Search results

1. RAID10

96/24 The Doors on to Maxell XLI on my RT-707

Don't get me wrong, the digital files sound great, they're just a little boring. There's nothing turning or moving. But get the highest quality recording I've heard of an album from my favorite band playing on something almost as old as I am, that's pretty cool. Especially considering the...
  2. RAID10

96/24 The Doors on to Maxell XLI on my RT-707

So, I'm having this religious experience and I thought I'd share... I bought 96/24 flac files of The Doors/The Doors from HDTracks and am currently making a reel of it so I can enjoy it properly. Everything sounds beautiful so far, I can hardly wait to play it back. I only wish I had a...
  3. RAID10

recording from a laptop to reel to reel -

I have the E-MU 202 external interface, it works pretty good but I'm not sure they sell it anymore. Lately, I've been using the Apple Composite Cable with my iPad. It has line out connectors so I can record to pretty much everything from it. There's probably lots of better solutions but it...
  4. RAID10

Newb tape question

The shiny side goes against the heads. The other side is most likely the backcoated side.
  5. RAID10

Forum Virus, spy alert.!!??

After reading this I decided to try AK in IE9 as Safari (my default browser) didn't do this. And, as others have stated, when opening the home page the browser goes to almost the bottom of the page. Not quite all the way to the bottom, it seems to be positioning an "AdChoices" ad at the top...
  6. RAID10

My FIRST bulk tape eraser :)

But... That's how I know it's working! ;) Hard to time the duty cycle tho, must be why it has a light for that.
  7. RAID10

My FIRST bulk tape eraser :)

I've been using a Geneva (I think that's the brand) bulk eraser for a while now. It's one of the table top models with the pin. Works great but it makes my watch stop while I'm using it.
  8. RAID10

I Love These Things - tape tab holders?

I have a few of the plastic ones that came with some old tapes I bought online. I seem to remember some thin aluminum ones of the same basic design but I haven't seen any for a couple of decades.
  9. RAID10

Who is still using tapes ??

Classical tapes are in abundance at my local GW. 50¢ apiece!
  10. RAID10

Fidelity be damned! Streaming Pandora is cool...

Spotify is great, I just signed up yesterday. Th problem is that there is just TOO much and I end up using Pandora for playlist ideas. Maybe it's just me but once I get to choose from damn near any song on the planet my mind goes blank. Some of the playlist generators for Spotify work ok but...
  11. RAID10

Sexy voices

Amy Lee
  12. RAID10

New Tape?

+1 on the Maxell XLI, it's awesome. :D
  13. RAID10

New Tape?

ATR Magnetics and RMGI are the only current manufacturers that I know of. I hear that the ATR formula is a little too much for anything but a true studio reel. RMGI has SM911 or LPR35 that should work well for you. RMGI bought the formulation from EMTEC which I believe was BASF. Congrats...
  14. RAID10

How many ways to estimate length of unlabeled reel tapes?

It must just be me but I've always been able to tell if the tape is 1.5, 1.0 or .5 mil tape. On a 7 inch reel 1.5 = 60 min, 1.0 = 90 min and 1.5 = 120 min (both ways of course). I dunno, maybe i've always oversimplified it. :scratch2:
  15. RAID10

Reciever cuts off right speakers

My Sony receiver does that, sometimes the left, sometimes the right. Drives me F***ing nuts. Still haven't figured out what is causing it.
  16. RAID10

I haven't listened to a cassette in probably 15 years.

And, I just picked up a Nakamichi EXII C-90 today but I can't find much info about the tape. Are they rare?
  17. RAID10

I haven't listened to a cassette in probably 15 years.

That is the exact same deck I am listening to now, I love it. I pick up a few thrift store tapes here and there but I usually just record on it. Back in the day, I could never afford a deck like this but it sure is a lot of fun now.
  18. RAID10

3M/Scotch color tape reels

Yeah, definitely 3m/scotch. My dad had a yellow 5" reel and there is a guy selling the red ones on the bay. I saw one auction that had a blue but I was outbid. I guess I can't say for sure that was a scotch but pretty sure it was. I'm starting to think they were special for govt or big biz...
  19. RAID10

3M/Scotch color tape reels

I have been looking for the 7" colored plastic reels made by scotch and I've seen red, blue and yellow but I have no idea where they come from. I thought maybe it was some of the testing samples or some sort of special package. Anyone know where these came from?
  20. RAID10

My tape score...1st time

XLI's are my fav tape, awesome scroe! Those usually go for $10-$20 EACH since they are still wrapped. Post some pics so we can see which vintage they are.
  21. RAID10

Pioneer RT-701 tape speed is SLOW

I fought with my 707 for a while but it was running fast, ended up buying a new servo board pull off the bay for $20. I did have a slow issue the other day but it was the lube on the capstan roller. -edit- The rubber pinch roller I mean.
  22. RAID10

Birthday score

Happy Birthday!
  23. RAID10

RT-707 Capstan Problem

I'm pretty sure it was the bridge rectifier. I ended up buying the whole servo board from a working 707 and it seems to be working properly now. It sounds so good now that I'm wondering if I'm gonna wear the heads out. Are the 707 heads pretty soft?
  24. RAID10

akai gx-210d plays but doesnt record

Are you using the line in or the mic jacks? Are the right track selectors on? Is there any movement on the VU meters when you try to record?
Back
Top Bottom