Search results

1. amglow

RTR Speakers? Why Haven’t I Heard of These Before???

RTR speakers? I never heard of them…until seeing a local listing for “pair of speakers”. They are RTR model HPR-12M speakers. The images caught my attention. It looked like the transducer compliment contained a 12” woofer, 12” passive radiator, 2 or 3 tweeters of differing style, and a...
  2. amglow

Found a Fisher Custom Sixty/360 with Stephens & Jensen!

The 1957 Ambassador, does not say "Custom Sixty" on the front panel. It says "Ambassador Series". At least, that's what mine says. It's a stamped metal plate.
  3. amglow

madwing, do you have anymore info on the philharmonic custom-built s-6? Pardon my ignorance...

madwing, do you have anymore info on the philharmonic custom-built s-6? Pardon my ignorance, but what does ”D & S” mean. That’s where you reference more info is available. Where can I find contact info for this console? Many thanks for your help.
  4. amglow

Picked up a 1963 Fisher Ambassador V: 680A amp question

Good thought, Joe. I think you may be correct. I see a standoff and different mounting hardware at the base of the transformer. If I can get in the right position, I think I'll be able to see the original mounting holes. Everything looked so clean and pristine, with all original Fisher...
  5. amglow

Picked up a 1963 Fisher Ambassador V: 680A amp question

I just picked up this nice Fisher console a week ago. I had chance to look her over better and have a question about the 680A amplifier. The model paper attached (A-68) to the back, listing the amplifier and pre/tuner topography, shows the familiar transformer layout for the 680A amp...
  6. amglow

Found a Magnavox 300H Concert Grand!

Retail was $1200 in 1957!
  7. amglow

Found a Magnavox 300H Concert Grand!

Following my daily procedure searching for vintage hifi, I was perusing FB Marketplace and saw an image of a Magnavox reel to reel player. That particular model I've only seen in the 1957 Magnavox 300H Concert Grand, so I looked at the advertisement. Yes, in deed, it was a Concert Grand! I...
  8. amglow

Calling All Motorola Consoles!!!

Thanks for the cool image! It fits in quite nicely to the modern decor.
  9. amglow

Calling All Motorola Consoles!!!

I haven't paid much attention to Motorola consoles, until I saw this one: a Model 23SF8WAF It's a 1961 Motorola stereo TV in a Drexel cabinet. From what I understand it is part of the Drexel Declaration series. I really like the early 60's consoles with the caned speaker grills and oiled...
  10. amglow

1962 Fisher President VII

The seller of this President still has a cabinet only, for a 1962 President for sale on craigslist (MCM) for $300. It will need work, but is in fair shape.
  11. amglow

1962 Fisher President VII

Did anyone see the 1962 Fisher President VII that sold yesterday? Asking price was $3000, and it didn't last 3 days! The President appeared on craigslist/Minneapolis on Sept 4th. By this morning, it was gone! Looked to be in great shape for its age, and original. The owner was asking $3000...
  12. amglow

Restoring a President

Nice work on the truck, Larry! Did you have a deer strike? I had a 2002 Buick LeSabre that took two deer strikes in two years. The second one totaled the car. :-(
  13. amglow

Top 5 most watts per ch. tube console

Another great monophonic console in its day is the 1947-1950 Magnavox Windsor Imperial. The 1947 and 1948 Magnavox catalogs list the output power at 45 watts.
  14. amglow

Top 5 most watts per ch. tube console

The Fisher's last and greatest mono hifi console was the HS-360 Ambassador, produced around 1957. It is the last iteration of the "Custom Sixty" series. It used a two chassis version of their laboratory standard audio amplifier model 50AZ. The power supply chassis is designated the model 360P...
  15. amglow

300 H. Not working

Can you show more images? open the doors on the front and take a couple of detailed images and then some more detailed images of the electronics from the rear. I wouldn't plug it in and try to use it until it had a thorough going over electrically, lest you chance burning up the power...
  16. amglow

300 H. Not working

Well that makes no sense at all. The image shows a 1948-1950 Magnavox Windsor Imperial. Yet, you say the tag indicates it's a "Concert Grand 300H". The model tag will not say the model "name", just the model number. Magnavox did make a model 300H Concert Grand in 1957-1958. Too many...
  17. amglow

Magnavox 300H Concert Grand Console?

Attached is an image of the 300H Concert Grand page out of the Magnavox fall 1957 product catalog.
  18. amglow

Magnavox 300H Concert Grand Console?

That IS a Concert Grand! The one image of the paper ID tag shows the model 300H. That was one of the first Concert Grands. I believe 1957 or 1958. The first Concert Grand was a mono unit. I think the late 1958's came in the same cabinet, but if it was a stereo unit, there would be two...
  19. amglow

Another C.E. VII followed me home...........

Congrats Larry! That model holds a special place in my collection. I picked up that exact model in the Richmond VA area a few short years ago and that is the console that sold me on The Fisher mystique. It even came with a Tandberg reel to reel. Can't wait to see your pictures.
  20. amglow

1955 Fisher Custom Futura console

There is a 1955 Fisher Custom Futura available in the raleigh, NC area for any that may be interested. I'm not associated with the item or seller in any way. Just thought someone here might be interested in a hard to find mid-fifties Fisher hifi. They only made it one year. It uses the J-10...
  21. amglow

Need some SERIOUS Prayers and MOJO from AK'ers! Wife Critical.

Just read the news, Larry. May God prosper your wife and family. Our prayers are with you.
  22. amglow

i'm back, sort of.........................................

Larry, sorry to hear about your back problems. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. However, I'm glad the surgery went well and hope you are resting comfortably. I pray for a quick and successful recovery.
  23. amglow

Fisher Roll Call: Whatcha' Got ?

1960 Fisher Coronet in "Modern" cabinet, model "C-808" (100T tuner/pre, SA-16 amp) 1964 Fisher Custom Electra VII in "Modern" cabinet, model "E-49" ( 590-T tuner/pre, 481-A amplifier)
  24. amglow

1956 Fisher Custom Electra DeLuxe in Hampshire cabinet model "HK15" ( K15 receiver, EV 15KW woofer, EV 847HF mid-horn, EV 35B tweeter, EV X336 crossover) 1956/57 Fisher Ambassador Series HS-360 in Hampshire cabinet (360R tuner/pre, 360P amp pwr supply, 360A amplifier with 1614 outputs, EV...
  25. amglow

1947 Fisher Anniversary 24 console electronics, no cabinet ( has all 4 chassis's. Tuner/pre, amp, dynamic volume expander, and dynamic noise suppressor, plus the DNS filaments supply and all original cabling. Stephens P52A coaxial - 8 cellular horn, 15" speaker) 1950 Fisher Model "E11"...
Back
Top Bottom