Search results

1. captrockstar

Pioneer PL-41 restoration coming along but a few issues

A friend of mine had a Pioneer PL-41 buried deep in a shipping container for years. There was moisture damage inside and he dug everything out and was throwing out a lot of things, including this Pioneer turntable. I told him I would take it and maybe see if I can get it going although I have...
  2. captrockstar

Help needed - voltage of Technics SP-10mkIII

I was hoping if someone could help me in how to find out if a Technics SL-10mkIII turntable ( not power supply/controller) is a 100v or 120v version. Would the serial number help reveal this? I have an opportunity to get a MKIII that does not have the power supply and there is no sticker or...
  3. captrockstar

Yamaha NS-670's speaker project

I recently picked up a pair of Yamaha NS-670 speakers at a local thrift store. I was aware of this series from Yamaha, but never saw or listened to a pair before. The first thing I noticed was how heavy and well built the enclosures were! They were beat up with scratches and a few broken grill...
  4. captrockstar

My SP-10MKII in all its glory!

Hands down my favorite turntable that I have ever owned! Acoustand Audio did the plinth and housing for the power supply, along with chassis restoration and painted black to match the plinth. There is an ease of use and enjoyment from playing albums on this tank of a turntable that I just...
  5. captrockstar

Just got an Empire 208 turntable yesterday!

Yesterday I went to my local record shop to get a few new albums and while there I noticed they had an empire 208 turntable for sale in their used hifi section in the back. I have always thought they were cool looking turntables and had looked at a few online over the years but never pursued...
  6. captrockstar

Newly acquired pair of Q-15's!!!

I just recently purchased a pair of Sansui Q-15's from Rick /aka Johnny Fever and couldn't be happier! It really was nice dealing with someone who knows and appreciates these early Sansui Tube amps as much as I do, and it showed in his packing job as well! Damn near bullet proof for safe...
  7. captrockstar

Technics EPA-100mkII template and mounting dimensions

Does anyone have the correct mounting dimensions for the EPA-100mkII tonearm? I have one and when trying to replace it on the armboard for my EPA-100, the dimensions are clearly different. Vinyl Engine only has info on the EPA-100 and internet search is coming up with nothing. THANKS in advance!
  8. captrockstar

Scored a Pioneer PL-550 today!!!

I scored this Pioneer PL-550 locally today! All original, with the original box, packing, manual, and original Pioneer PC-550e mkII cartridge that was supposedly sold with it. All in all in very good shape. The dust cover is also in near perfect condition with no scratches or cracks whatsoever...
  9. captrockstar

Need help identifying these Altec's

I have a line on 4 big Altec Lansing speakers which have N1285-8b dividing networks and 15" drivers with a long horn that comes out of the center of the driver. I am curious if anyone can help identify these for me? I will be picking these up this week. So far I have had no luck with...
  10. captrockstar

Has anyone seen a Sansui HF-R50 monoblock?

I came across an old Sansui catalog that mentions a tube monoblock HF-R50. There is no picture of one and a google search did not reveal anything. I was aware the HF-V60 and HF-L60 monoblocks but this one I've never heard about or seen. Anyone have pictures or info on this amp?
  11. captrockstar

Sansui PM-2020 restoration

I'm posting this tread about my very rare Sansui PM-2020 integrated tube amp which I sent off for a restoration and am looking for advice or suggestions from fellow AKers about what I am going through. Three years ago I purchased a Sansui PM-2020 integrated stereo tube. This model is...
  12. captrockstar

Can you guess this Sansui?

From the top.........?
  13. captrockstar

If I was forced to only own one turntable for the rest of my life......

This is the one I would keep and all others would have to go! My Technics SP-10mkII, Solid as a tank and delivers music better than any turntable I have ever owned.
  14. captrockstar

A Tall Glass of Sansui please!

I just got back my pair of Sansui HF-L60 monoblocks from Mike over at Hudson Valley HiFi and I am absolutely speechless of the sound quality coming from these babies. I own quite a lot of tube amps, and the bottom end on these is better than any tube amp I've owned. The music is so spacious...
  15. captrockstar

Leben CS300xs owners....

I just pulled the trigger on purchasing one of these integrated amplifers on the used market after researching / lusting for one for the past year. Being a Sansui tube gear collector, I guess you could say that I am very fond of Japanese audio although I do have a VPI 299d tube amp which I love...
  16. captrockstar

Yamaha YP-211 converting from semi-auto to manual.

I have a Yamaha YP-211 semi automatic turntable that I would like to make a manual turntable. I am keeping everything original, but wanted to see how to go about disconnecting the auto feature while using the existing original tonearm and not disabling the power to the turntable. Since there is...
  17. captrockstar

Technics EPA-100 tonearm cable suggestions

I am in the process of putting together a Teac TN-400 turntable with a Technics EPA-100 tonearm in a custom plinth. While the plinth is being built by a local woodworker I wanted to reach out to fellow AKer's for opinions on a cable upgrade from the original that came with the EPA-100. I will...
  18. captrockstar

Sansui HF-V60 tube Monoblock

Just got this nice little Sansui Monoblock the other day. Looking forward to having this restored and back in action. Hopefully I can find another one to use with it, but until then I think I will use it with the center channel out on the 1000a to power another speaker. Any fellow AKer's...
  19. captrockstar

Replacement Meter lamps for BA 5000

I was wondering if someone could help me find replacement meter lamps for my Sansui BA 5000??? I just had it professionally restored back to spec but my tech was unable to find original lamps or ones that were equivalent with the same green color. It works beautifully and the sound is...
  20. captrockstar

Calling all Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum owners

A question for all you Cronus Magnum owners out there. Has any of you used this tube integrated amp as a preamp with either a SS or Tube power amp? The reason I ask is because Ive searched the internet and can't seem to find anyone talking of doing this. I have owned one of these...
  21. captrockstar

Onkyo CP-1130F damaged.....

I just got a Onkyo CP-1130F and the seller left the counter weight on during shipping. As you can see the counter weight broke the end of the tonearm and it now sags. It still works, but seems to have trouble tracking a record towards the end. My question is, is this an easy fix? or worth...
  22. captrockstar

What size LEDs do you use for upgrades?

Just curious what size LEDs have people used on Yamaha, Nikko & Onkyo receivers & tuners when doing the bulb conversions? I have a source for the leds but I see 3mm, 5mm, 8mm, and 10mm sizes. Is there one that is prefered, if so why? I plan on keeping the colors the same as the originals, yamaha...
  23. captrockstar

JVC SRP-471E Motor Grommets needed

I have a JVC SRP-471E TT that is in mint condtition other than the motor grommets being completly shot! I have searched high and low for these on the internet for months and have come up empty handed. Just curious if anyone has or could point me in the right direction to finding these. Any help...
  24. captrockstar

Thorens TD 124 tonearm recommendations?

Hello all! Ive been kind of a lurker here, reading up on the weath of info and ideas from this community for a while now. I have been addicted to collecting vintage audio for a few years but still feel like a newbie on certain topics so cut me some slack if I say something that doesnt sound...
Back
Top Bottom