Search results

1. satellite65

Cable TV Problem

We have Xfinity TV and Internet. Cable from street goes to Xfinity supplied splitter. From splitter 1 goes to computer modem, and 3 go to TV's, one with a large cable box and two with small cable boxes. One of the TVs with a small cable box quit working last week. TV displays a "no video"...
  2. satellite65

LED house lights - turn on delay

When we moved in a few years ago there was a 4 light fixture with non-replaceable LEDs that took about 10 seconds to light up after flipping the switch. Recently the LED bulbs in the range hood started to develop a 1-2 second turn on delay sometimes. Last week I replaced the foyer light and...
  3. satellite65

Velodyne Miniv Sub Service Info

I'm looking for schematics and service manual for a Velodyne Miniv sub. Main fuse is blown along with what looks like a little thermistor between the output transistors and the toroid. Physically broken film cap on other edge of board...
  4. satellite65

Workbench pictures

I happened to see a picture here somewhere that had a PC set up next to an electronics bench. It reminded me that I had an old W7 PC that I could set up in my shop. Decided to put it on my scope cart since modern scopes are much smaller. Made a kb/mouse extension from some spare wood. Now I...
  5. satellite65

Another pleasant transaction with jeanmarie

Great to deal with both times. Good communication, on time, nice guy. Thanks!
  6. satellite65

Old towels

Anyone else prefer ratty old bath towels? I hate new towels because they repel water instead of absorbing it until you wash them a hundred times and they start fraying.
  7. satellite65

Pointless use of technology

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.autoblog.com/amp/2023/09/25/ford-the-first-oem-to-offer-digital-license-plate/ Why, other than a status symbol? Way too expensive, and a subscription to boot... And when the crooks figure out how to hack it they can change plate numbers on the run.
  8. satellite65

What are these MicroTowers?

I saw these in a FB group and nobody there has been able to ID them yet. They have EPI MicroTower logos, but I've never seen this model, and couldn't find it on the Human Speakers website. Size wise they seem similar to MT-2, but they appear to have all drivers on one side. All of the MT's...
  9. satellite65

Odd problem with F150 audio systems

https://www.autoblog.com/amp/2023/08/24/ford-f150-lound-noises-crashing-sounds/ Wonder what's causing this...?
  10. satellite65

NHT 1.8

Last thing I need is more speakers, but these look interesting and are minutes away. I know nothing about NHT's.
  11. satellite65

Battlebots

Huge went 4-0 with a smattering of its copy starchild. Mouser is its only sponsor.
  12. satellite65

Awnings or mylar roller shades

We have a lot of glass on the west wall of our main living space, and some on the South wall. That area gets much hotter than the rest of the house when the sun is out. My wife's parents (no longer with us) had reflective/transparent black mylar roller shades on the sunny side of their last 2...
  13. satellite65

Switch for toaster oven

I was making toast this morning in our Kitchen Aid KCO211BM toaster oven. The timer started counting down from about 3 minutes as usual. First time I looked it was down to about a minute and a half. Next glance it was at 4+ minutes so I shut it off. The display changed to toast settings as...
  14. satellite65

HP PC Warranty - Scam? Coincidence?

A few days ago, my HP desktop PC popped up a message that my warranty is expiring. I assume they wanted to sell me an extended warranty, but I dismissed the pop-up instead of following the link. Today in the middle of a Windows update the screen went blank and a BIOS type of message popped up...
  15. satellite65

SA-9500II now a Bias issue

I've had this amp on a shelf for many years. I re-capped it a few years ago just before moving. I put it on the bench recently to check it out and found that the left channel is weaker than the right channel. About half as loud, or maybe less... A note in my service manual verified that it...
  16. satellite65

Patriot Ceiling Fan - Convert from remote control to wall switch?

This spring I installed two Patriot ceiling fans, both of which are controlled by wireless remote control. My wife and I both find the remote control to be a PITA, and we want to convert them to wall switch control (Lutron MACL-LFQH which works great on our pull-chain Hunter fan). I thought it...
  17. satellite65

48 Minimus speakers Pleasant Prairie Wi.

No affiliation. Wasn't sure how to link this so here's a screenshot.
  18. satellite65

Grandkids

My middle one seems thirsty...
  19. satellite65

KR-7050 Restoration Parts List

I have a KR-7050 to restore but have been unable to find a restore thread or parts list. Anyone gone thru one of these??? I'm starting with the power supply / driver CCA. The smaller 'lytics are no problem, but I can't find replacements for the main cap's. They are 10,000uF 70V 30mm Dia and...
  20. satellite65

Recognize this Telefunken?

I'm supposed to be getting this Telefunken turntable from a friend the next time I see him. I don't have a model number yet. I tried searching for a matching picture online with no luck. Does anyone recognize this thing? Any good?
  21. satellite65

Someone put a lot of effort into ruining this Marantz

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649874799-mint-serviced-vintage-marantz-4270-audiophile-receiver-integrated-amplifier-rare/
  22. satellite65

Bull

Sad to find that today's episode was the last. This was one of the very few current network series that I liked.
  23. satellite65

Morel mushrooms

This is our first spring in our pond front house. We were walking the dogs down to the pond and I spotted a group of Morel mushrooms. After some research my wife cleaned them and fried them in butter. Very tasty!!!
  24. satellite65

Bryston 4B-ST

There is a pair of 5.1 ohm 1/2W resistors in parallel in the power supply that went up in flames. I've been unable to find a schematic for this particular model, so I traced it out and drew a schematic of the area in question (below). I checked every component in this circuit and found: Both...
  25. satellite65

What is this part?

Someone gave us a 9-year-old NIB (Rockin Rider) rocking horse for our grandson. After assembling it I found that the electronics were completely dead. It's supposed to have a motion sensor to trigger horse sounds and mouth movement, along with playing music when you squeeze an ear. I get 4.8v...
Back
Top Bottom