Search results

1. tanker 200

What to power Khorns with, Sansui G8700DB or AU-555A ?

I recently acquired a pair of Khorns and plan on bringing them into the livingroom as soon as my gf goes out for the day (I'll have to re arrange a few things). They'll replace a pair of Dahlquist DQ-20's and M&K subwoofer and I was planning on powering them with the G-8700 but I've been...
  2. tanker 200

Free speakers, should I get them?

Saw an ad for a free set of large speakers, should I get them? I did and they are. http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/klipschorns-in-a-volvo-wagon.829481/
  3. tanker 200

Klipschorns in a Volvo wagon?

Going to pick up a pair of Klipschorns and wondering if they'll fit in a Volvo 240 wagon? Was planning on taking my pick up but the weather looks questionable, Girlfriend asked if they'll fit in the Volvo, I don't think so with a moving dolly. No rack on the car.
  4. tanker 200

The living room system as of right now

I posted my loft system not long ago and figured I'd show my main system. On top is a Sansui G-8700DB I bought in 1980 followed by A Sherwood turntable Sony CDP-C77ES 5 disc CD player Technics SH-8055 EQ JVC TD-V531 3 head cassette Sony CDP-610ES CD player Aiwa AD-F780 3 head cassette deck...
  5. tanker 200

TU-9500 saved from the recycler

I stopped at the dump the other day just as someone was dropping off a TU-9500, It has two small scratches but otherwise it's in very nice shape. I only have it connected to a pair of rabbit ears right now but it's dead quiet, receives distant stations I never new existed, and most in the 75...
  6. tanker 200

the latest version of my loft system

My GF was out for a couple hours the other day and I had some time to add the new tuner to the upstairs/loft system, This is a second system in the office/workbench/guest bedroom/closet area that distracts me when I try to do paperwork or make phone calls. My plan was to just clean up some of...
  7. tanker 200

ESS 620 MM Bookshelf speakers

I Saved these from the scrap pile the other day, They need new Passive radiators but otherwise they're in nice shape. They have a 1" dome tweeter (from BravoX), and a 5.25" cast frame woofer with rubber surrounds, I don't know who made them but they share a part number with the mids from AR-94's...
  8. tanker 200

Standing next to my new AR-5's my DQ-20's don't look as big as they once did

I recently picked up a free pair of big speakers, They are very well built, weigh about 80 pounds each, and luckily they have a nice set of casters to roll them around. When I opened them up I found a pair of unfinished AR-5's in mint condition I have them connected to a Marantz Home...
  9. tanker 200

NW Washington collection for only $25,000

From CL, No affiliation http://skagit.craigslist.org/ele/5582890347.html Selling off BY APPOINTMENT ONLY a huge collection of vintage stereos, turntables, classic radios, boom boxes, speakers, rack systems, etc. 1000's of Records, Tapes & more. Bose, JBL, Pioneer, Marantz, Harmon Kardon...
  10. tanker 200

Proton AL-205

Last year I saved a Proton AL-205 from the scrap pile, It had some water damage to the enclosure and the surround was rotted but it was heavy, Had an interesting 5" woofer with a rigid (Kevlar?), and a 3/4" dome tweeter with a real crossover inside So I thought It would be good for parts. Last...
  11. tanker 200

Using a G-8700DB with 4 ohm Dahlquist DQ-20's, Am I looking for trouble?

I've had my 8700 since about 1980, I've always used 8 ohm speakers but recently saved a nice pair of DQ-20's that needed to be refoamed from the scrap pile and am using them with a Velodyne HGS-18 subwoofer, Am I looking for trouble using 4 ohm speakers?
  12. tanker 200

Telefunken Klangbox RB-70, Ever listen to them?

