Dynaco Dynakit Stereo 70 -Fisher 80's - Heathkit - Tube Amps - White Rock BC - Online Auction

Mystery speakers? The black circles (grilles) tell the story EPI. It is spelled out clearly... (mostly). I believe that they used two full range drivers each, hidden under the EPI grilles.... Damn I am old ;). Somewhere about 1974 or 1975. Remember reading the brochure.
  5. Texas Audiot

ADS L420 help please

Possibly just driving them too hard? Wonderful speakers but they have their limits. It's just physics. :yes: Just a thought...
  6. Texas Audiot

Equalizer, yes or no?

All this back and forth about why and why not...nobody mentioned that OLDER ears may need some compensation regardless of equipment, room or how it was intended to be heard....just sayin'
  7. Texas Audiot

Tuner reception

You might try an antenna made for FIBERGLASS boats. They have virtually NO ground plane. Though I have never tried to receive stations 70 miles away with one either. Good luck. :yes:
  8. Texas Audiot

Looking for info on....

Summer CES (Chicago) 1977. Kenwood showed a new sign for dealers that was a "KENWOOD" infinity mirror that was lit with fiber optics. Probably THE coolest in store sign I have ever seen.:smoke: Was only sold (I believe) with accumulated ad monies in dealer accounts. Never actually saw one in a...
  9. Texas Audiot

Odd Power Switch--Should it Stop Me From Buying?

Hook speakers to "b" or whatever a,b or c? is not at the first ON position on the switch. Then turn the speakers on after any "thump". Should work well. Don't avoid the unit for this very minor issue.:yes:
  10. Texas Audiot

What's this receiver?

cassette deck? Looks like the tape controls for a cassette deck....trying to remember...maybe a Marantz or ? Will have to look up pics to be sure.:sigh:
  11. Texas Audiot

What is it and can I get it off???

Aluminum pot marks....ask your mom or grandma. The bane of dish washing and kitchens in the 50s and 60s. Used to advertize comet and ajax to get them out. NOT that I'd recommend that to get them off your receiver. My two cents....
  12. Texas Audiot

That feeling when you hurt something you love

Hi ymir... Saw this post and your follow ups. I can only suggest patience. The likelihood of that being the only damage is sadly, slight. I am concerned that if you bridge the foil with wire (which will work) you might then find the smoke that you really didn't find before. There will be...
  13. Texas Audiot

Kenwood KR-2400 fuse blows at power on

Congratulations Jeff.... Guess you can't really call yourself a NEWBIE any more! Survived a trial by fire... Great Job!!
  14. Texas Audiot

Manual Calibrating Dolby B

oscarko... While there are many highly knowledgeable people reading this forum my feeling is that you may be better served by posting this in the TAPE forum. There will be lots more heads there who are "tape centric" and there are more possibilities of getting info. The way I interpret the...
  15. Texas Audiot

Best looking VU meters: New or old

Don't forget these...
  16. Texas Audiot

Kr 9600 handles...

Am restoring 2 Kr 9600s....neither have handles and I have about given up on finding them. Have been looking around online for possible SUBSTITUTES. Need to know from someone who has one with handles where it can readily be checked... How wide are the original handles? Not the distance...
  17. Texas Audiot

Vintage receiver vs. my separates

chills... Just reading through the thread from the beginning....reading about the nostalgic feelings these wonderful machines bring....then seeing chicks photo...the chills ran freely through me...absolutely the perfect picture at the perfect time...I am lucky I didn't read this late at...
  18. Texas Audiot

Kenwood KR-9600 FM issue...

Probably the BEST... and most EXPERT mind on Audiokarma with regard to 9600s has responded and given several possible ideas. What is the response to the multipath switch? After you answer that question you will have a direction and you can then ask specific questions about what needs to be...
  19. Texas Audiot

Speakers from Denmark?

May be your subwoofer... Found this on the Speakerlab website.... http://www.speakerlab.com/catalog_05_1975_Spring.html page 12 Not sure how to post a link hope it works. Speakerlab at that time was buying its woofers from outside suppliers (later they built their own, mostly) It was very...
  20. Texas Audiot

I don't know what to do now.

Then there is always.... hold on to it (not much financial investment so far) and learn the basics on the same inexpensive unit you were going to learn on in the first place. :scratch2: Then you can, with lots of help on this site, repair the SX1250 and learn why the "old Classic" is one...
  21. Texas Audiot

Now have a pair of ADS L1530s...

to go with the 1230s, 910s, 690s and 420s and lots of lesser speakers. Yeah I guess you might say that I like ADS. Wish I could say they were a SCORE but they didn't come from GW or SA. Was wondering if anyone here may have an owners manual for the L1530s? Really would like to learn all I...
  22. Texas Audiot

Kenwood 700 Series

Really, really good if not the best ever..... Got mine new in 1977...have been Supremely pleased (sorry couldn't help it)....I am not able to say whether or not they are the best built or of the highest build quality or not. I know that they are damn good and I cannot imagine anything of higher...
  23. Texas Audiot

Will a KR 9600 have headphone output...

more time reveals.... finally had a chance to look at this unit more completely today....proper preamp out from another unit to power amp in produces lots of glorious sound. Speaker switching is iffy and internal pre amp output not seeming to get to power amp with jumper in place...Looks like...
  24. Texas Audiot

Speakerlab experts plse....

nexus...what you said is so true.... spent many hours (too many) in Speaker Lab showrooms...hoping I could somehow afford the K's....also fell in love with the 7's and S7's....one of the happiest times of my life listening and feeling the music in their stores...sat in Saturday morning speaker...
Back
Top Bottom