Search results

1. uzvarb

Servicing a SONY DAT machine (Pictorial)

Regards to all. I want to ask a question right now. I have known about the frozen head problem on DAT devices for years. And that was not something that annoyed me until now, because it happened rarely. However, it has recently become an almost daily occurrence on one of my machines. No...
  2. uzvarb

On that second DAT rotary encoder is make problem, cleaning with contacts cleaner is not enough. Disassembly and polishing contact will prevent gear destruction. After I see how the contact looks, I clean it and on first DAT.
  3. uzvarb

To the RF amplifier that came from you I changed the capacitors, setting your RF has solved all the problems with reproduction, but it remained a problem in the recording, the problem was much smaller than with a original rf amp. When I changed capacitors, only occasionally a problem occurs. But...
  4. uzvarb

I'm pretty sure that no one has set up DPG. The owner before me used it only as a DAC. What changes DPG specific parameters, and does that mean that it is not possible to switch mechanics from one to another without these settings. Earlier I changed mechanics between dtc59es and 60ES and there...
  5. uzvarb

Thanks to Hdrobien I have good RF amp for dtc-55es. Now playback is perfect, recording on DDS (1,2,3) also perfect. Byt on DAT tapes not. When recording on new dat tape problem is still there. Sounds like bad and scratched vinyl. Finaly I decided to drill a hole on rm-d55a and try secret button...
  6. uzvarb

Nice job. I successfully repeired my 77es, but 55es make me crazy. Yesterday perfectly played two dds3 tapes, with almost no problems. When I try third, drop outs come immediately. And after that drops all tape including previously good played. I'll try to adjust right guide, byt no response.
  7. uzvarb

You're a lucky man, if I owned a DTC 2000es only where I'd go out of the box is a hi-fi rack in the room. I made a video in which we see that my problematic DTC 55es when she wants to play the tape to the end of 4 hours dds, rewound without problems.
  8. uzvarb

I believe that the problem is just in poor solder joints. But the two capacitors have made extensive damage, checked their close surroundings and closer elements with ohm meter. All pcb tracks were ok. But I can not know how much leaked electrolyte damaged parts and PCB itself. PCB washing is...
  9. uzvarb

Hi, I do not own an oscilloscope. Peakmeters go off when it comes to drop out. But there's no clicking of the relay, the electronics not "see" the problem and not mute output. Also, there is not a characteristic of bad sound on the loudspeaker. Today I washed the RF amplifier in 96% alcohol...
  10. uzvarb

Hi, I need help. I have dtc-55es, I serviced mechanics, all brake pads, rotary encoder, degrease...clean heads and change capacitors in RF amp. After that dat is working perfectly for 3-4 hours and start to mute audio. Rew, ff, ABS time shows perfectly, no bad sounds like bad tracking (digital...
  11. uzvarb

Hdrobien talking about this part of mechanic.
  12. uzvarb

I have problems only with one button on 1 of them. Start ID , it's first to bad capacitor.
  13. uzvarb

In the last month I have serviced 4 DTC-77ES. Only one had a problem with the left guide, my DAT. But all 4 had bad capacitors on the front panel, and RF amplifiers. It seemed to be ok, machine work, but the removal will discover that they leaked. On the pictures you can see how to set up the...
  14. uzvarb

I'm on a DTC -670 issue with the disappearance of sound found in poor solder places around wide ribbon cable that comes from mechanics.
  15. uzvarb

In my dtc capacitors die instantly. Listening, pres stop and go to lunch. After 30minutes when pressed play distorted sound... Under all 6 electrolytic capacitors corroded traces. Clean with alcohol, and wash completely pcb. Solder New capacitors and work excellent. I'll think before that that...
  16. uzvarb

Distorted sound may occur if rf amp electrolyte is bad. Change all 6.
  17. uzvarb

Now working, sometimes when try to eject tape unload and load again, and unload and open door. I'll check micro switches again. And I'll try to put some LED light like on ES models. Thanks for help again.
  18. uzvarb

Yes...I found. Thanks very much. Other end of pot, marked with circle, is free?
  19. uzvarb

Yes, forward torque. Thanks, I have service manual, but I don't know for supplement. Many trouble with dtc 670, all possible known problems with mechanics. But solved all.
  20. uzvarb

Hello DAT gurus.. I need schematic diagram to add potentiometer for adjusting tension in DTC-670. I'll have some modification inside. But not adjustable.
  21. uzvarb

Thanks for your reply SaSi. I will try to complete disassembly of mechanics and to apply a deep cleaning. Also I think that is defective electronics that are located on the mechanics and it is connected cables from the head. Is it the RF amplifier?( DTC-55ES ) I am from my DAT remove a proper...
  22. uzvarb

Regards to all the guys this is my first post... I have three DAT machines, two 55ES, 59ES one. On 59ES I successfully solved the problem with missing clips on T2. 55es generally have the problem that when the cold will not rewind the tape. After cleaning everything works great. My first...
Back
Top Bottom