I picked up a set of Telefunken Hi-Fi Klangbox RB-70 speakers a few weeks ago and just recently put them in the kitchen, Replacing a pair of Advent 3's. They're connected to a 40?wpc JVC receiver and I'm highly impressed, They sound great, Much better than the Advents ever did. They seem to be...
  13. tanker 200

Another Denon DRA-697CL stuck in protection mode

I recently picked up a free Denon DRA-697CL I knew of the problems Denon's of this vintage had but it looked well built and was fairly heavy so I thought I'd take a chance. Well as I thought it has problems, It turns on then goes into protection mode, tried resetting it, but that didn't work...
  14. tanker 200

Dynakit 70, Restore, Update/Mod, or sell and start fresh

I was just given a Dynakit 70 and preamp (along with a Heathkit 161 and Newcomb 1020) in pretty tough shape and wondering what to do with it. I've thought about buying a tube amp and since parts are so readily available this one might be a good to start with. The chassis has some rust but it is...
  15. tanker 200

ESS AMT 6 NW WA. craigslist

No affiliation, Just found these interesting. Extremely Rare ESS Heil AMT Speakers - $750 Model AMT 6 Speakers from the 1970's originally purchased from audio engineer at ESS factory. Non-sequential serial numbers (one has 1/4" phono input, the other banana). Replaced woofers and...
  16. tanker 200

Fisher 504 Seattle CL

No affiliation Past Fishers glory days, But still TOTL and a fairly uncommon Quad http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/ele/4590110980.html
  17. tanker 200

Seattle Cl possible score

I see a Sansui G-7700? and more http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ele/4587409295.html no affiliation
  18. tanker 200

Focal dual voice coil bookshelf speakers

I picked up a nice little pair of bookshelf speakers today, they're about 10" x 7" x 5" and weigh 10 pounds each. When I opened them up I found a 5" Focal with dual voice coils ((model 5N402db) a very nice crossover and a 50 mm Jordan module as a tweeter. The crossovers appear to be...
  19. tanker 200

Bose 301 upgrades

I have two sets of original 301's (with the single tweeter) in storage, One later set that just needs the woofers refoamed, and an early set (without the light bulb) that needs both woofers (they were replaced) and tweeters (I blew them). I thought it would be fun to upgrade speakers and caps...
  20. tanker 200

Seattle craigslist, could be a score

no affiliation and too far away Old stereo stuff (JVC Akai KEF Teac) http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ele/4525439031.html Spring cleaning... Old stereo gear. Everything works except Harmon Kardon amp leaning on speaker. Have a big closet full of this stuff - any ideas? $100.00
  21. tanker 200

dbx Soundfield V, Straight from the DAK catalog

I picked up these beauties the other day for free and was not impressed but figured I could always take them back. They're made of particle board with 15" woofers, 8" mid woofers (needing surrounds and not the closed back like the originals if it ever had them), a couple mid ranges on top and a...
  22. tanker 200

McIntosh rack Seattle craigslist

No affiliation Very nice vintage rack http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ele/4462963118.html MCINTOSH MR-77 fm tuner, C-28 PRE AMP, MC-2105 AMP, REVOX A77 REEL TO REEL B&O BEOGRAM-4002. MCINTOSH REVOX REEL TO REEL IS FLUSH MOUNTED IN A 48'' W X 77''HIGH X 21 D 4 DOOR CABINET ALSO...
  23. tanker 200

Lots of wood and silver faces, Maybe something works. Seattle craigslist

No affiliation. Lots of 70's stuff, some of it might even work. http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/ele/4449948828.html
  24. tanker 200

Taking my G-8700DB out of storage after 5 years.

I've had a G-8700DB since 1979 and have never had anything done to it, I'm going to put it back into service after being in storage for 5 years, anything else it needs besides a good cleaning with DeoxIT (which it needed before)?
  25. tanker 200

Taking the G-8700DB out of storage again

I pulled my 8700 out the other day and besides most of the switches needing a good cleaning (Deoxit?) the tuner knob doesn't spin as freely as it once did. It's so tight I'm afraid of stripping the knob, it still works but I haven't moved it much until I can open it up. Any ideas what is binding...
Back
Top Bottom