Search results

1. goodolpg

HiFi Engine error

Makes sense but I had no idea bots would be used. I'm old and often learning something new here. Thanks
  2. goodolpg

HiFi Engine error

HFE does NOT work well (actually at all) with VPN's and adblockers. I have to shut both off (actually shut adblocker off and "pause" VPN long enough to do a download) mine if I want to download anything. I rarely download documents, it seems some of their issues are with people who download...
  3. goodolpg

Pair of Infinity Kappa 7s - $150 (Eastchester, NY)

Not so cheap anymore...
  4. goodolpg

Pair of Infinity Kappa 7s - $150 (Eastchester, NY)

Wow. I see several boxes in the background, owner might be moving.
  5. goodolpg

Found these Infinity Reference Four's today

For another $40 (or less) you can DIY the foams. If you have not done a refoam yet there are plenty of threads on AK plus some helpful youtube videos online. Or if not comfortable DIY no shame in having a repair shop do the job.
  6. goodolpg

Schematic needed

I think those two links are the same.
  7. goodolpg

Infinity QE new owner, tweeter keeps going out

The Qb's seem to be regarded as very good speakers, hope you enjoy them. For the price of the ebay Qe crossover I PM'd you*** it would seem like a very cheap way to make that speaker "correct" again. For the most part home built DIY crossovers sold on ebay are not held in great esteem, hope you...
  8. goodolpg

Looking for art deco potentiometer dials - custom work more than likely?

You might look around here: https://www.tubesandmore.com/?utm_source=Antique+Electronic+Supply+Customers&utm_campaign=e42d981506-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_10_10_08_10_COPY_03&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_0cd0c8c92f-e42d981506-38157343 No guarantees but maybe you'll find something
  9. goodolpg

Vintage RCA Tweeter impedance

He ^ makes a good point. There could be unbalanced frequency range and/or volume levels using one replacement tweeter. I suppose you could buy 2 of the P-E tweeeters, and put one in each speaker in the same front baffle location, or just replace all 4. Not knowing much about you, your listening...
  10. goodolpg

Avantgarde Acoustics Duo G1 on GW site

Wow. Thrusters and Thunder Lizards more likely at my GW.
  11. goodolpg

Please help me identify where my speakers should be located

3 duplicate threads is way too many. Post in the one best forum for your topic; one thread per topic, no duplicates.
  12. goodolpg

Parts and Service

One note of caution, after cleaning the insides allow plenty of time for any liquids used to evaporate. If not, possible shorts could occur, possibly adding time and money to any clean up or refurbishment.
  13. goodolpg

My visit to the local Hi-Fi shop

There's a combination showroom and repair facility an hour from me. Opened maybe 10 years ago, only open a few hours (afternoons) on Friday and Sat. I feel those of us in the mid Michigan area are fortunate to have them for both repairs and auditions/purchases of vintage gear. I purchased my...
  14. goodolpg

Parts and Service

Welcome to AK. There have been many threads about cleaning both the inside and outside of units, especially receivers. Just guessing your Toshiba is from the early to mid 1970's. Just a place to start looking for cleaning inside and outside of vintage/classic receivers...
  15. goodolpg

Sad Dynacos

Well how do you like that. A modern days woodgraining "tool." Wasn't aware of that style. Being an interior painter by trade I've used a rubber wood graining tool a few times. JMO takes a little practice. Easy to put too many knots in, maybe because it's fun. Doesn't hurt to practice on...
  16. goodolpg

Can you judge a book by it's cover?

Post #2....
  17. goodolpg

A/D/S L1230 Value?

I was just going to say are the speakers near Indianapolis? Except for the name sure sounds a lot like monster receiver guy....MRG does post listings outside the Ind. area but MA seems to far away for him. Unless he's moved...
  18. goodolpg

Is this mid an Altec?

My only reservation was the raised/curved plate that dome is on...most polydome replacements have a flat mounting plate as far as being a polydome type of driver. Is it a little odd there is no manuf. code on the back of the OP's midrange? Is the back of that driver a thin sheet of something...
  19. goodolpg

Is this mid an Altec?

Kind of looks like one of the aftermarket Infinity Polydome replacements...
  20. goodolpg

EV sentry III SOUNDS very baddddd help!

Hey y'all, are those the black with red end caps that are known to drift out of spec? Another mention to make sure the woofers are wired in phase.
  21. goodolpg

Check ebay. Often. And/or set up an alert to be notified if an original crossover(s) is/are listed for sale on there. Sparda check your PM's/messages.
  22. goodolpg

Lentek Sigma 4 Speakers

If for no other reason, it would help keep gunk n stuff from getting into the voice coil as there is apparently no dust cap? But it might serve some acoustic reason as well.
  23. goodolpg

Should I keep or sell

One of the BIG problems selling speakers is that some are BIG. That can equate to BIG shipping charges. So local sales might work better. No shipping or chance of breakage during shipping. Thing is that limits the market and often reduces the selling price. TOTL or legendary speakers sometimes...
  24. goodolpg

Power amp questions with my RSIIIb speakers

FWIW I'm currently (no pun intended) using a Crown XLS with my Infinity RS II's. My RS II's are one of those Infinity's that can be a bit hard on some amps. So your Crown might be worth trying since you have it on hand. If it's working as it should it might be a good match. Occasionally, like...
  25. goodolpg

The fiberfill is probably fine as long as it does not contact the woofer cone and restrict movement of the cone. I'm not familiar with the Q series (RS series I am) but that does not look like Infinity wire as used in RS and beyond (higher) series' Have you ohm'd the offending tweeter using a...
Back
Top Bottom