Search results

1. SicMan

KA-9100 Project

Instead of disassembling the pot drill a very small hole in the square pots(volume) then spray fader lube in and work the knob. Then seal with silicon or whatever. I did this a lot on a ton of these assemblies and works fine. I usually take the TA100's out and clean them and the heatsink, then...
  2. SicMan

Charred Filter Cap Terminal On KR-9600. What does that indicate?

Just a note, that bottom plate can short out the terminal/s or cut in to the wires. It's sharp on the edges. Be careful putting it back on. Joh M
  3. SicMan

Need Kenwood ka recommendations

The KA-9100 (KA-9150) has a very good preamp section.
  4. SicMan

KENWOOD KR-9600

FYI There is a whole thread on replacement amp bds for this. also some other methods. Search on TA200 or replacement fpr TA-200. Something along that line, :beerchug: John M
  5. SicMan

Infinity Q3 Restoration

The parts list is wrong but the part numbers are correct
  6. SicMan

Happy Birthday SicMan!

Thanks peeps ... woooooooooo
  7. SicMan

Please Help Troubleshooting KR-9600

This is what I did for the LEDs I used on the 9600. I found I needed a higher wattage resistor and lower resistance. Check this thread https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/kr-9600-speaker-thump-after-led-upgrade-fix.950565/
  8. SicMan

Ka9100 out of balance…

A scope would come in handy here, but if you can take the pre-out and put it into another amp to see if the volume level is different that will isolate the problem to the pre section or the amp section. Need to use the separate switch. John
  9. SicMan

Dead and Neglected KR-9600

Back at your voltage readings. The Hi voltage should be +/- 65 to 67 VDC. This could be measured on the large main cap leads. John
  10. SicMan

Mcintosh parts

Thanks, I got the correct schematic from McIntosh. I sent them the serial number and they sent the correct schematic. John
  11. SicMan

Kenwood KR-9600 Upgrade, Mods and Restoration

Just a note here on the regulator board. I had a problem with the relays kicking out when the 9600 warmed up. Traced it to the reg bd 34v dc drifting up a few hundred millivolts. rebuilt the reg board and used 5 watt resistors. I use MJE15032G and MJE 15033G 50 watt xistors I usually use the...
  12. SicMan

KSA1220AYS is DISCONTINUED--make your bulk purchases ASAP

you guys must be the people that hoarded the toilet paper. and haven't even used it yet. sheech
  13. SicMan

KR9600 Amp board re-cap question

You'll be fine with those. John
  14. SicMan

Mcintosh parts

I know. I’ve been working on stereo since 1969. And if you don’t mind I’d like to know more about the parts availability if I happen to get any more of these for repair. the outputs on the right channel are bad and I have to trace a distorted signal.
  15. SicMan

Mcintosh parts

Hi peeps. Does anyone have a cross reference list for components on the amp boards on a Mcintosh MA6100 ? TIA John
  16. SicMan

MA 6100 outputs

Thanks. I found the fuse for the +volts bad and checked further and found outputs bad. Still need to check the drivers before etc. John
  17. SicMan

MA 6100 outputs

I have the MA6100 in for repair with blown right channel output transistors. Has anyone substituted the output transistor on the ma6100? If so what was used. Thanks in advance. John
  18. SicMan

KA-9100, What To Do?

Or change over to the metal covers.. If all else fails. I have multiple sets of them. John PS" I may have a speaker terminal panel replacement that is good. I'll check my parts units.
  19. SicMan

Question MA 6100

Thanks
  20. SicMan

Question MA 6100

Is the red indicator showing the unit is in protection? User manual says nothing about it? Or is that the power indicator? This one is new to me. thanks John
  21. SicMan

Kenwood KR-9060

same thing just the switch and I believe the transformer is different. The issues would be the same as the 9600, if working good and not running hot this is a good unit, The FM has good reception and the frequency response should go up pretty high and good base. I've worked many of these 9600s...
  22. SicMan

Kenwood KR-9600 Noob Restore

Sounds like the amp board needs a rebuild or a TA200W replacement. John
  23. SicMan

Happy Birthday SicMan!

Thanks all :music::smoke:
  24. SicMan

question about Watkins 12"

The Q3's have a port in the back for the midrange bass driver. Not a sealed cab. Watkins woofs are 2ohm and 4 ohm (dual coil) The Kappa 8.1's would need too much work to incorporate them, and the design was for the woofers installed in the Kappa's anyway.
  25. SicMan

KR-9600 with Pre Amps

FYI: The caps in the 9600 are not soldered to a PCB board, they are in the 9100..
Back
Top Bottom